Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 11 test

Yperkeimenos

Summary so far.

So, Rhino targets give 3 seconds only. Zephyr gives 3.5 seconds.

the following targets have not given time:

1st target, 3rd, 4th and 5th target.

elevator sometimes forces you off it even from center.

map fall causes never ending refresh of falling

falling around elevator causes it to go as you spawn unable to catch it 

reaching end as it goes from 1 second to 0 is a fail

3rd orb doesn’t always spawn.

I learned double jump is how I can pass the first two jump ups but it’s slower. I was doing bullet which did not work for me. Out of 6 tries I made it to the end 3 times, once failed at end of timer, two fails we’re ran out of time. Once was orbs failing to spawn. 

Edited by (XB1)PhylumT
Fixed error

32 minutes ago, (XB1)PhylumT said:

Summary so far.

So, Rhino targets give 3 seconds only. Zephyr gives 3.5 seconds.

the following targets have not given time:

1st target, 3rd, 4th and 5th target.

elevator sometimes forces you off it even from center.

map fall causes never ending refresh of falling

falling around elevator causes it to go as you spawn unable to catch it 

reaching end as it goes from 1 second to 0 is a fail

3rd orb doesn’t always spawn.

I learned double jump is how I can pass the first two jump ups but it’s slower. I was doing bullet which did not work for me. Out of 6 tries I made it to the end 3 times, once failed at end of timer, two fails we’re ran out of time. Once was orbs failing to spawn. 

Use Bullet-time and dodge-roll to control your descent, don't think different warframes give different extra times either, I also haven't experienced any of those bugs, I recommend you optimize your cache every update.

22 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

Wow, I was wondering what test you guys were talking about, so I went and did it, I remembered it being difficult but I was able to do it with 50 seconds spare on my first try.

I was playing WF since early beta till late 2015. Then come back in November 2017.

Maybe this test played differently when you passed it.

Maybe you are skilled in jumping.

I never had issues passing any WF MR test till MR11, I repeated this test dozens times a day until I passed it. Not because I could jump based on what I see.

Because I had to memorize jump sequence - when to double jump, when bulletjump, when to glide and so on.

And yes, passing this test was very frustrating to me. But I learned to better control my jumping, a little.

9 minutes ago, Peetroolkah said:

I was playing WF since early beta till late 2015. Then come back in November 2017.

Maybe this test played differently when you passed it.

Maybe you are skilled in jumping.

I never had issues passing any WF MR test till MR11, I repeated this test dozens times a day until I passed it. Not because I could jump based on what I see.

Because I had to memorize jump sequence - when to double jump, when bulletjump, when to glide and so on.

And yes, passing this test was very frustrating to me. But I learned to better control my jumping, a little.

I'm pretty certain this was the same test I took when I first passed it, except we didn't have parkour 2.0 then, and that was hell.

edit: looked into it, it was a similar test, but slightly different, at the end, there was this huge slide that you had to take while shooting targets without having control of your movement

it was like this:(even though in this video it still has parkour 2.0

Spoiler

Edited by Dwolfknight

1 hour ago, Dwolfknight said:

Use Bullet-time and dodge-roll to control your descent, don't think different warframes give different extra times either, I also haven't experienced any of those bugs, I recommend you optimize your cache every update.

I will look at it being a cache issue, see if I can’t clear that. 

Different frames do “Show” different times, I can’t say it actually gives .5 seconds but zephyr and Titania shows giving 3.5 seconds and rhino shows 3

seconds. Sorry they don’t allow screenshots or I would post the images. Thanks for the cache info I’ll try and see if it helps with bugginess.

9 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

don't worry 12 is pretty easy, just follow behind the lasers

Every single MR test after 11 was piece of cake compared. MR19 BN is next tricky test. I passed every single test between 12 and 18 in single attempt. 

So far only bMR11 was a difficulty spike.

Bullet jump and aim glide give you a great degree of control in the air (compared to just regular jumping).  Sprinting speed is not going to make a big difference, spend more time in the air and shoot stuff while aim-gliding.  Don't forget the object is to get to the end, not to shoot all the targets, so focus on moving fast (i.e. bullet jumping) and don't get hung up on shooting everything; the faster you move through the course, the fewer targets you need to hit to beat the timer.  

4 minutes ago, Tuoweit said:

Bullet jump and aim glide give you a great degree of control in the air (compared to just regular jumping).  Sprinting speed is not going to make a big difference, spend more time in the air and shoot stuff while aim-gliding.  Don't forget the object is to get to the end, not to shoot all the targets, so focus on moving fast (i.e. bullet jumping) and don't get hung up on shooting everything; the faster you move through the course, the fewer targets you need to hit to beat the timer.  

