fishing gets you standing 

opening crates gets components

mining gets  components  

simple logic is simple 

the premise of this topic is wrong 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

Searching tokens for syndicates is WF farming 

Now fishing, requires aim btw, is not?

Just think of it as picking up the fish if the idea is too farfetched from the farming you’re used to 

Lunaro is completely separated from the game, not really part of it and not very popular either as the whole competitive part of the game. Ppl would be enraged if tomorrow you would need to play lunaro to obtain gear and weapons in the game. But as it is you do not need to play lunaro ever to progress in the game in any way.

You open creates while playing the game, you don't spend time on it. You don't have to stare at the create for hours and shoot it every now and them to get loot. You pass next to it, break it, loot and go on with your mission.

Syndicate tokens are totaly optional. You don't need them to get standing and can skip them. They do not gate progression at all.

Fishing, apart from the fact that requieres aiming, it requieres standing in the same spot for a lenghty period of time not doing anything else in the meantime instead of playing the game. While I do understand that there is ppl who like to do it, I do not understand why gate progression behind it. It could have been optional for those who enjoy it.

So all your examples are wrong.

Edited by Nirrel

? Im not understanding peoples plights with fishing, you can literally donate 1 day or about 5 hours to fishing and exploiting hot spots and cut them up for all the mats youll ever need. 

20 minutes landed me over 64 murkays and people are dropping 3-5 plat per murkay S-L.  Hoard them if you hate fishing that much but a couple hours ,i say 5 tops, youll have all the fish required for progression and never have to touch fishing again. 

Mining is a different story take an Adarza kavat with charm but fishing? Nah.

Charm affects fish too.

Just spam bounties after that.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

4 hours ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

Mining and fishing definitely don't belong in Warframe..

But i don't care, because it's fun

Fishing is fun. In very small doses.

But it should not be mandatory.

Mining is just...awful. Mining should have been Thumping, from Firefall.

Both minerals and gems, as well as fish parts, should be available from enemy crates in the Plains, and Cetus vendors - for CREDITS ONLY.

@Nirrel

I can fish, mine, break crates, cut fruit trees, take selfies etc all in between Lotus’ Missions and grineer or vomvalyst attacks (which you can farm too)

you can make it all a part of your “flow” if you choose to, or do a specific run but why waste opportunities? If I pass by an azurite I I’ll farm that as I go 

this is why I aim glide and zoom while traveling, so I can find items as I go ez 

seems like those who wanna farm complain about attacks, now those who don’t wanna farm complain about the grind and rather fight grineer... catch 22

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

@Nirrel

I can fish, mine, break crates, cut fruit trees, take selfies etc all in between Lotus’ Missions and grineer or vomvalyst attacks (which you can farm too)

you can make it all a part of your “flow” if you choose to, or do a specific run but why waste opportunities? If I pass by an azurite I I’ll farm that as I go 

this is why I aim glide and zoom while traveling, so I can find items as I go ez 

seems like those who wanna farm complain about attacks, now those who don’t wanna farm complain about the grind and rather fight grineer... catch 22

No. It's NOT a catch 22.

Just make fish parts, rocks and gems drop from loot containers in the Plains and stop FORCING your mini games. 

There. Problem solved. Those who like to fish and mine still can. Those who don't, still get the stuff, just by playing Warframe as opposed to a bad clone of the latest trending survival game.

The standing system in PoE really makes the Lotus and the Tenno seem like door mats. I'm not saying that we should ransack the place and burn it to the ground – I want to but that's besides the point – but you would at least think that the people in Cetus would be wary of that potential. What exactly are their options? We could just leave and let the Infested/Grineer end them, so why are we affording them such a strong bargaining position? 

There is grind, and then there is grind that just seems so horridly out of place that it breaks all sense of story. 

Edited by JuicyPop

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

Open crates again?!

There better be a better suggestion than this, because I can do that in Ceres 

fishing are mining are 10x more interactive and creative! why would you want to devolve back into simple crates, this system is used in PS2 games 

I said the stuff should drop from enemy crates as an additional option. An OPTION.

No one wants to remove fishing from the game. They just don't want it to be mandatory.

50 minutes ago, JuicyPop said:

The standing system in PoE really makes the Lotus and the Tenno seem like door mats. I'm not saying that we should ransack the place and burn it to the ground – I want to but that's besides the point – but you would at least think that the people in Cetus would be wary of that potential. What exactly are their options? We could just leave and let the Infested/Grineer end them, so why are we affording them such a strong bargaining position? 

