Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2.0 FOCUS POINT [CAP]

--XanTerra-Alexandria--

Focus Point Farming Caps is too low...  Need more Caps for daily, 

the caps is only 250k per day,  but to unlocked the focus tree ability cost 225k. not included the next unlocked for 300k, and i do not know it might be 500k on the next unlooked,

and will be 1million for last unlocked? 

with 250k caps perday AKA as unlocked 1 focus tree ability.  Need more caps, more caps...

Please Increase the daily cap or No Caps at all.. 

maybe increasing the caps around 800K per day or atleast 600k perday cap, it depend to people how many they want to farm the cap. 

the amount with 250k cap is  totally low.. more cap more unlock. we're not gonna farm it everyday yes we dont, 

but once we do it, we do it seriously in order to unlocked the trees, not gonna do it everyday because for some reason for example doings some other stuff, farming resources , doing some quest etc,  

increasing the caps form 100k to 250k its just the same.  why? it is because

• The COST of unlocking the trees is increasing, 
  • The Unlocking Rank Per trees is Increasing,

etc

I know im not always keep eye on the focus before. but i can feel somethings increased.

Please Consider this. 250k Focus Caps is too low. 

Agree or Disagree.  Disagree to Agree and Agree to Disagree

FOCUS POINT CAP IS TOO LOW

End story. 

4 minutes ago, Gravitus123 said:

No the cap needs to stay at 250k its already hard enough to get that in one single day.What they should do is remove the capacity system which is just another focus dump and lower the focus costs of skills 

NO! the cap is too low,  the amount cap wit 250k give "NO" choices to get more point, no you dont get it,  why it need to increase daily cap,   

But if kind of people like you want cap stay, No problem with increasing daily, for example

800k cap perday,  Players Have a choice to gather as much as they want or they cant, no bother.

so, if you @Gravitus123 u want 250k, just keep only for 250k  if enough for you, no need to go far,   as me, and my other friend we can go 800k cap daily .

As what @CR0SSB0NE said, maybe it can be done with MR SCALE.. thats better too, but for MR 20 above must have 800k cap per day,  

and again I stated already, 250k cap AKA unlocking only for 1 tree ability,  next unlocking 300k, who knows next unlocking could be 500k then 1million, who knows and not only 1 ability need 225k or 250k but many of the ability trees.  farming daily with 250k is too low and feel being CHAINED  like we can do what we capable doing it, 

Need more cap. 

I dont understand why the Cap is even needed.  If someone wants to spend their days farming focus, why should they not be able to?  I understand that DE wants us to farm and have goals, but why limit us as to how we achieve these goals.  There is no limit to the number of resources you can harvest in a day, and Focus is a resource, of a sorts.

If they wont remove the cap, then they definitly need to raise it a bunch.

2 hours ago, Coalfax said:

I dont understand why the Cap is even needed.  If someone wants to spend their days farming focus, why should they not be able to?  I understand that DE wants us to farm and have goals, but why limit us as to how we achieve these goals.  There is no limit to the number of resources you can harvest in a day, and Focus is a resource, of a sorts.

If they wont remove the cap, then they definitly need to raise it a bunch.

yea agree WHY? ", why should they not be able to"  Need Increase the Focus cap to 1 million for mr20 above

5 hours ago, --XanTerra-Alexandria-- said:

NO! the cap is too low,  the amount cap wit 250k give "NO" choices to get more point, no you dont get it,  why it need to increase daily cap,   

But if kind of people like you want cap stay, No problem with increasing daily, for example

800k cap perday,  Players Have a choice to gather as much as they want or they cant, no bother.

so, if you @Gravitus123 u want 250k, just keep only for 250k  if enough for you, no need to go far,   as me, and my other friend we can go 800k cap daily .

As what @CR0SSB0NE said, maybe it can be done with MR SCALE.. thats better too, but for MR 20 above must have 800k cap per day,  

and again I stated already, 250k cap AKA unlocking only for 1 tree ability,  next unlocking 300k, who knows next unlocking could be 500k then 1million, who knows and not only 1 ability need 225k or 250k but many of the ability trees.  farming daily with 250k is too low and feel being CHAINED  like we can do what we capable doing it, 

Need more cap. 

And you don't understand why games make caps in the first place. They don't want you rushing through content then whining in a week that there isn't enough to do and that the new system is lacking. This is a simple concept used in hundreds of games to prolong the life of the content. The cap is there by specific design.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

And you don't understand why games make caps in the first place. They don't want you rushing through content then whining in a week that there isn't enough to do and that the new system is lacking. This is a simple concept used in hundreds of games to prolong the life of the content. The cap is there by specific design.

