Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 11 test

Yperkeimenos

On 10/24/2017 at 1:26 PM, Yperkeimenos said:

Hi all this is my feedback on Mastery level 11 test............it's very difficult. I simply cannot pass it and it's unfair that i only get one try per day, at least if there where three tries per run i might had a chance, but now as is, i have none. A terrible way of torturing less skilled players in favour of hard core ones who want harder and harder challenges.

Use a weapon with a generous magazine and decent accuracy. (Or a Latron with Fast Hands and Magazine Warp.) So long as you pace yourself, you'll be fine.

Wow, i'm really surprised that after months since i made this post,it's still alive and kicking. I guess this shows just how much of an issue ,the difficulty level, of some Mastery rank tests, really is for the community. Even after all this time and despite the fact that i'm almost MR 18 now ,i still remain firm in my belief  that three tries per run, instead of one per day ,is the way to go especially for the low to mid Mastery Rank range.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

On 24/04/2018 at 2:44 PM, (XB1)Soulchilde said:

Do the Silver Grove quest to get her or just buy her with plat  Seriously,  I'm MR 22 and I'm still not the greatest with Parkour and Bullet Gliding, but Titania make the MR 11 test trivial once I leveled her and used her 4 just to fly through the entire course

I did the Silver Grove quest for exactly this reason to get Titania having seen someone using her I to pass MR 11.  My parkour skills are passable, but the added pressure of the timer and knowing that failing means another day has to pass made me more error prone.  Finding the best frame to complete a few of the MR tests has motivated me to get several frames I probably wouldn't yet have.  Also, I don't see using a frames abilities to overcome a challenge as cheesing, since that's pretty much what the whole game is about.   And DE could just block us using abilities for the test if they didn't want us to use them.

• 2 months later...
On 2018-04-27 at 8:17 AM, (XB1)daxus said:

And DE could just block us using abilities for the test if they didn't want us to use them.

DE decided to block abilities for certain MR tests. MR18 is just an example, as using Loki stealth would make this test super easy, but they decided to disable WF powers and FORCE players to understand enemy FOV mechanics. It literally forces you to learn some basics!

• 1 month later...

3 months trying and failing this test. I do not have the keyboard skills to accomplish the parkour tests. MR8 I think was the first parkour test. That took me 6 weeks to pass.

Practicing over and over doesn't help me with this one. 

I have no problems with the concept of mastery tests but have to admit that I will be MR 10 for the rest of the time that I play this game.

I fail miserably in the parkour rooms in the void so I don't even bother with them any more. Basically, as a one finger typist parkour requires keyboard skills that I will not ever have.

Edited by Grumps1963
fix spelling

• 3 weeks later...

I'm right there with you, but I have lost track of how long I have been at ten. I also lost track of when I stopped practicing and simply went back to being happy playing. I have enough xp to jump from ten to somewhere like fifteen or or seventeen I think...

You guys for real? Guys it doesn't have to be this way. 

Spoiler

Just put on Titania, strip off most mods not meant to boost your duration, efficiency and max energy, and fly through it. That should ensure that you have energy to burn. 

Like seriously. You should have lots of time. No need to rush. Just shoot the targets as you drift through. Practice a couple of times so you're familiar with course. 

We have a game that allows us to choose how we want to do things. Sometimes that means choosing the right tool for the job given our individual abilities. Play smarter, instead of harder. 😉

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You guys for real? Guys it doesn't have to be this way. 

Hide contents

Just put on Titania, strip off most mods not meant to boost your duration, efficiency and max energy, and fly through it. That should ensure that you have energy to burn. 

Like seriously. You should have lots of time. No need to rush. Just shoot the targets as you drift through. Practice a couple of times so you're familiar with course. 

We have a game that allows us to choose how we want to do things. Sometimes that means choosing the right tool for the job given our individual abilities. Play smarter, instead of harder. 😉

I did that, still cant see. But that was the only way I made any progress, I can see the things you shoot but get lost once I run out of them.I have Arca Plasmor, I have yet to encounter something I cannot kill so MR now means little to me other than a stressful lack of fun.To me that is playing smart, if they want a puzzle that people cant finish let them have it but Im no longer screwing with this puzzle, I have more fun things to do like dojo building and running amok helping new people survive in places like Mot.