There is grind, and then there is grind that just seems so horridly out of place that it breaks all sense of story. 

This.

Within the context of this universe, if I did the bounty jobs and you tried to pay me with some flowers and the in universe equivalent of $25, I'd just shoot you and TAKE a reward.

There is NO REASON we are running these missions for literally garbage. 

It's time for a new business model. You cannot maintain interest in a loot based game, when the loot sucks. If the loot we get PLAYING isn't fun, people aren't going to pay you for it, they're going to QUIT. Hence, player numbers have dropped off sharply since the PoE release.

If Warframe wants to retain actual, paying players, DE needs to find some way to grant fun rewards for ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME, and then offer incentive to pay from there.

4 hours ago, Nirrel said:

You open creates while playing the game, you don't spend time on it. You don't have to stare at the create for hours and shoot it every now and them to get loot. You pass next to it, break it, loot and go on with your mission.

Is that how you fish? That may be your problem, when *I* fish I'm throwing the spear every few seconds, trying hard not to miss. I'm getting decent with it, but it's much more difficult aiming with it than a sniper, and if I go too slow or miss I'll miss out on standing/resources. Usually when I need fish I go fish for like a half-hour or so and then do something else, maybe your spending too long and going too slow, and that's why it's boring? My favorite fishing is at the tail end of a night cycle, when there isn't enough time to hunt another teralyst, I go catch 20 or 30 lungfish in the few minutes before they stop spawning. Makes a nice end to a stressful hunt.

11 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Is that how you fish? That may be your problem, when *I* fish I'm throwing the spear every few seconds, trying hard not to miss. I'm getting decent with it, but it's much more difficult aiming with it than a sniper, and if I go too slow or miss I'll miss out on standing/resources. Usually when I need fish I go fish for like a half-hour or so and then do something else, maybe your spending too long and going too slow, and that's why it's boring? My favorite fishing is at the tail end of a night cycle, when there isn't enough time to hunt another teralyst, I go catch 20 or 30 lungfish in the few minutes before they stop spawning. Makes a nice end to a stressful hunt.

Ultimate Fishing Simulator on steam is in early access. Go play it. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

Open crates again?!

There better be a better suggestion than this, because I can do that in Ceres 

fishing are mining are 10x more interactive and creative! why would you want to devolve back into simple crates, this system is used in PS2 games 

The only difference with fishing/mining and even general resource farming is that you happen to be inside the crate. Warframe is the crate as opposed to it just being a system to support another experience. 

Edited by JuicyPop

At least mining, fishing and beach strolling can be done at will and relatively painlessly (if one chooses to do so). Quill farming however... If you can't/don't run with a dedicated group every night, trying to farm Quill reputation is an absolute nightmare.

I'm literally s**t out of luck when comes to The Quills. If DE intends to lean more heavily into operator gameplay in the future, they'd better change how Quill standing is acquired.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

@Nirrel

What? Not sure if I even understand what you are saying. I did not complain about the grind. I talked about how progression was gated behind something like fishing wich does not in any way enter in the flow of the game. I did not talk about harvesting trees, I do not farm vomvalyst it's just a vaste of time for me with all the eidolon I killed and I didn't even talked about mining and I definitely do not take selfies. I talked about fishing. It's something that you go to do, not do it while doing a mission. Unless you are just hanging out in the plains to do incursions and i admit I did not even bother with them for one marpico.

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Not sure what's your point. I didn't say that I have a problem with succeding with fishing. I already leveled up everything that needed it and I even got all the arcanes I wanted to craft built. However I personally play this game because of the high mobility horde shooter aspect and have no time and willingness to stay half an hour next to a pond spearing fish. The only way I would find that not boring if the fish shoot back and put up a fight.

26 minutes ago, Nirrel said:

Not sure what's your point. I didn't say that I have a problem with succeding with fishing. I already leveled up everything that needed it and I even got all the arcanes I wanted to craft built. However I personally play this game because of the high mobility horde shooter aspect and have no time and willingness to stay half an hour next to a pond spearing fish. The only way I would find that not boring if the fish shoot back and put up a fight.

That part I understand. Not everyone wants to fish, and it is a little weird that it's as mandatory as it is.

30 minutes ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

I'm literally s**t out of luck when comes to The Quills. If DE intends to lean more heavily into operator gameplay in the future, they'd better change how Quill standing is acquired.

