Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the love of god, do something about the enemy types in PoE!

o0Despair0o

EDIT: Fine, I get it, I suck, stop telling me how bad I am. I get it.

Spoiler

So... I got a greater Madurai lens on my Banshee Prime (a.k.a Squishy Prime), and I want to get some focus as well as standing for the Ostrons in Cetus. So what do I do? Exactly - I play some of the low - mid level bounties and go fisching. But...

A level ~20 bounty. Sounds easy. I'll just go to the marked area and snipe them with my Rubico. No prob- aaaaaaand I'm dead. Why? 4 Eximus Bombards spamming their crit-rockets from all sides.

Alright, let's try Nyx then. CC should work. Protect the drone? Oh, I can't even describe how much fun that is. Let's just CC the area and get mov- aaaaaand it's dead. Why? 2 dropships full of Eximus Heavy Gunners.

Fine then. Screw the Astilla. 80K orange crit-Arca Plasmor it is then. (That is, if my Kavat plays with me and not against me for once.) Level 40 mission. Easy. Defend the area? Easy! Just CC with Nyx and shoot thi- aaaaand I'm dead. Why? EXACTLY! A WHOLE FREAKIN CAMP OF EXIMUS BOMBARDS AND GUNNERS! And you know the best part? I deal like no damage at all to them! AND LOOK! MY KAVAT IS DEAD! WHAT ELSE COULD YOU WANT?

*sigh* Fine! Let's go fishing then.

Just get to that lak- aaaaand I'm being attacked by some GOD DAMN MINI-SENTIENTS AGAIN!

Fine, screw this, I'll go search for some ge- OH SHUT UP LOTUS I'M NOT GONNA DEFEND THAT FREAKIN' DRONE. (are you going to let that happ-) YES I AM.

De, please, I'm f***in' begging you, do something about these spawns. There is a GREAT DIFFERENCE between "increasing the difficulty the further out you go" and "spamming Eximus like it's some kind of sport".

lPOkV67.png

Edited by o0Despair0o
Typo x2

7 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

*sigh* Fine! Let's go fishing then.

Just get to that lak- aaaaand I'm being attacked by some GOD DAMN MINI-SENTIENTS AGAIN!

Ivara....you just stick yourself in stealth and fish away to your hearts content

As to the rest, as much as I hate to say it you can cheese most of them with ember wof still..... which I'll admit I've been doing to complete some bounties 'quickly' because they keep bugging out on me meaning I fail and I'm getting sick of wasting time with no rewards type of thing (I've lost so much standing from bugs in bounty it's not funny any more)

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

No offence man but if you've been playing the game long, you should have a variety of methods for dealing with mobs of enemies. All I'm getting from this post is: 

sZLebo9.gif

I do. But I do not have any methofs of dealing with like 30 eximus heavy bombards. Maybe 6.

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

I also tried Excal and even Valkyr. Valkyr makes surviving easy, but isn't helping when defending that damn drone.

I use Valkyr prime. Defending the drone in the hardest bounty was easy. Perhaps you need to get better gear? I mostly used Sancti Tigris, Akstelleto Prime and Atterax for it. No issue at all.

Just now, krc473 said:

I use Valkyr prime. Defending the drone in the hardest bounty was easy. Perhaps you need to get better gear? I mostly used Sancti Tigris, Akstelleto Prime and Atterax for it. No issue at all.

Possibly. I'm running a Astilla with 100% Corrosive and Blast damage, Akstiletto Prime/Sonicor/Vaykor marelok and a Dragon Nikana.

Just now, krc473 said:

I'll probably sound like a snob, but I really do think the OP just needs to get good.

1 minute ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Do you have a method for dealing with 30 regular enemies? Apply that method to bombards and you're golden.

Of course. The problem isn't even the amount of enemies but the fact that they're all eximus with something that feels like a 99% damage reduction. Honestly, the only thing in the whole game that keeps screwing me over are Eximus.

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

And you're having trouble? I'm sorry but it really does sound like you just aren't very good at the game.

I may not be the best but I can promise you that I know what I'm doing. I'm just angry about the game spawning literally ONLY eximus.

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Possibly. I'm running a Astilla with 100% Corrosive and Blast damage, Akstiletto Prime/Sonicor/Vaykor marelok and a Dragon Nikana.

I was able to solo the highest level bounties without issue, using only Atterax, Valkyr Prime and my (Smeeta) kavat (naramon focus for extra affinity :inlove:)

Only time I needed a gun was when I had to kill a couple of flying enemies.

3 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I may not be the best but I can promise you that I know what I'm doing. I'm just angry about the game spawning literally ONLY eximus.

Have you ever done an Eximus only Sortie? All you have to do is have a good CC frame/weapon, gain some distance and fire away and that should be easy in PoE. End game survivals also spawn literally only eximus units after a certain time. While they aren't exactly easy, they are exploitable like any other enemy. I can understand your frustration, but the game has been doing this sort of thing for quite a while now.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

It never ceases to amaze me how people can say this:

13 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Fine then. Screw the Astilla. 80K orange crit-Arca Plasmor it is then. 

And this:

14 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

2 dropships full of Eximus Heavy Gunners.

And not see a connection. 

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

Have you ever done an Eximus only Sortie? All you have to do is have a good CC frame/weapon, gain some distance and fire away. End game survivals also spawn literally only eximus units after a certain time. While they aren't exactly easy, they are easily exploitable like any other enemy. I can understand your frustration, but the game has been doing this sort of thing for quite a while now.

The thing is that I basically developed some kind of phobia of eximus. I avoid any sortie that is eximus-only or spy. Or both.