Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 11 test

Yperkeimenos

On 10/24/2017 at 2:19 PM, Nakrast said:

Those tests are meant to check your skills, if you do not meet the requirements, then you won't pass.
So, git gud, Tenno. (like everyone else had to, to pass the tests)

Test your skills for... what exactly? What part of the actual game has you platform jumping like mecha-Mario while skeet shooting random garbage? Nothing. You're having inapplicable skills being tested for no reason other than to be annoying.

It'd be like if your drivers test required you to do trigonometry while playing darts because... hey, why the hell not.

It's stupid and pointless and makes less sense than penguin in pyjamas.

On 4/8/2018 at 1:30 PM, (XB1)PhylumT said:

i wish you could provide some different screen to darken the path or the surroundings because it’s hard for at least me to see anything, and the practice test should be around “practice” not mission style. 

I agree with everything you just said, especially the end part. Having the tests in a normal mission map instead of featureless flat land would make a lot of sense. Im at MR 10 with 625,268xp and the only reason now that I can think of to ever do another one of these tests is I want more loadout slots, I bought the maximum allowed and now I have to do these tests to organize my stuff., THAT sucks and it isn't going to happen.

I've been stuck on this POS test for about 2 weeks.

1/2 the orbs don't contribute any time, praticing doesn't do you any good when you still can't get past the first 30 seconds of this awful awful test.

On 10/25/2017 at 6:26 AM, Yperkeimenos said:

Hi all this is my feedback on Mastery level 11 test............it's very difficult. I simply cannot pass it and it's unfair that i only get one try per day, at least if there where three tries per run i might had a chance, but now as is, i have none. A terrible way of torturing less skilled players in favour of hard core ones who want harder and harder challenges.

Much of what i have to add has already been said, but i’ll put it here in one place.

That test, along with many others, has already been toned down quite a lot from what it used to be.

You can now practice each test as much as you want in the relays before trying them for real.

Your skill will increase as you practice and strive to pass the test.  Practice makes perfect, most games are like this.

You can always resort to share play and have someone else complete the test for you (if your internet is good enough).  You could also lend your login details to someone you REALLY trust to do it for you, but in most situations i would strongly not recommend that.

you can watch youtube videos that can help you with strategy, technique and loadouts.

Given all that i would add that for those that fail a test at least 20 times, maybe DE should implement something to help players get past it, be it more time, slower enemies, etc etc.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

You can always resort to share play and have someone else complete the test for you (if your internet is good enough).  You could also lend your login details to someone you REALLY trust to do it for you, but in most situations i would strongly not recommend that.

That is actually directly against the Terms of Service and doing so will get the accounts of any involved persons suspended under the best of circumstances.

As a rule any kind of account sharing is forbidden in somewhere near 100% of online games.

1 hour ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

That is actually directly against the Terms of Service and doing so will get the accounts of any involved persons suspended under the best of circumstances.

As a rule any kind of account sharing is forbidden in somewhere near 100% of online games.

I’m aware of that, one of the reasons i strongly do not recommend it, but as we know, lots of people do do this.  It is an option, and really its no different than share play (when used for the purpose of getting past a mastery rank test), which is not against the EULA.

Edit: DE will never find out about it unless someone reports you and they investigate, and once you explain via support ticket, they really won’t mind, they are not eggs about this sort of thing

Edit: Edit: They could find out by monitoring login locations, but they don’t.  I know of people in the past that shared account details so one of them could login and do an event for the other that had to be away for a work thing for a few weeks.  Neither had any issues with DE about it.  

Again I don’t fully support this option, but it is a possibility nonetheless.

Edited by (PS4)Fairfied

1 hour ago, (PS4)Gemmie12 said:

When I did my MR 11 Test, I just cheezed it with razorwing titania, nuf said

I have been doing that (and thought I was mighty clever for thinking of it) but I get lost almost instantly. I think I have managed to SEE as far as the third platform but that's it.The timer is over before I even get going in any significant way

1 hour ago, MealeaYing said:

I have been doing that (and thought I was mighty clever for thinking of it) but I get lost almost instantly. I think I have managed to SEE as far as the third platform but that's it.The timer is over before I even get going in any significant way

Because they’ve altered the test. It’s still beatable clearly, not as many who are now saying it’s so easy because they cheated it.

