Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 11 test

Yperkeimenos

Hi all this is my feedback on Mastery level 11 test............it's very difficult. I simply cannot pass it and it's unfair that i only get one try per day, at least if there where three tries per run i might had a chance, but now as is, i have none. A terrible way of torturing less skilled players in favour of hard core ones who want harder and harder challenges.

It used to be harder,  when the orbs were white instead of red so harder to spot and the maze section didn't have arrows guiding you and there was no option to practice beforehand...

My advice is get a frame you are comfortable with the speed of, you want to be fast but not so fast that you make a mistake and over-jump, then get yourself an Ignis so you don't have to worry too much about aiming, mod it for magazine capacity and reload speed since you don't care about how much damage you are doing during the test but need to be able to fire a lot and spend as little time as possible relaoding and thus unable to fire.

1 hour ago, Nakrast said:

Those tests are meant to check your skills, if you do not meet the requirements, then you won't pass.
So, git gud, Tenno. (like everyone else had to, to pass the tests)

Actually i wouldn't bet on that, perhaps they're there for something more than just to test your skills. Simply because other players passed this test doesn't mean it should be hard. Anyway all i'm asking for is three tries per run instead of one per day. I find this to be very unfair............loose once and you'll have to wait a day. That's a very long time in both game and real time terms.

Edited by Yperkeimenos
syntax and grammar corrections

7 hours ago, Yperkeimenos said:

Anyway all i'm asking for is three tries per run instead of one per day. I find this to be very unfair............loose once and you'll have to wait a day. That's a very long time in both game and real time terms.

like @tyroney said, Simaris' sanctuary gives you access to infinite trial runs of the test you need to take.

18 hours ago, Burned-Toast said:

like @tyroney said, Simaris' sanctuary gives you access to infinite trial runs of the test you need to take.

Well you see it's one thing to do a trial run and an entirely different thing to do the actual run where failure means having to wait one whole day. I can sometimes pass the test in practice mode but when the actual test begins,where there is risk on the line, it becomes twice as difficult. So like i said earlier having three tries per run instead of one per day would be a nice solution.

I just passed this and my advice is to take the practice test at least 5 times or as many as you need until you can breeze through it without failing multiple times in a row.

Use a fast character. I chose Loki and used Rush and Sprint Speed aura. Use a fast accurate weapon with a big clip like Soma. That's pretty much it. Just keep playing the practice test until you can ace it. I started out thinking I would never beat it and ended up with 20 seconds to spare each run after practicing for a bit. Don't take the actual test until you're ready. There's no point, it's just going to waste your time.

Edited by (XB1)julianwelton

4 hours ago, Yperkeimenos said:

Well you see it's one thing to do a trial run and an entirely different thing to do the actual run where failure means having to wait one whole day. I can sometimes pass the test in practice mode but when the actual test begins,where there is risk on the line, it becomes twice as difficult. So like i said earlier having three tries per run instead of one per day would be a nice solution.

Keep running the practice test until you can ace it with time to spare. Read my reply above for other tips.

practice the tests before you take them. go to the relay talk to simaris. there are many things that can help mods for example speed mods like rush hit scan weapons like soma. this is a test of skill so practice and you will improve. mario taught us if you fail try try again. vets are vets because they never give up not becuase they are naturally good.

On 10/24/2017 at 10:26 AM, Yperkeimenos said:

Hi all this is my feedback on Mastery level 11 test............it's very difficult. I simply cannot pass it and it's unfair that i only get one try per day, at least if there where three tries per run i might had a chance, but now as is, i have none. A terrible way of torturing less skilled players in favour of hard core ones who want harder and harder challenges.

It’s probably the most difficult Test in the game right now. You can easily make the test easier if you use Titania or Zephyr. This allows you to skip over an area that would usually be in the air and slowly comes down. Titania also makes it really easy with her Dex Pixia.

1 hour ago, Yperkeimenos said:

Ty all for the replies, finally made it, however my first proposal for three tries per run instead of one per day,still stands. It doesn't have to be that hard, especially when it's a low to mid level Mastery rank.

Past mastery rank tests gave you all the tools to go through his one without too much an issue.

