Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno’s Greatest Trailer Contest

[DE]Megan

20 hours ago, JaxMess said:

Here is my submission for review and judgement. Thank you!

After scrolling through all the listings here I'm concerned that the end slate image I used disqualifies me because it has text in it. Can someone that works for DE tell me whether or not I need to re-edit this while I still have time to do so? @[DE]Megan perhaps? Thank you.

On 11/10/2017 at 9:01 PM, [DE]Megan said:

The Text is NOT allowed, but the idea is there!

Why was this not stipulated the first time you uploaded the competition rules Megan? I posted my video while adhering to all the original rules you posted. This was not one of them.

So, can someone clarify for me? Is No Text allowed? No warframe logo? No HUD in game? I think the information here is muddy.

I only see where she says the text is not allowed from the montage she posted. I don't really know how to interpret that.

Edited by HandOfTaurus
Grammar

@[DE]Megan Can you clarify which sort of text is not allowed in the trailer?

I have been following the original rules and I am more than two-thirds of the way done with the trailer relying on some text. I also believe that it is sort of late for me to scrap the entire trailer and start from the beginning.

Please advise if this will disqualify my entry.

Here is my submission;

"Create Your Reflection" is all about your personal identity within Warframe. Everybody is able to create their unique character; no matter how you play the game, solo, friends or with strangers. You always play the game of "fashion" frame. 

The Warframe is a reflection of who you are; therefore I also used the mirror effect throughout the video. Slowly showing the evolution of a Warframe. 

You start with the basic Excalibur look which eventually leads to a bit more customized Excalibur, one that can be easily created in a very short period of time. 
The third Warframe is the devilish Warframe. Everybody did it. Create a very high contrast evil looking Warframe, just admit it ;). 
This leads to a Warframe I now personally run with. A lot of customization with the help of Tennogen; just to give this video more of a personal identity. 
In the end, we end up with or more "neutral" Excalibur look. Just a very expensive but beautiful skin. The mirror effect stops here; symbolizing that the Excalibur isn't a reflection anymore of who you are: - It is who you are -

-------

Bit more facts of those who are interested:
- I only recently started playing the game, so the resources I had were very limited. I tried to get most of the areas I had access too and I spend a bit of money getting some nice gear. 
- If you look carefully, all the shots are made on the position that I could mirror properly. Giving the illusion that the corridors and areas are continues and that only the Warframe is being mirrored. This took a lot of trial and error to achieve properly. 
- I tried to create most of the time a flow between the shots. If one movement continues in one direction, the next shot takes the movement over or moves in the opposite direction. 
- Even the logo at the end is part of the illusion, appearing from the middle split.
- I considered adding my own 3d content to the mix, actually using glasslike objects to enforce the theme that is your own reflection. However, it would distract more from the Warframes itself than it would enforce the idea. 
- The only tools I used to create this was Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition & Nvidia Shadowplay. 
- I've spent the whole weekend working on this. I'm pretty sure I've to spend at least 24 hours on this. Mostly figuring out how Warframes could, and could not move within Captura. 

Edited by Jalif

2 minutes ago, Jalif said:

Here is my submission;

"Create Your Reflection" is all about your personal identity within Warframe. Everybody is able to create their unique character; no matter how you play the game, solo, friends or with strangers. You always play the game of "fashion" frame. 

The Warframe is a reflection of who you are; therefore I also used the mirror effect throughout the video. Slowly showing the evolution of a Warframe. 

You start with the basic Excalibur look which eventually leads to a bit more customized Excalibur, one that can be easily created in a very short period of time. 
The third Warframe is the devilish Warframe. Everybody did it. Create a very high contrast evil looking Warframe, just admit it ;). 
This leads to a Warframe I now personally run with. A lot of customization with the help of Tennogen; just to give this video more of a personal identity. 
In the end, we end up with or more "neutral" Excalibur look. Just a very expensive but beautiful skin. The mirror effect stops here; symbolizing that the Excalibur isn't a reflection anymore of who you are: - It is who you are -

-------

Bit more facts of those who are interested:
- I only recently started playing the game, so the resources I had were very limited. I tried to get most of the areas I had access too and I spend a bit of money getting some nice gear. 
- If you look carefully, all the shots are made on the position that I could mirror properly. Giving the illusion that the corridors and areas are continues and that only the Warframe is being mirrored. This took a lot of trial and error to achieve properly. 
- I tried to create most of the time a flow between the shots. If one movement continues in one direction, the next shot takes the movement over or moves in the opposite direction. 
- Even the logo at the end is part of the illusion, appearing from the middle split.
- I considered adding my own 3d content to the mix, actually using glasslike objects to enforce the theme that is your own reflection. However, it would distract more from the Warframes itself than it would enforce the idea. 
- The only tools I used to create this was Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition & Nvidia Shadowplay. 
- I've spent the whole weekend working on this. I'm pretty sure I've to spend at least 24 hours on this. Mostly figuring out how Warframes could, and could not move within Captura. 

clever

I don't know who or where to ask this but: 

Do we personally have to put in the "Mature 17+" tag in the video ourselves or will it be added to the 25-second video afterwards?

Meaning this tag: Screenshot_104.png

Also, do we personally have to edit the "Warframe" outro into the end of the video ourselves, or will it also be added after the 25-second video is made? 

"Warframe outro" meaning: UDOf83ppSNaofcV0d-73-Q.png

24 minutes ago, Eps001 said:

I don't know who or where to ask this but: 

Do we personally have to put in the "Mature 17+" tag in the video ourselves or will it be added to the 25-second video afterwards?

Meaning this tag: Screenshot_104.png

Also, do we personally have to edit the "Warframe" outro into the end of the video ourselves, or will it also be added after the 25-second video is made? 

"Warframe outro" meaning: UDOf83ppSNaofcV0d-73-Q.png

No. The winning trailers will have that information added once they receive the raw footage. Same thing goes with text.

Having watched all the submissions so far, I think people are pretty unclear on the rules. Quite a few are going to be disqualified for various reasons.

I have a few questions because if I participate I'd rather not be disqualified:

How much video editing is allowed? Is it meant to be only clips of ingame footage edited together or can we alter the video itself for artistic reasons/fancy scene transitions?

Is the entire music soundtrack from from the game permitted or only the 24 songs from the Bandcamp page?

Since this contest is "no purchase necessary" is there somewhere we can get the music to use for free?

1 hour ago, Syvarin said:

Having watched all the submissions so far, I think people are pretty unclear on the rules. Quite a few are going to be disqualified for various reasons.

I have a few questions because if I participate I'd rather not be disqualified:

How much video editing is allowed? Is it meant to be only clips of ingame footage edited together or can we alter the video itself for artistic reasons/fancy scene transitions?

Is the entire music soundtrack from from the game permitted or only the 24 songs from the Bandcamp page?

Since this contest is "no purchase necessary" is there somewhere we can get the music to use for free?

I second this question, a statement from a DE staff would be greatly appreciated on behalf of all the contestants.

Edit: What does "Your Warframe Forum Submission" on the google form mean? Like the link to our post or what?

Edited by hamburgercrisis

7 minutes ago, hamburgercrisis said:

I second this question, a statement from a DE staff would be greatly appreciated on behalf of all the contestants.

We are 3, im not going to add many fancy things on the video but there are a lot of music in the game, i wanted to use some of them that may not be included on the bandcamp page