Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AMP/ZAW Crafting not worth the investment

MeLbZ

I've been playing Warframe since 2013.  Ever since you released Plains of Eidolon I've been hooked up on unlocking all the new content and I like it that you are fixing and improving on it almost everyday.  What really caught my interest was the new crafting system for Zaw's and Amp's!  It really is exciting to try all the possible Zaw and Amp combinations!  Here's the situation:

• In order to try all the possible combinations, we currently have to obtain a lot of Ostron/Quill standing to unlock each individual part's blueprint, and have to secure the materials to craft them.
  • Once we've crafted the parts, their blueprints can no longer be re-used.
  • If i found the resulting Zaw/Amp to be unsatisfactory, I would naturally want to try a different combination next time, but I would have to gather more resources >> complete more bounties/eidolon hunts >> earn standing >> buy a new set of blueprints >> craft new components.
  • If i chose to dispose of the weapon by pledging to the Ostrons/Quills, the standing i get back is TINY compared to what I've already spent.  Therefore, not worth it.

I find Repeating the whole process NOT WORTHWILE and DISCOURAGING, especially if I just wanted to change ONE COMPONENT from the previous weapon that i crafted.  We players eventually reach the dilemma of what to do with our hard-earned Ostron/Quill standing: to further rank up our reputation; or to spend it on Zaw/Amp blueprints. The fear of wasting precious standing to yield a possibly unsatisfactory weapon and the trouble of repeating the grinding process just to try a different combination of parts is what keeps me from crafting a Zaw/Amp right now.  It makes me think that it's more worthwile to just max out my Ostron/Quill reputation first to unlock all the content before exploring the crafting system.  So here are my suggestions to make the crafting system WORTHWILE:

• Give us the option to DISMANTLE the Zaws and Amps we've crafted.  I'd like to be able to explore other combinations with as little expense as possible.  I would suggest limiting this option to weapons that aren't gilded yet.  Didn't you describe them to be "modular weapons with interchangeable components"?
  • Make the Zaw and Amp component blueprints reusable.  Enough said.  If you can't even do this, then at the very least, pledging the weapons should also give us back the blueprints of each component.
  • How about allowing players to pledge non-Zaw weapons to get Ostron standing? The Ostron need weapons, and veteran players surely have an old Skana or Bo lying around that they don't use anymore.  Surely, one Tenno's trash could be an Ostron's treasure.
  • Then how about allowing players to trade their focus points for Quill Standing? A low ratio like 20:1 is alright.  For example, If I have 100,000 zenurik focus, i could contribute this "experience" to aide the Quills which would give me around 5,000 Quill Standing.

Edited by MeLbZ
added 3rd and 4th suggestions

11 minutes ago, MeLbZ said:

I've been playing Warframe since 2013.  Ever since you released Plains of Eidolon I've been hooked up on unlocking all the new content and I like it that you are fixing and improving on it almost everyday.  What really caught my interest was the new crafting system for Zaw's and Amp's!  It really is exciting to try all the possible Zaw and Amp combinations!  Here's the situation:

• In order to try all the possible combinations, we currently have to obtain a lot of Ostron/Quill standing to unlock each individual part's blueprint, and have to secure the materials to craft them.
  • If i found the resulting Zaw/Amp to be unsatisfactory, I would naturally want to try a different combination next time, but I would have to gather more resources >> complete more bounties/eidolon hunts >> earn standing >> buy a new set of blueprints >> craft new components.
  • If i chose to dispose of the weapon by pledging to the Ostrons/Quills, the standing i get back is TINY compared to what I've already spent.  Therefore, not worth it.

I find Repeating the whole process NOT WORTHWILE and DISCOURAGING, especially if I just wanted to change ONE COMPONENT from the previous weapon that i crafted.  We players eventually reach the dilemma of what to do with our hard-earned Ostron/Quill standing: to further rank up our reputation; or to spend it on Zaw/Amp blueprints. The fear of wasting precious standing to yield a possibly unsatisfactory weapon and the trouble of repeating the grinding process just to try a different combination of parts is what keeps me from crafting a Zaw/Amp right now.  It makes me think that it's more worthwile to just max out my Ostron/Quill reputation first to unlock all the content before exploring the crafting system.  So here are my suggestions to make the crafting system WORTHWILE:

• Give us the option to DISMANTLE the Zaws and Amps we've crafted.  I'd like to be able to explore other combinations with as little expense as possible.  I would suggest limiting this option to weapons that aren't gilded yet.  Didn't you describe them to be "modular weapons with interchangeable components"?
  • Make the Zaw and Amp component blueprints reusable.  Enough said.  If you can't even do this, then at the very least, pledging the weapons should also give us back the blueprints of each component.

I would be happy if i could just make buy a test gear from hok and the quills to test stuff out.

For a tiny amount of standing hok crafts you an apprentice zaw what you can choose any components they have avaible (any part even the locked ones) and once you done you get a rank 30 3 forma apprentice zaw or amp what is useable for 3 hours then it breaks down into junk.

This would be enough to test out everything you want without feeling ripped.

I haven't even started to craft Zaw/Amp only purchased BPs and now I red your post and I already regret this :|

Maybe I need to wait for little more for DE to fix these huge bummers to enjoy handcrafted weapons even more. Thanks for Wikipeding me :clap:

Edited by Traxadel

Have to agree with almost everything here.

The part i like most is the abbility to disassamble non gilted Zaws/amps so you can experiment with the builds. This also goes well with the idea that you get MR rank from only gilded Zaws/Amps.

Once you have one part build and can reuse it until gilted its fine to have one time use blueprints.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

3 hours ago, MeLbZ said:

• How about allowing players to pledge non-Zaw weapons to get Ostron standing? The Ostron need weapons, and veteran players surely have an old Skana or Bo lying around that they don't use anymore.  Surely, one Tenno's trash could be an Ostron's treasure.
  • Then how about allowing players to trade their focus points for Quill Standing? A low ratio like 20:1 is alright.  For example, If I have 100,000 zenurik focus, i could contribute this "experience" to aide the Quills which would give me around 5,000 Quill Standing.

Very well said!

I took one look and decided to ignore the whole system for now. My general approach to warframe is to just play and have fun, and then check to see if I've passively acquired the resources to build something. I have been having a lot of fun fishing, so maybe one day in the day future I will have enough to build one saw/amp part.

Easiest fix in my opinion?

PUT OPERATORS IN THE ARSENAL MENU

1. Our primary, secondary, and third part would just be AMP parts that should be able to be switched in and out.
  2. We'd get to see our operator standing fully, thus making fashion-frame easier
  3. Chair would still be used for Focus

As for Zaws? I'd prefer the same treatment honestly. We always hear Hok yelling at "Pedleck" who I assume is the sleeping guy next to him who's being lazy.

Make it so if we talk to Pedleck all he'd do is disassemble or reassemble Zaws for us. Hell, have him charge a resource if needed. That gives us more customization as well as keeps in the spirit of the game/characters. Plus it'd be funny to hear Hok yell at him not to screw up or to treat the Zaw nicely.

I made the mistake of assuming the most expensive parts for a Zaw would be good. They're not. I built for high damage and crit and the result is pitiful compared to non-custom weapons.

At present I recommend not wasting your time and resources on building a Zaw unless you really want the mastery points.