And I’ve done this stupid mission for hours over a few days, eventually I’ll pass it and I won’t feel accomplished I’ll still be annoyed. Nothing in these tests is relevant to the game play, have no issue with missions.

Others like these missions, and that’s cool. My only thing is, make things visually improved, and make the targets not damage based.

and for god sake remove the ship loading etc, its a practice.

Edited by (XB1)PhylumT

On 10/24/2017 at 9:26 PM, Yperkeimenos said:

Hi all this is my feedback on Mastery level 11 test............it's very difficult. I simply cannot pass it and it's unfair that i only get one try per day, at least if there where three tries per run i might had a chance, but now as is, i have none. A terrible way of torturing less skilled players in favour of hard core ones who want harder and harder challenges.

U can practice a lot before doing the test

On 4/9/2018 at 8:21 PM, (XB1)Oussii said:

U can practice a lot before doing the test

I’ve practiced probably a hundred times and in practice I can get through it but not consistently. You have to be consistent in order to pass the actual test or you fail and have to wait 24 hours. This morning in practice I passed the first run, failed the second and third, passed the fourth, fifth practice I made it to the end but it failed me as I arrived. Sixth I either over or under jumped then was done.

Really two points I have the trouble, the first jump up, I always either over jump (90%) or under  jump trying to not over jump. Then there is another platform that is angled that you have to jump to. Despite being longer it isn’t that wide and if I don’t hit the under edge I jump over it. If I get passed these two spots then the rest is a breeze.

At this point, if I could sell all my frames and quit I probably would. Rest of the game is fun, I passed every test easily till I got to 11, it’s my freaking nightmare. I’ve never enjoyed any single test though... even though they weren’t hard for me. The entire concept annoys me. Remove the ranks from the game and I’m happier. 

MR11 can be simple

• Titania
  • Don't have Titania - Zephyr
  • Dont have Zephyr - any speedy frame like loki, nova, nezha.  Dont have a speedy frame - put some speed mods on...nothing shooting you anyway

Weapon choice matters too.

AOE weapons trivialize it further - atomos, ignis - or my personal favorite for this test - Sonicor with a projectile flight speed mod and reload speed mods - no aiming at orbs required just point in the general direction.  Flight speed is important or on the elevator section the sonicor projectiles won't reach.

And lastly practice a couple of times to memorize the course.  There is PLENTY of time if you take your time.  Rushing too much and falling off the map is the biggest mistake you can make.

Just now, tucker_d_dawg said:

MR11 can be simple

• Titania
  • Don't have Titania - Zephyr
  • Dont have Zephyr - any speedy frame like loki, nova, nezha.  Dont have a speedy frame - put some speed mods on...nothing shooting you anyway

Weapon choice matters too.

AOE weapons trivialize it further - atomos, ignis - or my personal favorite for this test - Sonicor with a projectile flight speed mod and reload speed mods - no aiming at orbs required just point in the general direction.  Flight speed is important or on the elevator section the sonicor projectiles won't reach.

And lastly practice a couple of times to memorize the course.  There is PLENTY of time if you take your time.  Rushing too much and falling off the map is the biggest mistake you can make.

I’ve used Titania, Zephyr and Loki. Found changing was problematic as they are all a bit different so now sticking to zephyr because she has good jumping and landing. Using soma prime, shooting targets and ammo never an issue. I’m pretty familiar with the course I’ve literally ran it 10-15 times a day in training then the actual run for over a week and a half. I don’t think I’ll ever pass it, because as I’ve found if my inhability to run and pass more than 30%-40% isn’t the only issue it’s the bugs too. So far I’ve seen hitting targets doesn’t always give time, one run 3 in a row gave 0 time, it forced me off the elevator once, there was a run where I had lots of time and got far and the fall probably wouldn’t have been a failure but it did this never ending restart fall. Oh and if you fall around the elevator it goes even though you have not loaded completely so you get to see it going up though you’ve not jumped on it. One run I made it to the end and I arrived with 1 second but then it went to 0 and failed me.