Agreed, Quills standing is a bigger problem than fishing. If you can't hunt teralysts then you're stuck hunting voms, which is easy to do but will take forever to get any real standing from. The only saving grace is that if you don't want to fight teralysts, you don't really need much of anything from the quills anyway. Hopefully additional sources of quills standing will be added in the future.

What’s so complicated about inserting fishing in your flow? Landlocked water appears often 

A dev scolded another dev for not sinking it all in in the plains and he has a very good point.

Some activities require a more relaxed, receptive, yin state and fishing is one of them. 

Bursting in bulleting jumps, firing cannons, that’s totally yang. I think a flow should have both active and passive states. 

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

That part I understand. Not everyone wants to fish, and it is a little weird that it's as mandatory as it is.

Agreed, Quills standing is a bigger problem than fishing. If you can't hunt teralysts then you're stuck hunting voms, which is easy to do but will take forever to get any real standing from. The only saving grace is that if you don't want to fight teralysts, you don't really need much of anything from the quills anyway. Hopefully additional sources of quills standing will be added in the future.

Even coming to like Operators as I am, gaining Quills standing is so slow, and so one dimensional, that it's not worth it. 

We need Quills missions. More importantly, Free Roam mode should grant some small rep with BOTH Cetus and Quills for killing Grineer in Free Roam and for Incursions.

Or maybe the snobbish Quills would prefer we not BRING our Frames...in which case, the Grineer will just wipe the floor with them AND their high standards.

4 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Even coming to like Operators as I am, gaining Quills standing is so slow, and so one dimensional, that it's not worth it.

I'll agree it's one-dimensional, but slow? ?I guess it depends on your ability to cap teralysts, but I racked up so much quills standing I had over a months worth of daily caps (25k each, since I'm MR 24) saved up, and I've just been coasting lately, turning in saved up cores after the reset without bothering to farm more. To be fair, though, not everyone can manage that, and if capping teralysts is not in your wheelhouse it's gonna be very frustrating trying to get anything out of the Quills. I can see how it would be a problem, I just feel like once you learn how to farm it it's not gonna be slow.

8 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

We need Quills missions.

This actually sounds pretty fun. We should suggest this.

22 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

We need Quills missions. More importantly, Free Roam mode should grant some small rep with BOTH Cetus and Quills for killing Grineer in Free Roam and for Incursions.

Or maybe the snobbish Quills would prefer we not BRING our Frames...in which case, the Grineer will just wipe the floor with them AND their high standards.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

But seriously. We need Quills missions.  I haven't done Eid hunting yet because I don't feel like having to play meta demanded frames I probably won't enjoy, and well, just because of time also.  Focus gain and my unceasing forma of my existing inventory (I've basically been around MR 18 since MR 18 was a think because I just forma and use the gear I enjoy instead of leveling up new junk).  Maybe the Sentient Outpost stuff will be those missions and more of a source of easily accessible Quills standing and operator related content.  Maybe we'll get some PoE related endless content in the form of a challenge tower or assault mode, who knows..

7 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

No. It's NOT a catch 22.

Just make fish parts, rocks and gems drop from loot containers in the Plains and stop FORCING your mini games. 

There. Problem solved. Those who like to fish and mine still can. Those who don't, still get the stuff, just by playing Warframe as opposed to a bad clone of the latest trending survival game.

It wouldnt matter if they did since the majority would funnel to the fastest method and proceed to complain anyway.

A big difference between fishing and mining and the rest of Warframe is that if I need Rubedo I can do a mission type of my choosing to get it.  If I need polymer, argon, whatever I can choose defense, survival, exterm - whatever floats my boat.

If I need fish parts - I need to fish. And for many fish parts I need fish bait which takes fish. so its doubly forced fishing

If I need ore/gems I need to mine. and for many ores/gems I need other ore/gems. so again doubly forced.

And its all made worse by the economy of the plains which feels 10x worse in EVERY way than any other thing in WF. Standing/resources/you name it - the grind is worse.

And all capped off by the feeling they literally just doubled the number of distinct resources in the game needed to craft things.  A friend and I were just playing and we both felt sorry for any new player to the game. And beyond that, felt that if we were new with the game in its current state, we'd just give up only a 100 hours or less in as the mountain is so high it would feel insurmountable. If we even made it to 100 hours.  For new players taking on Eidolon he may as well be on the moon.