The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discrimination against founders.

VenomousValentine

11 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Assuming, that people assume - stay classy.

The thing is, that the only fast and reliable way for someone to know that you are founder in game and be rude based on that is for you to state it. In order for this to happen enough times in order for you to mention "discrimination", something is reaaaaaaaly wrong.

Or for them to look at my profile, or to see how many trades I have.

Just now, VenomousValentine said:

Or for them to look at my profile, or to see how many trades I have.

In order for someone to open your profile to begin with, there must be some sort of interaction that prompts that. This is outside of the fact that generally the average Warframe player does not even know what is the deal with the Founder program, and even less with the extra trades.

So in order for someone to call you out and crap upon you for that :
1. One must know that it exists and how to spot it (for reference, I would not even check your trades)
2. One must give attention to your specific profile - you have drawn attention in the game or in chat somehow.
3. One must have a reason to even interact with you.

If all of this has happened, without you doing anything bad - there is ignore/support.
But if the case is :

"Hello there, I have this, this and that opinion and back it up due to my founder status" - yes, there is a case to be made that you have goofed up. 
Mind you I don't give a *clem* about your status or the program. You have participated in a program, you have your exclusive rewards. That's it.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

In order for someone to open your profile to begin with, there must be some sort of interaction that prompts that. This is outside of the fact that generally the average Warframe player does not even know what is the deal with the Founder program, and even less with the extra trades.

So in order for someone to call you out and crap upon you for that :
1. One must know that it exists and how to spot it (for reference, I would not even check your trades)
2. One must give attention to your specific profile - you have drawn attention in the game or in chat somehow.
3. One must have a reason to even interact with you.

If all of this has happened, without you doing anything bad - there is ignore/support.
But if the case is :

"Hello there, I have this, this and that opinion and back it up due to my founder status" - yes, there is a case to be made that you have goofed up. 
Mind you I don't give a *clem* about your status or the program. You have participated in a program, you have your exclusive rewards. That's it.

Ok but I don't do that.

I would never use my founder status as a backing for my opinions, or for bragging rights, or good boy points or whatever.

I never mention it unless it's already the topic at hand.

Just now, VenomousValentine said:

I don't know. Sometimes I say nothing and they mention it, Sometimes I'm playing excal, sometimes I'm having a discussion about what I think is good in the game and what's bad (In a reasonable non toxic manner) and people get uppity about my opinions.

1. Where do you say nothing, I find it hard to believe that someone pursues you in game only in order to be toxic (and in that scenario you report the player, same for forum).
2. I can't speak for everyone, only for me. But I have ran over prime excalibros on multiple occasions without even registering them. The visuals are not as "standing out" as Ember Prime, Trinity Prime or anything else, so the only way for a normal player to register you is either to hug your face or pause the game.
3. Context - people don't go "uppity" without reasons. 

Again OP, if someone goes for your status, it is due to it being low handing fruit and that person is already biased.  Trolls and toxic people being what they are is not "discriminating".

8 hours ago, Feffog said:

good idea, only us founders should get umbra by sacrificing him. brilliant.

Probably thats not what the comment meant. It means that founders should get it ONLY if they sacrifice Umbra whereas others would get it just like that (through quest or grind whatever).

One of the problems is that some Founders are themselves incredibly Toxic towards regular players.

I myself have been in games where a founder has been acting like an entitled jackass, and while I know that not all Founders are like this all it takes is a vocal Toxic few who flaunt their Founder status while being an A hole that gives other members of the community a bad impression of them as a whole.

Edited by Nova73

3 hours ago, Dead_Rabbits said:

At least once a week someone will notice my excal prime glyph,tell me to go f myself then host migrate.

Magical times.

Which region? I play in Europe and not once has anyone given my crap about being founder.

I personally don't have any problems with founders just because they're founders, but I did realize that at least 4 out of 10 people who insult me for no reason are founders. Most of which were acting high and mighty.

Founders are a part of the reasons why this game even made it this far, but in the end the founder status is also a status symbol, which some people like to abuse.

10 hours ago, VenomousValentine said:

I see a lot of people being really toxic to founders for no good reason. I'm a founder myself and most of the time I'm always willing to help new players and be nice unless the person I'm talking to was being rude first.

You make a simple mistake "Heh, guess being a founder doesn't mean you have skill lol"

You suggest something you'd like to see in the game "Why don't you go give DE more money to change the game how you want it :^)"

People have been saying founders shouldn't be allowed to get umbra because they have prime, which would be absurd to punish someone for supporting the game in its infancy.

And as well as all that I've had people be just outright awful to me for being a founder because they met one entitled founder before that acted like hot S#&$ and they think all founders are like that.

I don't even play my excal prime because every time I do I get a load of drama in the chat without even saying anything.

It's ridiculous.

Why are you such a marshmallow? People's opinion of you only matter if you let it.

9 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I personally don't have any problems with founders just because they're founders, but I did realize that at least 4 out of 10 people who insult me for no reason are founders. Most of which were acting high and mighty.

Founders are a part of the reasons why this game even made it this far, but in the end the founder status is also a status symbol, which some people like to abuse.

Haven't seen this kind of founders either, just have to ask you too which region do you play in? :S

Had I known that it would be the only prime frame in the game and weapon set that you couldn't eventually buy, I would have gotten it myself at the time. Part of me is bitter about it but whatever. I never, ever, give people crap for it though - that just seems silly. Maybe people being jealous I guess.

I have gotten flak many times for doing something stupid and dying and being high MR though. That happens consistently when I freshly return to the game and am rusty trying to learn the ropes again.

15 hours ago, Vs-Anna- said:

everytime i see excalibur prime i give em respect for keeping this awesome game, *salute you*

but...  just ignore em just because so on so on founder something shouldn't deserve or so on, i say founder should have umbra by sacrificing excalibur prime (founder option choice) but you don't have to.

!

that's a stupid idea......like why should they sacrifice it ? what are we sacrificing ? something we didn't pay 50-200$ for?