Practice vs actual run scenario may not be the same but practice (infinite tries) can and will kill/ minimize the "skill gap" with perseverance to the point where you won't feel daunted by the challenge and ask for unnecessary tweak to systems that isn't broken.

Nonetheless, gratz on finally passing the test. 

• 1 month later...

So far I was able to pass all tests in single attempt. I failed test 11 more than ten times, and failed every single of about 30 tries in test mode. I am not happy to have insane 1980s arcade (note I could beat most of very hard arcade games in late 1980s I know what I am talking about) difficulty in Warframe. I really, really HATE mastery rank 11 test.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2017 at 12:51 PM, Yperkeimenos said:

Actually i wouldn't bet on that, perhaps they're there for something more than just to test your skills. Simply because other players passed this test doesn't mean it should be hard. Anyway all i'm asking for is three tries per run instead of one per day. I find this to be very unfair............loose once and you'll have to wait a day. That's a very long time in both game and real time terms.

Actually, they *are* meant to test your skills. Lotus even says it. Tbh, I wish they were harder later on... after that one, they're pretty easy imo. The hardest one is MR19, but it's easy if you remember the mob patrol patterns. 

So please, just git gud. This game is actually supposed to require some skill, but they've been dumbifying it somewhat lately. 

19 hours ago, Peetroolkah said:

I am eligible to MR16 test and I admit that MR11 was difficulty spike for me that made me master BulletJump. Tests 12-16 were MUCH easier for me.

Yeah, it was a hard spike for me too, but it's really not that bad. I actually liked harder tests more than easy ones.  I wish more missions in the game required more skill/ had more diffficulty like these tests. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

It is the hardest test between MR0 and MR18 (I don't know about past that; it could be hardest test in the game for all I know); the only thing I can recommend is to practice it in the Cephalon Simaris relay until you can beat it 9 out of 10 times. Also, watch the wiki video and get a handle on the final little maze -- there's one false turn that can kill your time if you're running at the edge. 

However, you do have time to stop and aim some of your jumps as long as you're hitting the spheres -- this can save you from overshooting or falling short of a platform at a clutch moment. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

On 10/24/2017 at 3:51 PM, Yperkeimenos said:

Anyway all i'm asking for is three tries per run instead of one per day.

I agree with that, but then I stopped taking the MR tests a long time ago. I accidentally passed MR9 using it as a way to test Kestrel, a weapon a lot of people think is crap, but which I love. I got carried away and actually finished the test, it was, and will remain my last for a long time. These do not test skills, they test whether you can pass an out of context test in an unfamiliar and visually depthless environment. 

I would agree that the MR 11 test has been so far the worst test I've had to do. A lot of the advice above is reasonable -- big clip fast reload gun to spray down orbs for time (I used the kohm), a buffed run speed on your frame was also helpful. I also watched a couple of youtube videos just to help guide me. If I were to level one real complaint at a number of the mastery rank tests, it would be that there is a distinct lack of contrast between what is the workable area and what is just empty space disguised as platforms. For my MR 19 I found myself messing with the contrast and gamma to distinguish between what was an actual wall and what was just empty space. That made a difference spotting things, but it's not something I should have to do.

I will warn you though, there will always seem to be those who will respond with "LOL!1! that was so easy ... ". I choose to ignore them as much as I can and if I really bump into problems, do a bit of research. 

• 2 months later...

Mastery Rank 11 -

mastery ranking is my least favorite part of the game, without doing it you can’t advance so you are forced into it. Tests like rank 11 have. Number of issues for me...

1) visual- I have a difficult time seeing the path and the platforms, all the screen looks the same to me and it takes time for me to see the objects. It all looks just like open space. Not everyone is a kid with good eyesight.

2) targets require damage vs just hitting. So I lose time trying to see the platforms then I have to damage the targets not just hit them.

3) falling = failure, and in the practice test why do you force people through the loading screens?! That adds so much time to practice over and over, it’s not a mission so the mission aspect is ridiculous.

4) timer- having a timer helps you see how long you get through it, but after a dozen attempts I finally made the third jump then don’t know what is after because I run out of time.

i wish you could provide some different screen to darken the path or the surroundings because it’s hard for at least me to see anything, and the practice test should be around “practice” not mission style.