Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get standing for the Ostrons quick?

crimsonspartan1

Question

I'm trying to get quick standing for the Ostrons so I can get access to the better items and such, but i'm not entirely sure how to get quick standing.

I farmed for multiple mortus lungfishes and with help from a double resource booster and a smeeta kavat, I usually get enough to convert for like 30k standing, but after the recent update, the baits seems weaker, even though they last longer and the spawn rates or mortus lungfish seem to have decreased. 

Are there any ways to get quick standing? Or is the mortus lungfish farm still one of the most effective ways of getting standing?

I suppose I do sound like I want to rush things, but i'm usually busy most of the time, so I don't get much done, and i'm kinda behind everyone, some of which are already close to maxing out or maxed out their ostron standing and reached the highest rank.

5 answers to this question

If it wasn't for the bait to be serious broken, it would've been fishing. Now the time it takes to get the full standing for a day, its better just to do all the missions.

One did claim that with a resource booster going mining might be quite the effort, but its save and fast, you can yield pretty fast standing turning them all in.

1. Do the 5th bounty mission
  2. Stay in the plain to fish
  3. Everytime an incursion appears, do it. It's worth 800 standing
  4. Go back to fishing
  5. Repeat 3-4

The best fish to get standing right now is murkray, 500 for a small one, 1k for a large one.

Bait are easy to make aswell.

Pushing your Daily Cetus grind and making it time efficient will take some building.

You'll need to invest into some things to make the most use of your time. First off is Bounties. Not all of them but instead the last 3-4. When Bounties are on cooldown. Fish. While fishing, lean towards catching the fish which are use to make bait to catch the higher rep fish. Norg and Murkray tend to be ideal. Murkray are harder to catch than Norg but they're both day and night fish. Norg are only night fish and require the T3 Spear. If it's night and you don't have the T3 spear then Lungfish are a substitute.

Once you get set it's pretty easy to do 3 Bounties, fish and be done. If not you can do 3 bounties again and for sure be done. A lot of things in PoE are time gated so it's best to get a stock going when you can so you can ignore those gates if you want. Normally I would not recommend trading in the upper tier fish for rep but if you don't have 6 hours free to gain rep via bounties, that's what you gotta do.

A resource booster will help your gains a lot and remember the larger fish tend to be better for rep while the small are better for bait.