Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you melee attack a teralyst?

(PSN)supersocc11

Question

From the vids I've seen it seems like you have to use snipers or other high ammo economy weapons to fight a teralyst. 

What I love about wf is you can basically kill anything the way you want to....but not anymore. I love melee and wf abilities but those 2 options seem out of the question now...

So my question: at any phase in the fight can you use wf abilities to damage the teralyst eidolon? Im not asking if it's the most efficient because i definitely know it's not...thanks!

18 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure you can use any melee weapon to hit him in the last phase, but you'd still need to be able to hit his weak spots until then. Thrown melee weapons and gunblades can hit them freely, but conventional melee weapons will have a harder time.

Yeah, definitely. Valkyr is currently the main frame I use on hunts and I sometimes use her 4th to finish him off. With her it's different tho because she's invincible, but you can land on him and just warcry and deal more damage than a lot of ranged weapons and it's constant. I would only recommend on final stage because it's just too hard to aim at joints. You can literally spin attack his legs to death on final stage. It's just not very reliable/efficient, but it is fun.

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

2 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Yeah, definitely. Valkyr is currently the main frame I use on hunts and I sometimes use her to finish him off. With her it's different tho because she's invincible, but you can land on him and just warcry and deal more damage than a lot of ranged weapons and it's constant. I would only recommend on final stage because it's just too hard to aim at joints. You can literally spin attack his legs to death on final stage. It's just not very reliable/efficient, but it is fun.

Ah that makes a lot of sense! Ya the whole invincibility thing helps too lol. 

You got me thinking... could atlas's landslide work on the final stage of the fight? If that worked that would be enough for me :)

1 hour ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Ah that makes a lot of sense! Ya the whole invincibility thing helps too lol. 

You got me thinking... could atlas's landslide work on the final stage of the fight? If that worked that would be enough for me :)

Don't have him, but definitely worth trying!

10 hours ago, Ardhanarishvara said:

You could always bullet jump up to slap his knees. Maybe Secura Lecta with a Maiming Strike Radiation build?

Also, do keep in mind that it is technically possible to stand on him.

Sadly no.  First thing I tried, you can't target him with warframe abilities.

Wouldn't that have been delightful?  And hilarious?

You can still skypunch the heck out of landing craft and such though, that almost makes up for it!

12 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

Sadly no.  First thing I tried, you can't target him with warframe abilities.

Wouldn't that have been delightful?  And hilarious?

You can still skypunch the heck out of landing craft and such though, that almost makes up for it!

So landslide works on those drop ships if you can jump high enough??? Now thats awesome....lol

not sure about this design decision. If we have the option to just use Melee we should be able to take out any foe with just melees. At least easily. It does not seem to be the case. Some mobs are much harder to deal with just melee

9 minutes ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

So landslide works on those drop ships if you can jump high enough??? Now thats awesome....lol

If you want to make everyone in your group grin, equip the path of statues mod. :)

It's not easy to get high enough with some of them in time, and it's touch and go, sometimes you catch a guy dropping and can use them to punch further into the sky, sometimes you've got floating statues, and sometimes you hit the sweet spot and I'm pretty sure you look like an anime character, but I've mostly been soloing on the plains until just recently and I don't see other Atlases as much.  I have NO idea what it looks like from the outside.

SUPER satisfying though!

(I REALLY want to know what this looks like from the outside now.  I have a habit of leveling freshly formaed weapons on Io and it's really easy to hit that drop ship that cycles in. I've gotten a couple of fun comments, apparently that's not a thing people see much...and it seems like everyone has a Pavlovian response to the dropships on that map)

Edited by FreeWilliam

6 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

If you want to make everyone in your group grin, equip the path of statues mod. :)

It's not easy to get high enough with some of them in time, and it's touch and go, sometimes you catch a guy dropping and can use them to punch further into the sky, sometimes you've got floating statues, and sometimes you hit the sweet spot and I'm pretty sure you look like an anime character, but I've mostly been soloing on the plains until just recently and I don't see other Atlases as much.  I have NO idea what it looks like from the outside.

SUPER satisfying though!

(I REALLY want to know what this looks like from the outside now.  I have a habit of leveling freshly formaed weapons on Io and it's really easy to hit that drop ship that cycles in. I've gotten a couple of fun comments, apparently that's not a thing people see much...and it seems like everyone has a Pavlovian response to the dropships on that map)

You just made my day lol. You better not be pulling my leg! This is the first thing im going to try when consoles get poe!!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

You just made my day lol. You better not be pulling my leg! This is the first thing im going to try when consoles get poe!!

You're not practicing on Io right now?  That's how I learned :)

Don't get me wrong, it's WAY harder to get in position in the Plains...my dream for Atlas is that in the rework landslide moves you towards the target even if it's not in range because my one peeve is that 'bzzt bzzt bzzt bzzt' before 'ZOOM BAM BAM BAM!'.  Honestly it feels more like luck half the time.

I'm also not 100% certain what I'm punching when I get the dropship early..I think it's actually the mob inside the ship, and maybe they spawn at a point in time but aren't there initially? 

All I know is there's a point where I'm in the sky punching things further into the sky and it makes me very, very happy. :)

3 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

You're not practicing on Io right now?  That's how I learned :)

Don't get me wrong, it's WAY harder to get in position in the Plains...my dream for Atlas is that in the rework landslide moves you towards the target even if it's not in range because my one peeve is that 'bzzt bzzt bzzt bzzt' before 'ZOOM BAM BAM BAM!'.  Honestly it feels more like luck half the time.

I'm also not 100% certain what I'm punching when I get the dropship early..I think it's actually the mob inside the ship, and maybe they spawn at a point in time but aren't there initially? 

All I know is there's a point where I'm in the sky punching things further into the sky and it makes me very, very happy. :)

Are you actually damaging the Dropship? I just went to io and tried your method with Atlas and I was just punching the guys on the inside but doing no damage to the ship itself....

1 hour ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Are you actually damaging the Dropship? I just went to io and tried your method with Atlas and I was just punching the guys on the inside but doing no damage to the ship itself....

I'm thinking the dropships aren't actual real objects that can be damaged that way, and they're more like 'holder objects', even when people shoot at them you see individual multiple numbers in different locations properly. 

So it's more like you're punching the first wave of baddies, and they're floating in air in a sort of bubble.

So the dropship is actually a virtual object, and what you're REALLY punching is a bunch of bad guys that are being held together and not allowed to fight back.

I'm totally cool with this. :)