Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Neutralize remaining enemies" should not include ships like ogmas

AdunSaveMe

It is the very definition of a bullet sponge, in that the only obstacle it poses is its health.

Just make it fly away or something. Nobody wants to sit there for twenty minutes shooting at a single ship, even when hitting its weak point. There is no challenge in it.

14 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

You've artificially limited your loadout. DE doesn't care that you intentionally left out any kind of alternative.

It's a fun way to play and it's a way that DE themselves recognise. It's stupid to have one mission where it's impossible to do.

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

You've artificially limited your loadout. DE doesn't care that you intentionally left out any kind of alternative.

To be fair, when DE made Melee 2.0, they promised that Melee-only would always be somehow viable, and that all the challenges of the mission could be circumvented or defeated with melee only. Thats why they added the old flying attacks, which became Bullet Jumps (for hitting cameras/sensors etc) as well as the thrown melee and gunblades.

Obviously, that's a bit more of a complication in PoE, but they could give us anti-air that we could hack to defeat dropships, or something similar.

6 hours ago, Xarteros said:

To be fair, when DE made Melee 2.0, they promised that Melee-only would always be somehow viable, and that all the challenges of the mission could be circumvented or defeated with melee only. Thats why they added the old flying attacks, which became Bullet Jumps (for hitting cameras/sensors etc) as well as the thrown melee and gunblades.

Obviously, that's a bit more of a complication in PoE, but they could give us anti-air that we could hack to defeat dropships, or something similar.

Doubt the anti-air would last long, and besides, they already went back on their word with Sargas Ruk and Lephantis.  Not every encounter is going to be friendly to XYZ play style.  I honestly thought Stalker was going to do something cute like disarm our ranged weaponry when he turned into Shadow Stalker.  Actually, there is nothing yet that forces us into melee to my knowledge.

One really is limiting themselves by not taking a full allotment of equipment.  Simply put, don't bring a knife to a gun fight, especially one with aircraft.

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

Doubt the anti-air would last long, and besides, they already went back on their word with Sargas Ruk and Lephantis.  Not every encounter is going to be friendly to XYZ play style.  I honestly thought Stalker was going to do something cute like disarm our ranged weaponry when he turned into Shadow Stalker.  Actually, there is nothing yet that forces us into melee to my knowledge.

One really is limiting themselves by not taking a full allotment of equipment.  Simply put, don't bring a knife to a gun fight, especially one with aircraft.

That said, I like how ME3 handled it. Less weapons you bring, the more power/ammo to those weapons. Maybe Melee+Secondary gives you 50% more ammo max, or Melee+Primary is an extra 25% ammo max or something.