Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes I Should Get

ChungyZ

Question

1 hour ago, BlakusLogan said:

due to Equinox cutting bodies for any nekros on the team.

Has almost no impact on 99.9% of play time.   You don't bring equinox hoping to slash proc cut bodies and then nekro them.  If you're farming for materials you bring the loot frames and an energy frame.  Oh and btw you'd use hydroid to kill since hydroid is both a loot frame and a kill frame (so you'd go nekro + hydroid + trin + Rhino(roar) for loot farms). 

Frost is only really useful in an excavation,

You're looking through blinders

valkyr is basically solo good.

More than just solo, it's just that most who play valkyr/play with one don't see eye to eye on using buffing team/using melee. (Eternal war is 100% legit)

2 hours ago, BlakusLogan said:

Frost is only popular atm due to being able to get Frost Prime with twitch prime,

No, just no.  Frost has always been favored by many players regardless of freebie status.

Gara is better than Frost and Vauban, yet she is a pain to farm as well.

Gara was much easier to obtain than Equinox (for me), and I had half decent RNG on obtaining equinox.  There are 3 parts you need for Gara, Equinox has 6 and all come from the same source.

is 100% newbie friendly

Your definition is off there.  Warframe for the most part centers around frames with 4 powers.  Equinox centers around ~~6 abilities and it does take some time getting accustomed to the new play style and knowing what abilities are what and which form they are from and what form you are currently using.  Also as a side note warframe is notorious for having a high learning curve.  This is mentioned in most any game review you find of warframe. So quite frankly saying a frame with an even higher learning curve (and exists outside the norm w/ frames such as Ivara and vaub) is noob friendly is laughable.  Warframe in general is not noob friendly (the community is, but the game itself isn't).  So calling a more complicated frame in a more complicated game 'noob friendly' is definitely the wrong choice of words.

19 minutes ago, zehne said:

Your definition is off there.  Warframe for the most part centers around frames with 4 powers.  Equinox centers around ~~6 abilities and it does take some time getting accustomed to the new play style and knowing what abilities are what and which form they are from and what form you are currently using.  Also as a side note warframe is notorious for having a high learning curve.  This is mentioned in most any game review you find of warframe. So quite frankly saying a frame with an even higher learning curve (and exists outside the norm w/ frames such as Ivara and vaub) is noob friendly is laughable.  Warframe in general is not noob friendly (the community is, but the game itself isn't).  So calling a more complicated frame in a more complicated game 'noob friendly' is definitely the wrong choice of words.

Actually no, if a noob can handle a "complicated" frame like Equinox, then playing someone as simply solo good like valkyr or someone who is only useful without a gara or chroma like frost, should be made simpler. As you said this game as a high learning curve and why not make sure you learn dps from a frame that can be built for stealth(sleep build) or damage(-strength +range)

4 minutes ago, BlakusLogan said:

Actually no, if a noob can handle a "complicated" frame like Equinox, then playing someone as simply solo good like valkyr or someone who is only useful without a gara or chroma like frost, should be made simpler. As you said this game as a high learning curve and why not make sure you learn dps from a frame that can be built for stealth(sleep build) or damage(-strength +range)

Because you don't take quantum physics before learning algebra.

When learning things you don't go from the most advanced materials before learning the basics.  Equinox is not a good frame for introducing new players to warframe.  It's really just that simple.

EDIT: And again, you are saying that frost is ONLY good for defense.  You are missing a huge aspect of game play with frost.

Edited by zehne

Just now, zehne said:

Because you don't take quantum physics before learning algebra.

When learning things you don't go from the most advanced materials before learning the basics.  Equinox is not a good frame for introducing new players to warframe.  It's really just that simple.

Actually its not like that, when learning things, you can take the hardest concept to make the easier ones easier than they are. With the other games I've played, I always found figuring out the hardest characters 1st, since they really teach the lessens of experience that I'd require to be good at the game. And Anyways, you're ign isn't TheVeganSideOfYoutube so why am I in a convosation with someone who clearly believes that frost has use when Chroma, Gara and a few other frames does his job of defence much better. Frost is like Oberon, is alright, but there are other frames that do the job better. I'd easily give newbies the advice to get rhino then Equinox, just so they are all round useful, esp if they want to do the raids later. Equinox is a staple requirement for JV and Rhino's stomp is good in LoR when built to be better CC. Ember is bad for the JV and many JV vets prefer Equinox over ember.

10 minutes ago, zehne said:

EDIT: And again, you are saying that frost is ONLY good for defense.  You are missing a huge aspect of game play with frost.

You mean like "I can't freeze stalker or vek hek" or How his dps is pretty meh and overrated. Gara does a much better job at dps and defence and she isn't tied to an early boss but a new early quest and the RNG bounty system(which I was able to ignore since she was gifted to me). I mean even tho Gara is used more for her defensive abilities, she is basically what happens when you make Frost useful and not just "I freeze people for a living". I only have frost for the mastery points and fashionframe(since deluxe skin looks good, even if he is basically Gara, but overrated yet popular)

23 hours ago, ChungyZ said:

My preferred playstyle is to sit in the backline and do tons of damage... who do you recommend for that?

A correctly modded rifle for a crit build.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no pew-pew warframe. Every one of them can solo, some can stealth, and some can support a group. You'll eventually level every warframe, weapon, and companion, to increase your master rank.

