Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards.

VocalMagic

9 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

Need I say more as to why that isn't really similar to what a new player is staring at from the outset? What if they really like Saryn and realize that they need to login for nearly a year just to acquire the one weapon that actually makes her patchwork kit acceptable? 

If you think you need zenistar to get Saryn to her full potential then I don't think anything i say will change how you feel. I could get her to nuke rooms just fine with a sindo when I started the game.

I think this is just an issue of new players feeling jealous and alienated.

5 minutes ago, Skrewyluie said:

If you think you need zenistar to get Saryn to her full potential then I don't think anything i say will change how you feel. I could get her to nuke rooms just fine with a sindo when I started the game.

I think this is just an issue of new players feeling jealous and alienated.

There certainly is some of that, but the problem is an assuming that any problems with the system are completely restricted to that sentiment. 

I personally don't care that I'm 600 days away from a special Shield & Sword. What I do care about is what I know will happen to casual interest in the game when we start to reach 1000 days, 1500 days, etc. and the login rewards are still filling up with Primed mods.

Edited by JuicyPop

50 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

Seriously, what's stopping DE from releasing Primed Streamline, Primed Serration, Primed Hornet Strike, etc. for Day 1000? What's to say that those mods won't actually be necessary and relevant in future content with an actual end game feel?

That's easy, DE isn't dumb...so not happening. I'm inclined to think the primed mods you've mentioned should never happen (and I'm sure even Sheldon would agree)...but it's just silly to suggest DE would add stuff "necessary and relevant in future content" and lock it behind 1000 logins...you're trying to hard now.

2 hours ago, VocalMagic said:

The task has become more daunting since then.

Would you look forward to logging in if you knew you would have to start from the beginning of the login system when you got home?

Would you look forward to waiting 200 days to get what you got?

You have some serious issues if you keep playing this game looking forward a freaking login reward, seriously.

That's shrink worthy material that needs do be addressed by a professional, i'd guess something between ocd ad narcissism.

How was the 16 or 18  years wait to drive, 21 to drink? You stopped living while you waited for those real life logging rewards? :crylaugh:

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

That's easy, DE isn't dumb...so not happening. I'm inclined to think the primed mods you've mentioned should never happen (and I'm sure even Sheldon would agree)...but it's just silly to suggest DE would add stuff "necessary and relevant in future content" and lock it behind 1000 logins...you're trying to hard now.

DE is actually quite intelligent, but they often struggle to understand their audience and to make the changes that community would find to be the most favorable - universal vacuum for instance. 

I believe that they have now trapped themselves in an impossible situation. They can't revert the system because it would be turn off a large section of players who have been dutifully logging in for nearly 2 years and they can't leave it to bloat for the reasons that I've already mentioned. 

Edited by JuicyPop

10 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

You have some serious issues if you keep playing this game looking forward a freaking login reward, seriously.

That's shrink worthy material that needs do be addressed by a professional, i'd guess something between ocd ad narcissism.

How was the 16 or 18  years wait to drive, 21 to drink? You stopped living while you waited for those real life logging rewards? :crylaugh:

The difference is that everyone is waiting the same amount of time from their conception to partake in these activities. Do you think that you wouldn't have been angry that your privileged cousin was able to drive at 7 for some reason - be it status, classes, etc. - while you had to wait 9 more years?

It's a poor comparison regardless. 

Edited by JuicyPop

2 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

DE is actually quite intelligent, but they often struggle to understand their audience and to make the changes that community would find to be the most favorable - universal vacuum for instance. 

I believe that they have now trapped themselves in an impossible situation. They can't revert the system because it would be turn off a large section of players who have been dutifully logging in for nearly 2 years and they can't leave it to bloat for the reasons that I've already mentioned. 

DE understands their audience just fine, Warframe is a successful game after all. Doing what the community would find most favorable isn't usually the "right" answer. A car designed by a community would probably have 20 wheels all going in different directions and a hot tube with a precariously perched microwave on the edge.

DE makes huge changes all the time, they certainly aren't timid about trying new stuff, parkour 2.0, focus 2.0, void keys, PoE, etc, etc. etc. so nonsense to that. It's what's great about this game...even though not all changes are winners.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

DE understands their audience just fine, Warframe is a successful game after all. Doing what the community would find most favorable isn't usually the "right" answer. A car designed by a community would probably have 20 wheels all going in different directions and a hot tube with a precariously perched microwave on the edge.

DE makes huge changes all the time, they certainly aren't timid about trying new stuff, parkour 2.0, focus 2.0, void keys, PoE, etc, etc. etc. so nonsense to that. It's what's great about this game...even though not all changes are winners.

