The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Universal Vacuum just happen already?

Crowshrink

12 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

Allow me to pose a very simple question to those who insists that universal vacuum is "required".

Why not just remove item drops entirely and make it such that players immediately obtain items from kills? The reasoning of quality of life is extremely subjective, just because you experience it as such does not mean that everyone has the same experience, neither does it mean that everyone doing it has the same reasons.

IMO, Vacuum outside of Carrier was a mistake. They should have tweaked with Vacuum in comparison with the other Sentinels and just left it be. This Vacuum obsessed culture is ridiculous.

Why not? Because I like DE and I want to them remain profitable. 

Humans are driven by dopamine release within the mid-brain and the immediate, visual sight of a reward dropping is not only pleasing to us, it's also a more powerful reinforcement mechanism than simply reviewing it in a table after a mission when the connection between the particular action and the reward is lost. 

edit: Along that line of thinking, most players will prefer to use a vacuum mod because the sight of a room full of loot being collected all at once is more thoroughly pleasurable than walking over each drop, one at a time. It's the difference between a huge spike of pleasure and small metered doses of it. A Kubrow/Kavat, as they currently stand, simply can't hijack our neurochemistry in the same way which is why they will predominantly be left on the sidelines. 

Edited by JuicyPop
formatting

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What exactly do you guys NEED to pick up all of the time, if you're not a new player? 

As a vet

1. I rarely need ammo drops for most of my weapons

2. Have an abundance of most resources. 

3. Don't rely on health/energy orbs

4. Don't rely on credit drops

5. Have most rare mods, and rare mods that do drop are easy enough to pick up with my super mobile ninja skills anyway (as is all loot for that matter)

What do you guys need vacuum for exactly again? To feel good?

I assure you, if you give up vacuum, You won't really notice a big difference in your effectiveness. It's great to use with ammo hungry weapons, I use vacuum for those loadouts. But I use it as a tool, not a necessity.

It is just eliinate all the reasons to play so my question is why do you play still if you have everything?

An universal vacuum just help for looting and no need to be too long. Enough a simple 6 meter ranged vacuum, that not elminiate the move and yet warframes can get the outplaced loots which often drop everywhere just not where it can be actually take up.

13 hours ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

Every time this topic comes up I really can't understand why people are so against universal vacuum.

Like do you think "no please, I don't want the polymer bundle over there picked up. I am avoiding it on purpose and I don't want it suddenly picked up for me."

or is it "I enjoy stopping to pick up small resources that are located in all corners of this massive tile-set so much. I mean, I play this game for the quick movement, but stopping to pick up things really sells it for me"

Universal vacuum hurts no one and gives players more choice for companions. People will still choose sentinels for certain things (ammo case, scanning, avoiding pet up-keep) and more people will choose kubrows and kavats for the perks they have. 

Pretty much agreed on this.

14 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

I am no against an increased vacuum range let's say 5-6 meter total. That doesn't hurt anyone and still you can get your loot.

Alternatively, make it so that it's a 3 meter cylinder around your character. As it is now, it seems to be a sphere emanating from the Warframe's torso, which makes it feel a lot shorter when pickups are on the ground.

12 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Alternatively, make it so that it's a 3 meter cylinder around your character. As it is now, it seems to be a sphere emanating from the Warframe's torso, which makes it feel a lot shorter when pickups are on the ground.

Not against that neither. I just checked this in the reality and it is on the monitor a 4-5 centimeter long line. Another option could be the instant loot on your invenory, but that eliminate the loot for others "if the loot not shared" and they spent time on making rescources. Also the human mind like the visual things.

As a relatively new player it is a nice addition but I honestly not used any companion at all. Somehow they just slow down me in my gameplay and I didn't noticed any disadvantages for no have vacuum. I can take the loot manually but it is also a minor help to have. For me the 3 meter is enough to get the outplaced props.

1 hour ago, Primed_ToiletWorm said:

Not really. I am that generation which played tetris and chess on pc long before 3d come alive. 

And that's why I said, "generation of gaming." It's not really the players that are at fault, it's the games and experiences that have shaped them. 

Edited by JuicyPop

5 hours ago, Primed_ToiletWorm said:

It is just eliinate all the reasons to play so my question is why do you play still if you have everything?

An universal vacuum just help for looting and no need to be too long. Enough a simple 6 meter ranged vacuum, that not elminiate the move and yet warframes can get the outplaced loots which often drop everywhere just not where it can be actually take up.

Since when does "everything" drop as loot? Your question doesn't make sense

What game are you playing? Diablo?

On 11/8/2017 at 2:58 AM, SilvaDreams said:

Yes really. It's only 3m but they aren't going to completely invalidate Vacuum and the Chess kuburow.

I've tested this "vacuum" and it works like 1/10 times while standing still next to an item a foot away. Just because its been added doesn't mean it actually works.

6 hours ago, JuicyPop said:

A Kubrow/Kavat, as they currently stand, simply can't hijack our neurochemistry in the same way which is why they will predominantly be left on the sidelines. 

Sure they can. Every time they charge into a nullifier's bubble and eat their face. That always feels good. And is more useful than the circuit the nullifier dropped.