Eventhou i knew that, if a cap is required it shud be more cap, and yes,  atleast it can be SCALE with MR.  and 250k cap is AKA unlocking 1 tree 1 ability rank, do you think all of us have time to do that everyday? No! there is a lot of things to do, well, when we do it we do it seriously,  like once in a year.  if you afraid of rushing then Do it in low cap perday, im not gonna do it everyday. not all of us, everyone have their own things to do,  CAP need to be increase

When CAP increase Peoples have a choices to do it how much they want to get the point, not everyones playing game 24/7 oh god, some only can play it around 3-7hr and thats maybe once or twice in a week.

yes yes cap is there by specific design, its a manipulation from 100k to 250k, its just the same,  all i can realize new focus 2.0 now days need more point to unlock for only 1 ability rank in those tree. 

250k is AKA 1 ability rank unlocking, ive seen 2nd rank is 300k , who knows at the end need 1million point to do it,  the old way of farming point with no cap is much more 100% no doubt better,  i understand cap design for some reason but must understand too that cap is NOT enough and too low, unless all unlocking only need 50k point.

In other words "if you understand why we there has a food but you dont understand why we eat food and why food?"

for example

[Madurai]

• -Inner gaze' on the second rank to unlock is 225k point, 3rd might need 300k dunno 4th maybe need 500k, thats for 1 ability in those tree, 
  • -Eternal gaze' 6 ranks and need 225k in 1st rank.

[zenurik]

• -void siphon' has 6 ranks , think about it, 
  • -void flow' 6 ranks at 2nd rank need 300k+ point what it will be on rank 5 n 6?

[unairu]

• -sundering dash has 5 ranks cost 80k to unlock rank by rank how much?

Cap need to be increased, It depend on players how much cap they want to get per day, i believe not all player will do it everyday , everyday is a cap day.. 

This is a chained on players included

the cap is fine, its there to limit progress and keep players from maxing focus too quickly. the real issue is that its impossible to get any real gains without going out of our way to farm for focus specifically. that is the thing that needs to be addressed the most. only after that is done should they look at the costs, the cap shouldnt be increased at all tho,

IMO Focus cap should change to 30k * MR, which gives the following caps:

MR   Cap
1 | 30,000
2 | 60,000
3 | 90,000
4 | 120,000
5 | 150,000
6 | 180,000
7 | 210,000
8 | 240,000
9 | 270,000
10 | 300,000
11 | 330,000
12 | 360,000
13 | 390,000
14 | 420,000
15 | 450,000
16 | 480,000
17 | 510,000
18 | 540,000
19 | 570,000
20 | 600,000
21 | 630,000
22 | 660,000
23 | 690,000
24 | 720,000
25 | 750,000
Edited by Almagnus1

Just now, NightBlitz said:

the cap is fine, its there to limit progress and keep players from maxing focus too quickly. the real issue is that its impossible to get any real gains without going out of our way to farm for focus specifically. that is the thing that needs to be addressed the most. only after that is done should they look at the costs, the cap shouldnt be increased at all tho,

I can agreed with it that CAP is fine, and its ok but still, CAP need to be increased,  and yea even gaining focus is low without booster around 2k 4k maybe,

but even with booster, its not totally worth, it just gain fast, stuck and chained by the cap op 250k and its useless with those really100x small cap, 

I found doing it everyday is not fun, really not fun, I really2 wanna feel diff enjoyable in this game, by doing something quest , etc, BUT when keep focusing on focus farming? not just me, some players might dont have time for that, just we can think about it.

how long we can get squad in recruit channel? around 30mint sometimes 1hours dit depen, if lucky we just get less than 5min, thats one thing,

2nd, how long it takes to do it for 1 mission? less than hour or more than hours, it depen, even repeat the same mission sometimes in ship there always have 1 person atleast to do something in ship , takes time more than 15 mint, modding maybe.

