Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fish stopped spawning

General_Durandal

Yeah I've had this a few times, had a few times where I get 0 damage too. 

I already think the spawn rate on the fish is too low/slow but not having any fish is pretty annoying considering how 'important' fishing is to progression.

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah I've had this a few times, had a few times where I get 0 damage too. 

I already think the spawn rate on the fish is too low/slow but not having any fish is pretty annoying considering how 'important' fishing is to progression.

Never had the issue where they wouldnt spawn and I couldnt just go into combat and back to fishing to make them show up again - but in terms of the spawn rate; it's something like ½-1½ minute between spawns - sometimes spawning two at the same time. Sometimes even faster. That's not very long at all.
During one night time (50 minutes), I can get around 80-130 Lungfish.
I really dont think they need to be any faster, from my experience at least. If you really hate fishing; then sure, I can see that..

Edited by Tagger

23 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Never had the issue where they wouldnt spawn and I couldnt just go into combat and back to fishing to make them show up again - but in terms of the spawn rate; it's something like ½-1½ minute between spawns - sometimes spawning two at the same time. Sometimes even faster. That's not very long at all.
I really dont think they need to be any faster, from my experience at least. If you really hate fishing; then sure, I can see that..

You actually got 40-65, because the thing counts each fish as 2.

24 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

You actually got 40-65, because the thing counts each fish as 2.

No, I got what I mentioned. The amount I mentioned, was from handing them in. Not from the progression listing.

One full night, generally yields around 80-130 at the spots I tend to sit at, when turning them in (I've done this several times already). The progression listing will double that, so if you want to go by that number; it's 160-260 (Obviously).

Edited by Tagger

1 hour ago, Tagger said:

you know somehow I just don't believe those numbers because based off my own experiences that is far too high an amount for the time you're saying you spend fishing.

It's not a case of hating fishing, it's about how long I want to do something that to put it bluntly isn't why I started playing the game but is now a requirement to get certain items...

13 hours ago, LSG501 said:

you know somehow I just don't believe those numbers because based off my own experiences that is far too high an amount for the time you're saying you spend fishing.

It's not a case of hating fishing, it's about how long I want to do something that to put it bluntly isn't why I started playing the game but is now a requirement to get certain items...

You can believe whatever you want.

Pic, showing hand-in, after the night that just went by (Khut-Khut caught, as Lungfish went away). https://imgur.com/67O6rpO (Equates to 19775 Standing, by handing those it - more than capping me for the day, currently - so I'm not going to hand all in for standing...)
I wasn't going to sit for nearly an hour, to record me hardly moving, so a pic will have to do.
It's all about finding the right spots.
Don't go to larger areas, as that creates a larger area for the fish to spawn and by that, a larger area for you to miss the fish.

Edited by Tagger

I've found I need to have spear out and to look at the water for them to spawn, and that after I catch so many in a certain area they stop spawning there, so I just move to a dif area and fish there and no problems.

Biggest problem right now is that the baits/dies are 1 off bp and only let you make 10 of the item (the baits help alot with the problem your having of 'not enough spawning' btw) but I think the fish 'no longer spawning' in a given spot is intentional to get people to go fish in other places

Also: on the 'damage' thing, that has to due with the fish and the type of spear your using, each spear is better against different types of fish, the large khut khut for instance are a nightmare to try and catch without using the spear that's specifically for catching carapaced fish.  Some fish are just easy to catch with any spear too (like the mortus and the 'catfish' one)

12 minutes ago, MisterDre said:

How does the bait even work?  I've thrown 1, 3, and as many as 7, then waited with my spear for the fish to show up, and nothing!

Is there anything that prevents the fish from spawning?

Apparently you need to aim your spear at the water to get fish to spawn.

I guess they did it that way so you can't just find ponds full of fish and have a fishing frenzy.

27 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Apparently you need to aim your spear at the water to get fish to spawn.

I guess they did it that way so you can't just find ponds full of fish and have a fishing frenzy.

I been doing that, man.  It's been quiet, daytime, the water's deep enough, I'm looking at the water, I'm near the water... Does squadmate activity elsewhere cause issues?  Does it prioritise alerts over fish?  

Edited by MisterDre

34 minutes ago, MisterDre said:

I been doing that, man.  It's been quiet, daytime, the water's deep enough, I'm looking at the water, I'm near the water... Does squadmate activity elsewhere cause issues?  Does it prioritise alerts over fish?  

I don't know, when I go fishing I always solo.
I've seen streamers shoot at each-other's fish, and not scare them away, so I guess no.

• 1 month later...

What seems to be the case for me is: When I look directly at the water, spear out, I get no fish to spawn. But after I look in the opposite direction of the water for about 30 seconds about 6 varying types of fish will have spawned right in front of me. So if looking at the water is not working, you might have to just do the opposite.

38 minutes ago, Deadphase said:

What seems to be the case for me is: When I look directly at the water, spear out, I get no fish to spawn. But after I look in the opposite direction of the water for about 30 seconds about 6 varying types of fish will have spawned right in front of me. So if looking at the water is not working, you might have to just do the opposite.

Are you on something? Like one of those giant bones?

The only way I get no fish at all to spawn,
is being to far away from the water.

You need to be close to the water for them to spawn.
So no more then a meter or two above the water.
So most of those big rocks and bones aren't going to be good for fishing because you are to far away from the water.

On 11/19/2017 at 7:16 PM, General_Durandal said:

Are you on something? Like one of those giant bones?

The only way I get no fish at all to spawn,
is being to far away from the water.

You need to be close to the water for them to spawn.
So no more then a meter or two above the water.
So most of those big rocks and bones aren't going to be good for fishing because you are to far away from the water.

No, I stand right on the shore and face away from the body of water and that's what gets them to spawn for me. Idk why but that's just the case.