Cyberpunk themed secondary

Eidolon_Slayer

Question

14 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Vasto?

Bolto?

Pyrana?

Ballistica? (although I suggest that on the tech of shooting arrows more than looks).

Some of those are near borderline cyberpunk... 

2 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

I'd say that the Lex is pretty Cyberpunky, Big, Heavy, and Lound but still sleek

others you might like are the Akjagara, Brakk, Pyrana and the Twin Gremlins.

I've been thinking about that one.

15 minutes ago, Eidolon_Hunter said:

Some of those are near borderline cyberpunk... 

Not really sure what you are after then.

Cos for me, the cyber's already dealt with. We're Space Ninja's. That's pretty cyber.

So you're looking for the punk in the weapon. And there's not much more punk than a revolver (Vasto). Apart from arrows, maybe. Or musket.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

1 minute ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Cos for me, the cyber's already dealt with. We're Space Ninja's. That's pretty cyber.

So you're looking for the punk in the weapon. And there's not much more punk than a revolver (Vasto). Apart from arrows, maybe.

Ah, think of high-tech and low-life put together.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

So you're looking for the punk in the weapon. And there's not much more punk than a revolver (Vasto). Apart from arrows, maybe. Or musket.

Arrows and revolvers aren't really punk

also 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

CyberPunk is a genre in of itself it's not just a mixture of both of them, the biggest main media cyberpunk representation I can think off is the upcoming game by CD red

Spoiler

Just now, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I understand high-tech but don't know what low-life is.

"A low-life is a term for a person who is considered morally unacceptable by his or her community. Examples of people often labeled low-lives include thieves, drug dealers, hustlers, freeloaders, scammers, gangsters, drug users, alcoholics, thugs, prostitutes, pimps, criminals and troubled teenagers associated with and involved in the aforementioned activities." 

The Lato is basically Deckard's handgun from Blade Runner, and if that's not cyberpunk I don't know what is.

As far as other weapons, you should really judge them on an individual basis, but I can say that nothing Infested fits the criteria. Very few Tenno weapons do aside from the aforementioned Lato, and they have the retro/noir type look to them like Blade Runner. Some of the Grineer stuff, like the Atomos, has the dystopian type look of The Fifth Element. Finally, a lot of the Corpus stuff, like the Detron, has the more generic boxy futuristic type look of Deus Ex.

Edited by Dreddeth