Tbh, when focus on farming we almost cant do any type of mission just to focus2 everyday and everyday farm focus,

its not enjoyable when doing it like this, open warframe > login < farm focus > quit game >repeat everyday.  how about if we farming a foucs that actually we dont want so need to changed other focus that might interest us,  again everyone play games 24/7 - 30days/1month . some people only takes 2hr, 3hr or maybe 5-7hr, but these not everyday,

yes we love spending time on this game but not like everyday hero. its boring when we cant do something just to farm focus for a long time, dunno how to say, 

if Cap can be increased its better, arouns 1m or 800k , depend on mr scale maybe, mr20 above can get 800k cap perday. then its depend on players how much point they want to get atleast we have a choices to do it, 250k cap perday is a joke

58 minutes ago, RyuZakon said:

50k Per mastery rank seems fair to me.

if 50k per mr

MR1 50k daily cap

MR10  500k cap

MR 20 1m cap

that sounds great

5 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

IMO Focus cap should change to 30k * MR, which gives the following caps:

MR   Cap
1 | 30,000
2 | 60,000
3 | 90,000
4 | 120,000
5 | 150,000
6 | 180,000
7 | 210,000
8 | 240,000
9 | 270,000
10 | 300,000
11 | 330,000
12 | 360,000
13 | 390,000
14 | 420,000
15 | 450,000
16 | 480,000
17 | 510,000
18 | 540,000
19 | 570,000
20 | 600,000
21 | 630,000
22 | 660,000
23 | 690,000
24 | 720,000
25 | 750,000

and this a little bit low, 50k sounds better

16 minutes ago, --XanTerra-Alexandria-- said:

that sounds great

and this a little bit low, 50k sounds better

So with the current 250k cap, it's going to take you roughly 400 days to max out everything, so with an MR10, they're at about 200 days as their half of the cap.  MR20 is at 100 days.  I'm not sure if that's going to be too short for the grind, or if that's just right.

The other problem that we're going to run head first into with the increased cap is actually getting to the cap is not going to be much fun, due to current focus acquisition methods.

MR   Cap
1 | 50,000
2 | 100,000
3 | 150,000
4 | 200,000
5 | 250,000
6 | 300,000
7 | 350,000
8 | 400,000
9 | 450,000
10 | 500,000
11 | 550,000
12 | 600,000
13 | 650,000
14 | 700,000
15 | 750,000
16 | 800,000
17 | 850,000
18 | 900,000
19 | 950,000
20 | 1,000,000
21 | 1,050,000
22 | 1,100,000
23 | 1,150,000
24 | 1,200,000
25 | 1,250,000

We don't need a higher cap.  We need a way of earning focus that makes it easier for people to reach the cap without a dedicated farm build.  2 hour farm to reach the daily cap when you have 3-4 hours to play each day makes it so you can't enjoy the rest of the game.

6 hours ago, Gravitus123 said:

No the cap needs to stay at 250k its already hard enough to get that in one single day.What they should do is remove the capacity system which is just another focus dump and lower the focus costs of skills 

The problem isn't with the focus cap, the convergence orbs and the general lack of focus through normal gameplay, or the school capacity system. It is all of them. At once.

The orbs should be nuked and base focus gain massively boosted to make realistic gains required to unlock focus actually realistically possible; the focus cap should be raised or nuked entirely to make the overall grind not as ridiculous as it is right now even with players hitting the 250k cap every single day; the capacity system needs to be nuked for the exact reason you mentioned.

You need all of these, because you can't claim to have fixed the focus system while leaving these glaringly massive flaws in place.

If Focus acquisition were balanced properly relative to the cost of unlocking passives such that there were only minor differences between earning Focus passively and actively farming for it, there would be no need for a hard cap.

You will already have an effective cap in that only so much grinding is possible in a given day, and players will be less mentally inclined to grind Focus if there is little difference between trying to grind it and simply doing something else with lenses equipped.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

So with the current 250k cap, it's going to take you roughly 400 days to max out everything, so with an MR10, they're at about 200 days as their half of the cap.  MR20 is at 100 days.  I'm not sure if that's going to be too short for the grind, or if that's just right.

The other problem that we're going to run head first into with the increased cap is actually getting to the cap is not going to be much fun, due to current focus acquisition methods.