As for my opinion, you can't go wrong choosing Excalibur or Volt from the tutorial. After that, Rhino on Venus and Frost on Mars. After that, I'd suggest focusing on opening up the solar map and completing the missions, including unlocking your operator and their abilities.

Edited by GrazewoundZero

17 minutes ago, zehne said:

Actually, Equinox is really easy to master for new players. 

New Players: if you think Equinox is intimidating...stick in one form until you feel comfy.  Ignore the 1 until you're ready.

Done! :)

20 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Frost Prime is the best Warframe in the game.

Seriously disagree. He's excellent in a specific role, but outside of that role his kit ranges from mediocre to actively counterproductive, and he's got the same mobility issue as some other frames *cough*Rhino*cough* without the general usefulness to make up for it.

If you're arguing for using him for his 2+4 CC, that's about the only viable reason... and it's not very good, considering that both are eclipsed by any number of other frames. He's a pure defense frame meant to sit in a spot and make it a total pain in the &#! for mobs to attack that spot. Full stop, that's it. 95% of your useful playtime as Frost is going to be moving to/from a defense objective and sitting on that objective refreshing your bubble at level-appropriate intervals.

It's especially irresponsible to recommend Frost/Frost Prime to new players who don't have the mod library necessary to make him useful. We already have enough new Frost players dropping tiny blinding bubbles all over the place as it is, thanks to Twitch. That's like telling new players to build Banshee or Limbo ASAP with no explanation beyond "they're good do it".

Equinox is a staple requirement for JV and Rhino's stomp is good in LoR when built to be better CC. Ember is bad for the JV and many JV vets prefer Equinox over ember.

FULL STOP.

So your defense for recommending equinox is that Equinox is useful in a raid.  You know, one of those activities that 'noobs' don't just go and do regularly(and frankly, most people don't do raids regularly).

Again, OP says "hey i'm a noob" you reply with "This is a good thing for raids".

Not exactly answering the question.  OP said "Sit back and Pew Pew".  Equinox is not nearly the best at sitting far away from targets.  All of equinox's abilities (except sleep/rage) are limited in range (<50m).  So the answer is "The tanks", as in frames that are tanky w/o range restrictions.  These are frames such as Valkyr, Trinity, Inaros, Atlas, Chroma, and then you go down the list (Frost actually has a fair bit of armor/health and as everyone is dying to mention Frost Prime is essentially free atm meaning that he's super accessible).

I play equinox almost religiously but that doesn't mean equinox is the answer just because I feel like it's the best. 

48 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Seriously disagree. He's excellent in a specific role, but outside of that role his kit ranges from mediocre to actively counterproductive, and he's got the same mobility issue as some other frames *cough*Rhino*cough* without the general usefulness to make up for it.

If you're arguing for using him for his 2+4 CC, that's about the only viable reason... and it's not very good, considering that both are eclipsed by any number of other frames. He's a pure defense frame meant to sit in a spot and make it a total pain in the &amp;#&#33; for mobs to attack that spot. Full stop, that's it. 95% of your useful playtime as Frost is going to be moving to/from a defense objective and sitting on that objective refreshing your bubble at level-appropriate intervals.

It's especially irresponsible to recommend Frost/Frost Prime to new players who don't have the mod library necessary to make him useful. We already have enough new Frost players dropping tiny blinding bubbles all over the place as it is, thanks to Twitch. That's like telling new players to build Banshee or Limbo ASAP with no explanation beyond "they're good do it".

Sorry but I'm always right.

5 minutes ago, zehne said:

FULL STOP.

So your defense for recommending equinox is that Equinox is useful in a raid.  You know, one of those activities that 'noobs' don't just go and do regularly(and frankly, most people don't do raids regularly).

Again, OP says "hey i'm a noob" you reply with "This is a good thing for raids".

Not exactly answering the question.  OP said "Sit back and Pew Pew".  Equinox is not nearly the best at sitting far away from targets.  All of equinox's abilities (except sleep/rage) are limited in range (<50m).  So the answer is "The tanks", as in frames that are tanky w/o range restrictions.  These are frames such as Valkyr, Trinity, Inaros, Atlas, Chroma, and then you go down the list (Frost actually has a fair bit of armor/health and as everyone is dying to mention Frost Prime is essentially free atm meaning that he's super accessible).

I play equinox almost religiously but that doesn't mean equinox is the answer just because I feel like it's the best. 

Equinox is the best for a noob that wants to sit back and pew pew, because that is how you end up playing her anyways. Its the reason I picked her in the 1st place over "i'm only really useful in solo" Valkyr and "I'm hard to get due to how far The Kela De Thyam is" Chroma. And Anyways if you are just gonna sit back and pew pew, you're just gonna do defence and let the team do the damage, which Frost doesn't really bring. I play Equinox Religiously(Thanks to a specific streamer) and I can see her use even at the hands of a noob.

If you want to play equinox in nightform, all of the tankiness comes from enemies being inside of your area.  Your damage reduction is based on how close they are to you.  That's the opposite of hanging back.

In dayform you'll only slash proc stagger them if you are close enough to them.  Again, that's not hanging back.

You can argue the pros/cons but ultimately Equninox is best used in situations where the range of enemies is limited to within a certain distance.  Anything outside of that (standing farther away) Equinox might as well be any other frame with 100 armor and 300health/shields.

Edited by zehne