Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No seriously DE. You need better introductions and tutorials.

Spartan336

20h newbie here (Earth, Venus, Mercury, Mars, many fissures, alerts and so on):

I'm fairly experienced with such kind of games and it was quite complicated early but with wiki and stuff I figured out the most atm.

What I am lacking off is some kind of reward. Something that is "touchable" (a weapon, cool stuff, etc.). Right now I only own a couple of blueprints for a few warframes (2 pieces max per frame) andweapons (i'm basically not interested in as they are worse as my Some Prime). Everything is maxed at 30, no chance to build a Forma at this point.

So I'm rushing through planets in the hope to get something at some point but frankly I'm not very confident.

Additionally the missions are boring and repetitive as f**k since they are absolutely not challenging.

Conclusion: My motivation currently decreases day by day but I hope to find something exciting in the next 10 days otherwise I will put this game aside.

12 minutes ago, RagingReo said:

20h newbie here (Earth, Venus, Mercury, Mars, many fissures, alerts and so on):

I'm fairly experienced with such kind of games and it was quite complicated early but with wiki and stuff I figured out the most atm.

What I am lacking off is some kind of reward. Something that is "touchable" (a weapon, cool stuff, etc.). Right now I only own a couple of blueprints for a few warframes (2 pieces max per frame) andweapons (i'm basically not interested in as they are worse as my Some Prime). Everything is maxed at 30, no chance to build a Forma at this point.

So I'm rushing through planets in the hope to get something at some point but frankly I'm not very confident.

Additionally the missions are boring and repetitive as f**k since they are absolutely not challenging.

Conclusion: My motivation currently decreases day by day but I hope to find something exciting in the next 10 days otherwise I will put this game aside.

I'll congratulate you on having a higher attention span than most. Chances are something like that will happen in the next 10 days, but with a game like Warframe no one can say for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 3:44 AM, DeltaPangaea said:

That Free Prime with Prime thing was a godawful mistake.

Starting new players with one of the strongest weapons in the game? The hell kind of plan was that? If you start from the top, you've got nowhere to go.

"What was your starting weapon?"

Tenno #1: Braton!

Tenno #2: Paris!

Tenno #3: Soma Prime

All the Tenno: :awkward:

As we know, Warframe has been almost ruthlessly opaque about how any mechanics work in the game. I've always sort of lived with it and my tiny clan frequently spends time on TeamSpeak updating each other on stuff we found in-game, learned from YouTube, or  the Wiki, etc.

Which, while a kind of a fun meta-game in itself, is odd considering some of them are founders that have never stopped playing the game for more than a few weeks at a time and I've been playing just about as long. 

Maybe that's why we are still interested and I guess I should count that as a positive.

HOWEVER, I've recently introduced a friend to Warframe who is a very experienced long-time gamer and has a strong stomach for the grind.  He is doing pretty good, but I'd wager the primary reason he's made any headway into the star chart, and has any decent builds, is he has direct help and information from a team of freaking founders.  The shear amount of stuff that has to be explained so a new player has any sense of how, let alone why is really staggering.

So, in conclusion, while I appreciate the never-ending story of mysterious mechanics to Warframe, there really needs to be a way to get a strong sense of the basics in-game for new players. That way they may feel the pull to stay and explore further.   After that they can join the rest of us in debating the finer details that make it interesting for the longer haul.

Plus...you get to mercilessly mow down hoards of enemies for fun and prizes, and who doesn't love that?

Edited by Don_T_Shoot
Grandma, er, grammar.

One of the biggest things I see from newbies is "I completed the beginning quest, what now?".  A simple transmission from the Lotus after the quest, along with mail, saying something along the lines of "congratulations Tenno, you have freed yourself from the clutches of Vor.  But this is only the beginning.  From here you must get stronger to combat the threats we are facing throughout the Origin System."  or something, will help a bit.

2 hours ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

As we know, Warframe has been almost ruthlessly opaque about how any mechanics work in the game. I've always sort of lived with it and my tiny clan frequently spends time on TeamSpeak updating each other on stuff we found in-game, learned from YouTube, or  the Wiki, etc.

Which, while a kind of a fun meta-game in itself, is odd considering some of them are founders that have never stopped playing the game for more than a few weeks at a time and I've been playing just about as long. 

Maybe that's why we are still interested and I guess I should count that as a positive.

HOWEVER, I've recently introduced a friend to Warframe who is a very experienced long-time gamer and has a strong stomach for the grind.  He is doing pretty good, but I'd wager the primary reason he's made any headway into the star chart, and has any decent builds, is he has direct help and information from a team of freaking founders.  The shear amount of stuff that has to be explained so a new player has any sense of how, let alone why is really staggering.

So, in conclusion, while I appreciate the never-ending story of mysterious mechanics to Warframe, there really needs to be a way to get a strong sense of the basics in-game for new players. That way they may feel the pull to stay and explore further.   After that they can join the rest of us in debating the finer details that make it interesting for the longer haul.

Plus...you get to mercilessly mow down hoards of enemies for fun and prizes, and who doesn't love that?

That's an interesting point though. Some of the community thrive off of helping other players, and the wiki and such are a good example of that. I still stick with the belief that new players shouldn't have to use the wiki or youtube, but you can't deny it's brought the community closer together. 

17 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

That's an interesting point though. Some of the community thrive off of helping other players, and the wiki and such are a good example of that. I still stick with the belief that new players shouldn't have to use the wiki or youtube, but you can't deny it's brought the community closer together. 

Exactly.  At some point as people progress, and if they want to explore mechanics, the meta comes into the equation and people should go to outside sources for that.  But before that, the game should be guiding/explaining things a bit more.  Though I'm not sure how they would make that explanation FUN for people because it could easily turn into just the wiki stuck inside of the game. 

• XP is called Affinity and this how you get it and where it goes when you get it. go through the star chart, etc, this mastery rank and what it does, there will be a test at the end of each rank, just remember to keep killing hordes of mobs in new and stylish ways and it will all work out, but here's 10 more things you should know first....