MR   Cap
1 | 50,000
2 | 100,000
3 | 150,000
4 | 200,000
5 | 250,000
6 | 300,000
7 | 350,000
8 | 400,000
9 | 450,000
10 | 500,000
11 | 550,000
12 | 600,000
13 | 650,000
14 | 700,000
15 | 750,000
16 | 800,000
17 | 850,000
18 | 900,000
19 | 950,000
20 | 1,000,000
21 | 1,050,000
22 | 1,100,000
23 | 1,150,000
24 | 1,200,000
25 | 1,250,000

its better and players can have a choice how much they want , by increasing a cap, we do more point instead doing everyday, not all players doing it everyday include, 

if the cap is low it makes players doing it everyday without doing other mission, then off and repeat everyday, but with high cap, players can do atleast once per week, even i did 1-3x per year, cos i knew how it feels if always doing focus farming everyday  like everyday hero no life in game, 

1 hour ago, Ohforf3 said:

We don't need a higher cap.  We need a way of earning focus that makes it easier for people to reach the cap without a dedicated farm build.  2 hour farm to reach the daily cap when you have 3-4 hours to play each day makes it so you can't enjoy the rest of the game.

no matter how fast farming is, is still unworthy even with booster. 250k aka unlocking 1 ability per tree. dont wanna repeat about it u can scroll up. ok dont increase CAP but

DECREASE focus requirement all rank by rank, rank 1 50k, rank 2 50k, rank 3 50k rank 4 50k last rank 50k only to unlock, done

1 hour ago, Nation_X said:

The reason there is a cap is so that people do not rush through the trees and not pull too far ahead of everyone else. The caps would work if the daily limits were achievable just by playing the game but they are not and thats what is inherently bad with the focus system at present.

already answered before u, its not about who gonna rush or not, it also for a players life of game, again not everyone play games 24/7. 

1 hour ago, Mattoropael said:

The problem isn't with the focus cap, the convergence orbs and the general lack of focus through normal gameplay, or the school capacity system. It is all of them. At once.

The orbs should be nuked and base focus gain massively boosted to make realistic gains required to unlock focus actually realistically possible; the focus cap should be raised or nuked entirely to make the overall grind not as ridiculous as it is right now even with players hitting the 250k cap every single day; the capacity system needs to be nuked for the exact reason you mentioned.

You need all of these, because you can't claim to have fixed the focus system while leaving these glaringly massive flaws in place.

You also need passive focus generation for current active school REGARDLESS if your warframe and weapons are maxed out.

So if I'm spending many sessions formaing several weapons and a warframe through 4-5 forma, there's going to be a large chunk of that time where my focus generation isn't going to be very much - which just feels bad.

11 minutes ago, --XanTerra-Alexandria-- said:

already answered before u, its not about who gonna rush or not, it also for a players life of game, again not everyone play games 24/7. 

Nor is everyone like you who, as you put it, only gets serious once in a year. Many players come online 3 times a week or do and are just fine with the cap as it is, you know why? Because with them only playing a few times a week they aren't progressing at a pace that requires a higher cap. The fair majority of most games out there have their core game population be players that are neither on every day nor those that are on once a week. It's mostly those who play a few times a week. If you want to surpass your cap as it is now then use the method they already introduced to do just that and capture the eidolon. They do not need to raise the cap just for the people that feel they need to rush content when they are also only on a few hours a week. Raising the cap even with MR would do nothing more than make more complaining from the daily players not having anything to do, yet again, because their rush through content was not slowed down, than you would be replacing from the ones that feel the need to rush when realistically with how much they play weekly is unbalanced with everything else they have to do in the game.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

250k is completely fine. As said, it's already hard enough to even farm it (we don't play 24/7 after all). Problem is not cap here, it's amount of focus you need and lack of efficient farming. Crying because there's 'too low' cap solves nothing.

If something truly needs to change it's this:

1. Amount of focus that you need (since it's unbalanced as hell right now)

2. Way to more effectively farm focus (farming 250k is so much work it will make you nervous and angry each time you play solely for farming it)

Edited by CoreXCZ

24 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Nor is everyone like you who, as you put it, only gets serious once in a year. Many players come online 3 times a week or do and are just fine with the cap as it is, you know why? Because with them only playing a few times a week they aren't progressing at a pace that requires a higher cap. The fair majority of most games out there have their core game population be players that are neither on every day nor those that are on once a week. It's mostly those who play a few times a week. If you want to surpass your cap as it is now then use the method they already introduced to do just that and capture the eidolon. They do not need to raise the cap just for the people that feel they need to rush content when they are also only on a few hours a week. Raising the cap even with MR would do nothing more than make more complaining from the daily players not having anything to do, yet again, because their rush through content was not slowed down, than you would be replacing from the ones that feel the need to rush when realistically with how much they play weekly is unbalanced with everything else they have to do in the game.