The disconnect is in the assumption that it has succeeded because of that and not in spite of it. 

Tell me, how many years of constant complaining about the necessity of Carrier and Vacuum did it take for DE to finally give in to the fact that players felt the feature was fundamentally important to the experience? 

Edited by JuicyPop

2 hours ago, Comrade said:

the current login system is about as fair as fair gets.

This.

There isn't any other reward system in the game that gives you a guaranteed item after a fixed number of actions. Everyone must login the same number of days to get the same rewards.

41 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

The difference is that everyone is waiting the same amount of time from their conception to partake in these activities. Do you think that you wouldn't have been angry that your privileged cousin was able to drive at 7 for some reason - be it status, classes, etc. - while you had to wait 9 more years?

And everyone waits the same time to get the 500 day reward: 500 days.

What were you trying to argue, again?

1 minute ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

And everyone waits the same time to get the 500 day reward: 500 days.

What were you trying to argue, again?

You seem to have missed the context.

In the case of Warframe, everyone who would log in would be on the same day comparatively, i.e. a new player would be getting the Sword and Shield along with everything else. 

Edited by JuicyPop

47 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

Bruh, i was making fun but since you chose to single me out, couple facts about you:

1.  Your first post after December 2015

The Roadmap Part 3: When & Status Thread?

JuicyPop replied to [DE]Rebecca's topic in About this Subforum

I'd really just rather that you take more time for these releases, set a hard date and remain tight-lipped about all the finishing touches. I'm just tired of needing to completely avoid forums to get away from all the SoonTM talk.
  2.  Your last post before October 2017
    Are these serious builds or just something to test IS tank?

It's very clear that you and any other person defending this non sense are only concerned about your own agenda. 

It's safe to assume you stopped playing warframe for more than an year and you now think you are entitled to the same rewards from those that stuck to it. 

You are not.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

7 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Bruh, i was making fun but since you chose to single me out, couple facts about you:

1.  Your first post after December 2015

The Roadmap Part 3: When & Status Thread?

JuicyPop replied to [DE]Rebecca's topic in About this Subforum

I'd really just rather that you take more time for these releases, set a hard date and remain tight-lipped about all the finishing touches. I'm just tired of needing to completely avoid forums to get away from all the SoonTM talk.
  2.  Your last post before October 2017
    Are these serious builds or just something to test IS tank?

It's very clear that you and any other person defending this non sense lack empathy and are concerned about your own agenda. 

It's safe to assume you stopped playing warframe for more than an year and you now think you are entitled to the same rewards that stuck to it. 

You are not.

I fail to see the issue?

I don't really mind waiting for any of the items currently in queue, but I know I'm a bit of an outlier who doesn't particularly care about churning out MR. I guess the difference here is that I have empathy and can see how this would be frustrating for someone else. I can see why a new player without any investment into the game would look at this queue and be disheartened because they know that they will always be two+ years behind no matter what they do.

It's just not in the spirit of the game that I supported from the outset and I would like to preserve that - and yes, I also want the Founder's items made available as well. 

Edited by JuicyPop

Just now, JuicyPop said:

I fail to see the issue?

I don't really mind waiting for any of the items currently in queue, but I know I'm a bit of an outlier who doesn't particularly care about churning out MR. I guess the difference here is that I have empathy and can see how this would be frustrating for someone else. 

We as a community are generally very friendly and helpful towards others, which by itself proves that we have empathy. I myself gift godly rivens and plat all the time, but hey, guess i lack empathy too. 

So, we help others all the time. But when we want equity in a freaking LOYALITY REWARD SYSTEM we lack empathy. 

No son, we just don't agree with your personal agended tranvested into social justice. You are probably a communist with all that pseudo-morality.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

We as a community are generally very friendly and helpful towards others, which by itself proves that we have empathy. I myself gift godly rivens and plat all the time, but hey, guess i lack empathy too. 

So, we help others all the time. But when we want equity in a freaking LOYALITY REWARD SYSTEM we lack empathy. 

No son, we just don't agree with your personal agended tranvested into social justice. You are probably a communist with all that pseudo-morality.

Well, don't assume things about me and maybe I'll do in kind? That takes empathy to understand that from the outset by the way. 

[...]

The fatal flaw is in assuming that the login system is a "loyalty" reward when, in fact, it's just a carrot to improve their facing on Steam. DE cares jack all for your loyalty in this respect. 

edit: Also, I never thought I would be called a communist for arguing for a change that would head off future problems for a capitalist venture. 

Edited by JuicyPop

2 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

Well, don't assume things about be and maybe I'll do in kind? That takes empathy to understand that from the outset by the way. 

