Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Press F to Pay Respects" is now a chat bannable offense????

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

I've already had a thread about unwarranted chat bans before - but it looks like it's back.

Some guy in chat today wrote:

Remember when you had to press E to melee (we're on console, so he was being silly)

My response was

Remember when you had to press F to pay respects?

Boom - banned from Region chat - just like that.  Thinking I must surely be crazy, I restarted the Warframe app to find out out in fact I was suspended from that channel.  Wondering if something else I said was wrong - I decided to test my theory.  I moved over to recruiting, naturally the wrong place, and I posted the exact same thing

Press F to Pay Respects

I was insta-banned from Recruiting.

It's time for DE to fix these stupid chat bans, contacting support does not guarantee a timely response, and I'm sick of always getting kicked from chat for these stupid, non-offensive things I say.  People post racist, sexist, violent posts all night - but I make a simple harmless joke and get rammed by the automated system for nothing.  
Old thread of same issue: 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

40 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

insta-banned from Recruiting.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

My response was

Remember when you had to press F to pay respects?

Recruiting chat is for recruiting... joking around and wanking on you can do in regional chat...
just like how you can't say 'WTB' in regional, You entered a chat with a specific role to play in squad hosting/finding and posted unrelated sentences...

Ban is warranted. Not stupid.

Nothing to see here.

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Recruiting chat is for recruiting... joking around and wanking on you can do in regional chat...
just like how you can't say 'WTB' in regional, You entered a chat with a specific role to play in squad hosting/finding and posted unrelated sentences...

Nothing to see here.

Except he got banned from region for saying the exact same thing? You see the problem?

6 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

Except he got banned from region for saying the exact same thing? You see the problem?

Exactly this. 

Me doing it in recruiting was just a test to see if that is specifically what triggered the system, nothing more.  The real problem is that it happened in Region first.  

Kinda sad to see he got 4 upvotes... I guess being scathing and rude on the forums, while showing just how bad your reading comprehension is, is now the cool thing to do.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

8 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Nothing to see here.

You need to learn how to read, friend.

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

You've edited your original post.

I edited it 17 hours ago - you commented 16 hours ago.  How are you going to contest that?  The forum's timestamps don't lie and its basic math - you commented 1 hour after I edited... the reality is that YOU chose not to read what I posted, and then skimmed through it to piece together a false representation of my post so you could leave a snarky comment.  You even reversed the order of my statements in order to support your attempts to discredit me.  You literally falsified your own evidence.

It's pretty sad that instead of admitting you messed up - you've contested it and messed up again.  I'd really like to see you work your way out of this one.  Let me guess, now I'm a hacker and can falsify timestamps?  Maybe you think I'm a DE insider?  What's it gonna be?  

An apology hopefully.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

17 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because it incites chat spam.

Then, imo, they need to issue warnings before bans, atleast in mild cases.  I didn't know this was an issue until last night, never saw a thread about it until I decided to research it after the fact - does DE really expect us to just know at this point what random, non-offensive phrases will get us banned?  It's like having a system of laws - except nobody is allowed to know the laws until they're already in jail.  

There needs to be some clarity or middle ground here.  A 24 hour chat ban at the snap of the fingers, for repeating an internet meme that isn't offensive, should not be a thing.

I understand in retrospect that it could incite spam, though that was never my intention - and if the DE TaxonTaxoff moderator who sits in Region all day had messaged me and said "hey, please don't do that again, it might incite spam."-  then I wouldn't have done it again and my anger could have been avoided.  Instead I logged out of WF for the night and that was that.  Player gone and peeved. That's not a functional system.     

An automated system should only be there for buzzwords that are actually racist or vile.  Not for harmless jokes. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

I barely write anything on public chats so I never had much chance to be banned.
But I fully support to limit ban bot - or even get rid of it - I hate censorship with passion.

But I wanted to add more impartant thing that many players who can join, especially English languaged chat, just don't know most of the slang bad words and may not be aware if they are not saying something not acceptable - so strict ban bot only confuses players. 
In my "private" chats in my native language it was censoring some of regular words which only could be offensive in some very rare contexts - so I can imagine how insane it can be with english words.