once in a year it was 2.0, bcos thats is enough already for me even not all unlocking, but now 2.0 sounds diff, especially zenurik energy regeneration, and thats the atleast before 2.0, and nor everyones like you too, and i dont mean everyones like me, i met diff ppl diff players and asked them before made this thread. and yes in my case after 2.0 i start farming it not just me my friend and other seems realize something, why should i explain this? someone like you will nvr understand, lmao

up to you cap eidolon or else what you see, you can get so amny poitn you want go ahead, but cap is maxed no use, still cap 250k useless. you too  obvious

simple if you dont want to max your focus dont do it , if you afraid of getting point fast than do as 250k cap perday, done end story,

by increasing cap where people can make a CHOICES instead feel like being CHAINED.

do you think the higher the cap the lowest the grinding? NO! it more GRIND. but it can give people CHOICES depend on want they wants and needs. 

if u like doing it 250k per day , fine do it, some or few doing it once for whole and left after few  weeks month or year. it depend  

Agree to disagree. Disagree to agree

CAP need to be Increased

Edited by --XanTerra-Alexandria--

Cap can stay, Node Cost, Acquisition rate earned passively, Capacity system those all need to change or removed entirely.

I don't see a point in having even 250k daily cap for something that, realistically, you won't hit unless you focus specifically on it. This was 'fine' when it was something for endgame players to do, but Operators are becoming more required to do things in the game. Want Kuva? Need an Operator. Want to fight Eidolons? Need an Operator. Want to do these activities without dying the moment you step out of your Warframe? Need Focus.

And they can hardly consider Kuva Siphons and Teralysts endgame aspects of the game, they're maybe mid-tier(I mean the Lens start being earnable at Tier 3, the Mid-Tier Bounty for goodness sake).

Passive Focus gain needs to be increased and/or Node Cost needs to be decreased. 

Capacity is pointless when you're already capped how much a person can earn, why punish people capping by forcing them to Waste Focus on this? Pick either a Daily Cap OR a Resource burn, not BOTH. 

Convergence Orb Needs To Die. Nothing screams bad design the making a system in which your players actively abandon an objective to just earn what should be the Default Rate of Acquisition for a stat resource. Think about it, people stop killing, stop defending, to chase a silly little orb that can(And has) spawned on the complete opposite side of the map for a 5-10% Focus Acquisition rate instead of the .5-1%.

4 minutes ago, --XanTerra-Alexandria-- said:

once in a year it was 2.0, bcos thats is enough already for me even not all unlocking, but now 2.0 sounds diff, especially zenurik energy regeneration, and thats the atleast before 2.0, and nor everyones like you too, and i dont mean everyones like me, i met diff ppl diff players and asked them before made this thread. and yes in my case after 2.0 i start farming it not just me my friend and other seems realize something, why should i explain this? someone like you will nvr understand, lmao

up to you cap eidolon or else what you see, you can get so amny poitn you want go ahead, but cap is maxed no use, still cap 250k useless. you too  obvious

simple if you dont want to max your focus dont do it , if you afraid of getting point fast than do as 250k cap perday, done end story,

by increasing cap where people can make a CHOICES instead feel like being CHAINED.

do you think the higher the cap the lowest the grinding? NO! it more GRIND. but it can give people CHOICES depend on want they wants and needs. 

if u like doing it 250k per day , fine do it, some or few doing it once for whole and left after few  weeks month or year. it depend  

Agree to disagree. Disagree to agree

CAP need to be Increased

Given to fact entire update is out for very short time so far, it's amazing how crazed you can get over Focus 2.0 in such short time. If it was this bad for month, I would have understood people will get angry and crazy. Plains of Eidolon changed many things, Focus is only one of those things and especially Cetus and Plains are something DE decided to risk and see how will people perceive it. You're not helping by posting unreasonable suggestions here. You want cap to be way more bigger? Who's so crazy to farm focus nonstop? Do you know how boring and slow process it is right now?

My suggestion:

Give DE time cause that's what they need right now. This update was biggest one this game ever had so far and it will take time to adjust things to some reasonable values, especially since it changed very core of game, even game engine was surely heavily modified. Yeah, our experience with DE and grind is not good, it's increasing way more than decreasing. I don't know how long you play but I began during U7, I've seen this game evolve entire time and each game needs time to develop and polish to point where there's minimum issues. I understand devs a bit, I am dev myself but not profi like ones DE employs, I do 2D games in my free time so I know how much stress and difficulties can even coordinated team have. So give it time, stop this bandwagon cause nothing will change overnight.