I'll try using that strategy... Wish me luck 

On 10/24/2017 at 1:26 PM, Yperkeimenos said:

Hi all this is my feedback on Mastery level 11 test............it's very difficult.

If you can't pass the test, change the warframe and/or weapons.  It really is that simple.

It's the same advice with an event.  If a player keeps failing, change the tactics.

Good luck.

I guess im just good at parkour, because when i first did this challenge (after two practices to be sure) i finished it with around 40 extra seconds left. I just brought my quanta so i could shoot all the orbs instantly without really aiming, and used nova P just for her extra mobility. And not once when i practiced it did it seem to difficult, maybe thats just me, but i have just over 800 hours in warframe (with around 450 in mission time i think) and im only rank 12. So it could be that iv just been around for a while, but either way, bring a beam weapon with good range like the quanta if you got one, and use a frame with high mobility like loki or something.

and i also finished the test without falling off once and hitting all the targets on the path i took, since they get oneshot its not to bad to knock them out with a fast firing gun.

Edited by FireStar435

6 minutes ago, FireStar435 said:

I guess im just good at parkour, because when i first did this challenge (after two practices to be sure) i finished it with around 40 extra seconds left. I just brought my quanta so i could shoot all the orbs instantly without really aiming, and used nova P just for her extra mobility. And not once when i practiced it did it seem to difficult, maybe thats just me, but i have just over 800 hours in warframe (with around 450 in mission time i think) and im only rank 12. So it could be that iv just been around for a while, but either way, bring a beam weapon with good range like the quanta if you got one, and use a frame with high mobility like loki or something.

and i also finished the test without falling off once and hitting all the targets on the path i took, since they get oneshot its not to bad to knock them out with a fast firing gun.

Guess it's official then...i just suck cause I am now at 26+ fails 0 successes switched frames between the four I have switched between the assault rifles I have and nada...closest I ever got was to the platform before the elevator sequence with 2 seconds left and no orbs... once again i just wanna reiterate I FN HATE THIS TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, (XB1)The Mizuku 1993 said:

Guess it's official then...i just suck cause I am now at 26+ fails 0 successes switched frames between the four I have switched between the assault rifles I have and nada...closest I ever got was to the platform before the elevator sequence with 2 seconds left and no orbs... once again i just wanna reiterate I FN HATE THIS TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming you're not actually having trouble hitting things (which would have caused problems long before MR11), I can only guess that you are having trouble with the bullet jump technique. 

I know I didn't really learn how to use it properly until I had been playing for several months (possibly after MR11 - I seem to remember also trying to get all the jumps down and remembering where I needed to double-jump and such) - I thought it could only be used going straight forward along the ground (which made me think it was pretty situational), but you can bullet jump in whatever direction you happen to be looking in - you can even bullet-jump in mid-air during a regular jump.  It's much superior to normal jumping (or anything else) for getting around quickly.  Check out the video I posted above, if you can get the bullet-jumping down you should be able to beat this test.

(Disclaimer:  I play on PC with mouse/keyboard, I have no idea how easy/hard bullet-jumping is with an XBox controller.)

I am also currently stuck at MR 11 Test - just found this thread. It's nice to know it's not just me!  

I have learned to bullet jump now, so that's a win, and there's YouTube to watch and the practice place at the Relay - it sucks that I can't turn the timer off for the practice runs, I'd get some confidence from practicing the full course, I'm sure. Also, when you're doing as poorly as I am, it seems like I spend more time in loading screens before and after than time practicing - adding insult to injury!

Also I have to agree with the original poster, having one try per day is unnecessarily frustrating. All of the trials would be much friendlier with at least 2 tries per day... but on the other hand, Tenno Warriors should have the thick skin and discipline, etc. yada, yada, yada...

Oh, and I'll be running my Ash with Armored Agility and using an Ignis Wraith as I continue to practice...

@Yperkeimenos Congrats!

Edited by Canach

21 hours ago, (XB1)The Mizuku 1993 said:

Don't have her... Using Lvl 23Nyx:1.59 sprint speed ,Max Rank Soma , Lvl 21 Aksomati, Lvl 14 Okina...

Do the Silver Grove quest to get her or just buy her with plat  Seriously,  I'm MR 22 and I'm still not the greatest with Parkour and Bullet Gliding, but Titania make the MR 11 test trivial once I leveled her and used her 4 just to fly through the entire course

Edited by (XB1)Soulchilde