On 2017-10-24 at 8:19 PM, Nakrast said:

Those tests are meant to check your skills, if you do not meet the requirements, then you won't pass.
So, git gud, Tenno. (like everyone else had to, to pass the tests)

Kind of defeats the purpose when the tests are easier with some frames/weapons than with others. So they aren't actually testing your overall skills, they are testing your skills with <insert frame here> or <insert weapon here>. It also makes no sense that you can only retry once every 24 hours. There is literally no reason for it to be like that. And there is nothing stopping people from getting their friends or family members to do the tests for them. So I don't really see the purpose of these tests. If they wanted to keep it fair they would have the tests provide the frame and weapons that you use. That way it would be completely even. Instead of the current system where your success depends more on what frames/weapons you have access to and less on your actual skill.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Dead_End895 said:

Kind of defeats the purpose when the tests are easier with some frames/weapons than with others. So they aren't actually testing your overall skills, they are testing your skills with <insert frame here> or <insert weapon here>. It also makes no sense that you can only retry once every 24 hours. There is literally no reason for it to be like that. And there is nothing stopping people from getting their friends or family members to do the tests for them. So I don't really see the purpose of these tests. If they wanted to keep it fair they would have the tests provide the frame and weapons that you use. That way it would be completely even. Instead of the current system where your success depends more on what frames/weapons you have access to and less on your actual skill.

1) Did you know that that particular post was from last year

2) Think about the tests as a measure of your ability to overcome specific challenges. Yes, someone who is skilled in a particular area might be able to ace that particular test without any significant difficulties. But someone who can think about what is required, and what tools will make that job easier, is also displaying that they can overcome the challenge. 

Let's face it, you're in a defense/mobile defense mission and you see frost show up, you can usually count on the objective being protected. You see a Wukong... Maybe not so much. 

But if you're in a radiation hazard sortie and you see someone sporting an atterax, or an omg-I-has-a-nuke-the-map-button type frame you can usually count on that person making it hard for the whole team. An Oberon, might be a huge benefit. 

Knowing the tools and when to use them is a very important skill. 

Go with an Hex full power. You don't have to be accurated because just one hitting pellet will strike the red balls. Run the test 3 or 4 times to remember the beginning and the timing of the jump to the maze, don't forget that the last part can be done with a big flying jump and it's ok, you will clear it on the first try with a random frame. :lotus:

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

As others have already said: in its current state these MR tests just aren't fun at all. In fact they actually suck all the fun out of the game. To make matters even worse the nonsensical 24 hour waiting period that is forced on you if you fail the test makes the MR tests extremely stress inducing. And not in a good way. The game punishes you for not acing these tests on your first run by locking you out for 24 hours when you fail. What kind of BS is that?

And, once again, as others have stated, some of the MR tests, (like the rank 11 test), make it very difficult for a lot of people to see where they are actually supposed to go. The colors of the environment in these MR tests are just wrong on so many levels. They completely screw with your eyes. I for one can't get past MR test 11 because I can't tell where the hell the damn platforms are that you are supposed to jump to in the beginning of the test. I don't even want to try these tests any more because I know I can't instantly retry them if I fail. The 24 hour waiting period upon failure is extremely off-putting. And the colors of the environment in the MR tests is stupid, because none of the maps in the actual game look like that. DE needs to A) remove the 24 hour waiting period for failing a MR test, and B) change the colors of the environment in the MR tests, because the current colors really screw around with your vision. And I'm playing on a HDTV that was properly calibrated by a paid professional, and I still can't tell what's going on in those MR tests.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Dead_End895 said:

As others have already said: in its current state these MR tests just aren't fun at all. In fact they actually suck all the fun out of the game. To make matters even worse the nonsensical 24 hour waiting period that is forced on you if you fail the test makes the MR tests extremely stress inducing. And not in a good way. The game punishes you for not acing these tests on your first run by locking you out for 24 hours when you fail. What kind of BS is that?

The same kind of BS as what people say about how onerous it is because they keep missing the notification telling them that they can practice in the relays before doing the test?

On 2017-10-25 at 6:26 AM, Yperkeimenos said:

Hi all this is my feedback on Mastery level 11 test............it's very difficult. I simply cannot pass it and it's unfair that i only get one try per day, at least if there where three tries per run i might had a chance, but now as is, i have none. A terrible way of torturing less skilled players in favour of hard core ones who want harder and harder challenges.

remember, go to the Semaris in the relay and run the test as a practice until you get it right.

when your confident in passing in practice, try to qualify. 

this is what i do for all tests. i always run practice first until i pass it at least 3 times. thats why the practice is there.

6 minutes ago, Gizardpuke said:

remember, go to the Semaris in the relay and run the test as a practice until you get it right.

when your confident in passing in practice, try to qualify. 

this is what i do for all tests. i always run practice first until i pass it at least 3 times. thats why the practice is there.

Last year was 2017. That post is ancient.