Wow, I was wondering what test you guys were talking about, so I went and did it, I remembered it being difficult but I was able to do it with 50 seconds spare on my first try.
My tips for you:
Grab a weapon with low accuracy and high fire rate or a shotgun, the targets die in one hit, so a barrage will most certainly make it easier.
Get acclimated to the parkour system, using cheese tactics like Zephyr or Titania won't help you in the long run, but parkour will make you better in all missions with all warframes.
Find why you are having a hard time and work towards solving it.

1 hour ago, Dwolfknight said:

Wow, I was wondering what test you guys were talking about, so I went and did it, I remembered it being difficult but I was able to do it with 50 seconds spare on my first try.
My tips for you:
Grab a weapon with low accuracy and high fire rate or a shotgun, the targets die in one hit, so a barrage will most certainly make it easier.
Get acclimated to the parkour system, using cheese tactics like Zephyr or Titania won't help you in the long run, but parkour will make you better in all missions with all warframes.
Find why you are having a hard time and work towards solving it.

Not sure what you mean by cheesing. I’m just trying to run, jump and shoot. They seem the best with speed and agility. There are two main spots besides the bugs I keep encountering, and I’ve run them many times. Will keep running I suppose.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)PhylumT said:

Not sure what you mean by cheesing. I’m just trying to run, jump and shoot. They seem the best with speed and agility. There are two main spots besides the bugs I keep encountering, and I’ve run them many times. Will keep running I suppose.

I'm talking about using Razor Wing and Tailwind to skip portions of the test.

11 hours ago, (XB1)PhylumT said:

I’ve used Titania, Zephyr and Loki. Found changing was problematic as they are all a bit different so now sticking to zephyr because she has good jumping and landing. Using soma prime, shooting targets and ammo never an issue. I’m pretty familiar with the course I’ve literally ran it 10-15 times a day in training then the actual run for over a week and a half. I don’t think I’ll ever pass it, because as I’ve found if my inhability to run and pass more than 30%-40% isn’t the only issue it’s the bugs too. So far I’ve seen hitting targets doesn’t always give time, one run 3 in a row gave 0 time, it forced me off the elevator once, there was a run where I had lots of time and got far and the fall probably wouldn’t have been a failure but it did this never ending restart fall. Oh and if you fall around the elevator it goes even though you have not loaded completely so you get to see it going up though you’ve not jumped on it. One run I made it to the end and I arrived with 1 second but then it went to 0 and failed me.

Try rhino

I just did this test to see what the big fuss was about. Used Saryn Prime on a melee build with no speed mods whatsoever, and an unleveled, unformad Karak with no Catalyst and only Serration on it. I completed this test on my first try with 30 seconds remaining, and I even fell off the map once. Unless your aim is absolutely horrible or you experience some game breaking bug, I can't see how this can be difficult. It's been over a year, maybe 2 since I last did this. Idk what to tell you guys. If you're having trouble with this, it's probably a skill thing. There are also some hidden orbs when you're going through the puzzle area, try hitting those. Otherwise, this really is just a skill test.

Edit: In case you're confused about this, you don't have to shoot every orb, they simply add time. Your goal is to get to the end of the course. If you can get there without shooting a single orb, that is a victory.

Edited by Get_Singed

11 hours ago, Get_Singed said:

I just did this test to see what the big fuss was about. Used Saryn Prime on a melee build with no speed mods whatsoever, and an unleveled, unformad Karak with no Catalyst and only Serration on it. I completed this test on my first try with 30 seconds remaining, and I even fell off the map once. Unless your aim is absolutely horrible or you experience some game breaking bug, I can't see how this can be difficult. It's been over a year, maybe 2 since I last did this. Idk what to tell you guys. If you're having trouble with this, it's probably a skill thing. There are also some hidden orbs when you're going through the puzzle area, try hitting those. Otherwise, this really is just a skill test.

Edit: In case you're confused about this, you don't have to shoot every orb, they simply add time. Your goal is to get to the end of the course. If you can get there without shooting a single orb, that is a victory.

I actually do see a lot of bugs, besides the  ones I posted above I just experienced a new ones. After jumping up to the first platform that orb didn’t spawn. The fact this is buggy crap just adds another issue.