[...]

The fatal flaw in assuming that the login system is a "loyalty" reward when, in fact, it's just a carrot to improve their facing on Steam. DE cares jack all for your loyalty in this respect. 

Empathy also knows when to say 'no' but reagrding my assumptions, you're right in that i shouldn't assume.

I do have empathy, the same empathy i have for someone that owns a bmw and is disheartened by the fact he won't have a lamborghini soon.

Regarding their intentions, well, weren't you the one telling me not to assume? That applies to you too.

You contradict yourself far too much and how can you or anyone  else expect to be taken seriously when you say a new player will be disheartened by the fact his 700 day daily login reward is 2 years away when there's so much for them to worry about.

1 minute ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Empathy also knows when to say 'no' but reagrding my assumptions, you're right in that i shouldn't assume.

I do have empathy, the same empathy i have for someone that owns a bmw and is disheartened by the fact he won't have a lamborghini soon.

Regarding their intentions, well, weren't you the one telling me not to assume? That applies to you too.

You contradict yourself far too much and how can you or anyone  else expect to be taken seriously when you say a new player will be disheartened by the fact his 700 day daily login reward is 2 years away when there's so much for them to worry about.

I wonder if I should be surprised that you don't actually grasp the concept in practice?

9 hours ago, VocalMagic said:

if someone starts now, they will be 2 years away from getting what someone older has, and by that time they will be 2 years away from the new thing, providing they stick around that long.

This is a long time. This is discouraging. So why bother?

You're putting the cart before the horse here.  Or rather, looking at the situation backwards.

So needless to say (I am using the day 650 login glyph after all) I'm one of those folks who has logged in those larger numbers of days.  When I log tonight after this post, I'll be on day 699.  I've had to log in equally as long as you'll have to, to acquire this particular weapon, only difference is that I got started on that trek earlier on.  It's a perfectly equal situation, everyone is on 100% level terms when looking at the login system.  I will have to login 700 days to get the day 700 login item, you will have to login 700 days to get the day 700 login item, Perry's second cousin Hank will have to login 700 days to get the day 700 login item.

It takes 700 days of logging in to get to 700 days login.  This rule makes no exception for any player, it's even and fair.

Basically all of the various iterations of "login catch-up" threads all boil down to looking at this situation entirely backwards.  The players at the bleeding edge of these rewards are not getting them any sooner in terms of relative play time than you or anyone else can.  By trying to create whatever arbitrary catch-up system, you're essentially saying "I don't care that other players have bothered to stick around longer, they don't matter, give me the shiny thing now."

It's merely an extension of the collector's syndrome bumped up into overdrive, combined with an incorrect perspective of what is happening.  You only see it as discouraging because you're singling out one arbitrary thing and not looking at the bigger picture.

If one genuinely enjoys playing Warframe.  The day 700 login reward will be there waiting for them when they are still playing roughly two years after they begin playing Warframe.  The login rewards are DE's way of saying "Hey, that's awesome that you've bothered keeping up with this game for such a long time, have this obscure item."

2 hours ago, Bobtm said:

You're putting the cart before the horse here.  Or rather, looking at the situation backwards.

So needless to say (I am using the day 650 login glyph after all) I'm one of those folks who has logged in those larger numbers of days.  When I log tonight after this post, I'll be on day 699.  I've had to log in equally as long as you'll have to, to acquire this particular weapon, only difference is that I got started on that trek earlier on.  It's a perfectly equal situation, everyone is on 100% level terms when looking at the login system.  I will have to login 700 days to get the day 700 login item, you will have to login 700 days to get the day 700 login item, Perry's second cousin Hank will have to login 700 days to get the day 700 login item.

It takes 700 days of logging in to get to 700 days login.  This rule makes no exception for any player, it's even and fair.

Basically all of the various iterations of "login catch-up" threads all boil down to looking at this situation entirely backwards.  The players at the bleeding edge of these rewards are not getting them any sooner in terms of relative play time than you or anyone else can.  By trying to create whatever arbitrary catch-up system, you're essentially saying "I don't care that other players have bothered to stick around longer, they don't matter, give me the shiny thing now."

It's merely an extension of the collector's syndrome bumped up into overdrive, combined with an incorrect perspective of what is happening.  You only see it as discouraging because you're singling out one arbitrary thing and not looking at the bigger picture.

If one genuinely enjoys playing Warframe.  The day 700 login reward will be there waiting for them when they are still playing roughly two years after they begin playing Warframe.  The login rewards are DE's way of saying "Hey, that's awesome that you've bothered keeping up with this game for such a long time, have this obscure item."