Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipers Eidolon

Kusariyaro

Snipers got awesome reworks- More rewarding headshots (removes their power from killing infested tho)

-Innate Punch through
                                                 -No more shaking while zoomed in
                                                -Combo Decay 1 per miss instead of complete loss

But then...To counter "balance" the gains... You make snipers good for basic tiles by lowering all of the zoom ranges... So... buff the weapon completely but remove its purpose: Long range shooting. I barely managed to get 8.4x zoom on my Vectis Prime. Still feels like I am coving just a tad more than rifle zooms...

EDIT: I need support from all sniper enthusiasts!
I made a break from posting today and I was thinking hard on "How to alleviate the zoom problems sniper face now?"

Currently snipers will destroy the old tile maps due to restricted zoom levels. But as I mentioned it doesn't work very well for the ONLY MAP that lets you go all out with snipers.

So... I got an idea how to fix that!

Both ways are lore-oriented with the new Map, but I guess one idea will be way easier to implement then the other.

1st Less possible option:
Add custom scopes (4 types) that can be acquired from Standing on Ostron.

Just like modular melee, SNIPERS would get an AURA STANCE slot that would house different scope mods

Lowest standing tier: Zoom is 3x->5.5X (15000 standing)
Next standing tier: Zoom from 4x->6.5x(25000 standing)
Next standing tier: Zoom from 5->8.5x(40000 standing)
Next standing tier:Zoom from 6x->10x(60000 standing)

Next standing tier 6x->12x(125000 standing)

Sniper scope change CAN BE VISUAL, but for the sake of band-aiding, it is not neccesery!

Second idea is way more lore-glass friendly and easier to implement!
Instead of stance mod slot for sniper, Sniper Rifles get a UNIQUE LENS Slot (next to FOCUS).
Since Plains and Ostron reward a Glass Frame and came with Glass Weapons... I figured out... Glass...glass...

NEW LENSES! 
In this new Lens slot (Can also require a 20p item that also drops as rarest mission reward; Like exilus but for lens slot) a player would be able to house different zoom level range lenses (Similar to the 1st idea, numbers susceptible to change)

This would not only give sniper enthusiasts leeway to play and build their snipers for what they want, it would also give even more reason to grind standing on Plains, making the gameplay there even rewarding, while fixing the insanely small zoom ranges.

And so making the sniper rifles an actual ranged assassin's weapons of choice.

Edited by Kusariyaro
Idea

Tbh vectis range should be something like 2x or 2.5x on low level, and 8~10x zoom for second level, midrange sniping doesn't really exist after playing with snipers for a while. I like the zoom tier system you mentioned

I think the time is coming for a custom mod slot for weapons, like an Exilus/Stance. Such a mod slot would not provide space for the commmon mods, but for utility mods which change the weapon's characteristics in a non-damaging way. Adjusting the Zoom, or suppressing sound, and maybe magazine size/reload time/holster rate are more utility oriented than for raw damage. 

So, I hope to gather more feedback on the idea, and I thank you for the time to respond. I am a sniper fan and while I do like other unique weps in the game, I think Plains and the sniper changes are awesome. But, the idea of a unique utility slot sounds like a great one to allow players to use forgotten(and add more) utility mods for their builds.

Keep the discussion alive- we need more feedback here :)

I agree, the huge reduction to the secondary zoom makes no sense. Even at 60m the targets are not all that big now. I think DE needs to revert all the changes to the second level of zoom while keeping the first reduced. That way one can use the first zoom for mid range, and the second for long range. I want to be able to pick off shots at 300m+.

4 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

I agree, the huge reduction to the secondary zoom makes no sense. Even at 60m the targets are not all that big now. I think DE needs to revert all the changes to the second level of zoom while keeping the first reduced. That way one can use the first zoom for mid range, and the second for long range. I want to be able to pick off shots at 300m+.

That would be fine, if they didn't still have that inane mechanic of "2nd stage zoom = bigger buffs".

Just put on a zoom mod or get a riven with it. With the insane buffs to shot combo, maximizing damage using every single mod slot is negligible in favor of  utilities. Personally, I have zero issue with the new range, especially with Vectis Prime having a BRUTAL scoped-in recoil at long ranges. I'd rather recoil get solved before we ask for zoom. 

Edited by Xaxma

18 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

I wouldn't change the current buffs, just increase the second zoom level.

No, what I mean is making the zoom on the second one bigger will make snipersalmost as bad as before ein tile-sets, as the second stage zoom gives you a higher buff, and the zoom would be back to suck as much as before. They'll just have to make a "Hawkeye" for snipers which has more than 40% zoom increase. Plains only go to ~60 after all so you could drop another mod for that. I' d rather keep the "tile-set" optimal second zoom stage for those sniper-only sorties.

Edited by ShikiRen