Or when all the red crits happen. Or some Grineer get their armor deleted. 

44 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

Sure they can. Every time they charge into a nullifier's bubble and eat their face. That always feels good. And is more useful than the circuit the nullifier dropped.

Or when all the red crits happen. Or some Grineer get their armor deleted. 

Sure, in short bursts and not in any way that can really be relied upon. They certainly bring interesting and fun elements to the table, which is why this discussion started in the first place, but the consistency and general applicability of vacuum is just too extreme to ignore. 

Edited by JuicyPop

2 hours ago, JuicyPop said:

Sure, in short bursts and not in any way that can really be relied upon. They certainly bring interesting and fun elements to the table, which is why this discussion started in the first place, but the consistency and general applicability of vacuum is just too extreme to ignore. 

I've been ignoring it just fine. 

2 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

Does anyone like going out of your way to pick up the dropped loot? Is it fun for you?

A large loot vacuum is absolutely necessary for me.  It's even worse for archwing because how hard it is to tell where the loot is.

It's not that it's fun, it's that it's no big deal. I move around a lot regardless picking up loot without even trying, what's 1 extra meter here and there? 

6 hours ago, JuicyPop said:

Several times a mission I watch my kavat out of the corner of my screen go charging through a nullifier bubble while I'm dealing with something else to just shred it. Its regular enough.  Also the rate at which they kill things is significant, and instabigging, or decoying enemies and tanking -for me- is major utility in itself.  Sure things like double loot, insta reload and all are nice, but just the tanking, the extra damage, and stripping armor of heavies for me means that I can live easier and we can destroy things together.  My pets don't get stuck in doorways, on stairs, railings, all that.  When I get an Adarza, the constant crit boost with 10 sec downtime, and giving us both major tankiness, is also incredible utility. The armor stripping, decoying, killing nullifiers, cc'ing multiple mobs at a time when they focus on the pet...is utility.

I honestly do not believe from all of your posts across these Vacuum or literally unplayable threads that you've played more than a couple hours on a Kavat/kub, when they were new or even recently after plenty of behavior improvements.

6 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

Does anyone like going out of your way to pick up the dropped loot? Is it fun for you?

A large loot vacuum is absolutely necessary for me.  It's even worse for archwing because how hard it is to tell where the loot is.

Actually yeah, kind of. I am constantly bullet jumping, dodge rolling when firing, and crouch sliding while shooting or advancing to melee or to cover, often towards resources.  I'm not consistently bullet jumping into aimglides and headshotting multiple mobs on the way down, but I'm not sitting around, picking a beer off my gut, scratching my butt, hitting 4, and then left clicking a few times when I get around to aiming to get through a mission to need vacuum.

Ultimately, 5m for univac sure, but seriously, at no point ever is vacuum a requirement for efficiency unless you're doing something like running Ember/venom saryn/maimquinox exterminate run.  For any kind of endless mission? Get real.

7 hours ago, Terrornaut said:

Several times a mission I watch my kavat out of the corner of my screen go charging through a nullifier bubble while I'm dealing with something else to just shred it. Its regular enough.  Also the rate at which they kill things is significant, and instabigging, or decoying enemies and tanking -for me- is major utility in itself.  Sure things like double loot, insta reload and all are nice, but just the tanking, the extra damage, and stripping armor of heavies for me means that I can live easier and we can destroy things together.  My pets don't get stuck in doorways, on stairs, railings, all that.  When I get an Adarza, the constant crit boost with 10 sec downtime, and giving us both major tankiness, is also incredible utility. The armor stripping, decoying, killing nullifiers, cc'ing multiple mobs at a time when they focus on the pet...is utility.

I honestly do not believe from all of your posts across these Vacuum or literally unplayable threads that you've played more than a couple hours on a Kavat/kub, when they were new or even recently after plenty of behavior improvements.

Actually yeah, kind of. I am constantly bullet jumping, dodge rolling when firing, and crouch sliding while shooting or advancing to melee or to cover, often towards resources.  I'm not consistently bullet jumping into aimglides and headshotting multiple mobs on the way down, but I'm not sitting around, picking a beer off my gut, scratching my butt, hitting 4, and then left clicking a few times when I get around to aiming to get through a mission to need vacuum.

Ultimately, 5m for univac sure, but seriously, at no point ever is vacuum a requirement for efficiency unless you're doing something like running Ember/venom saryn/maimquinox exterminate run.  For any kind of endless mission? Get real.

The funny thing about this is that I have several 7-forma Kubrows, mostly Huras, Raksa and Sahasa, that I rarely if ever feel great about using because the utility of vacuum is so vastly superior to literally anything that they can do consistently. I spent countless hours farming eggs and breeding in the hopes of finding a Lotus Huras just so I could have the perfect companion for my EV Trinity and squishier caster frames and in the end I found that the cloak, despite being incredibly strong, isn't worth the loss to my ability to quickly loot. 

It should be seen as a problem that I'm still preferring to use 0-forma Carrier/Taxon/Helios over an arm of the companion system that I've sunk considerable time and platinum into. 

Edited by JuicyPop