Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] About the Plains of Eidolon subforum

[DE]Danielle

UPDATE 22: Plains of Eidolon is now LIVE on Xbox One and PS4! We have created this temporary subforum dedicated to all things Plains of Eidolon feedback and bug reporting for Xbox One and PS4. As always, we appreciate all your constructive feedback and hope you enjoy the Update! 

If you haven't yet, take a gander at the Update notes for more info!

XB1: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/878849-xb1-warframe-update-22-plains-of-eidolon/

PS4: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/878860-ps4-warframe-update-22-plains-of-eidolon/

Edit: Derp fixed 😊

FOCUS 2.0 question- 

Download was smooth no issues, super HYPE for this update, all of the focus farming and time invested into zenurik over the last few months prepping for today. At the start up screen and my son (sharing my excitement) quickly clicked thru and unknowingly selected Naramon as my primary focus school for which I have carried over “0” focus. I now have to unlock zenerik node by node in order to utilize the 1.5million+ focus I have there?

I’m not totally solid on the process, but I hope I don’t have to use a brilliant shard each time I want to unlock a zenerik focus node on top of the focus cost per node to unlock, or is that just to utilize specific nodes?  Or is it as before, 50k focus to unlock the tree and it can be filled as you progress?

Talk about a buzzkill. Any insight will be appreciated. 

Edited by (PS4)IONIC14

13 hours ago, (PS4)IONIC14 said:

Edit: Derp fixed 😊

FOCUS 2.0 question- 

Download was smooth no issues, super HYPE for this update, all of the focus farming and time invested into zenurik over the last few months prepping for today. At the start up screen and my son (sharing my excitement) quickly clicked thru and unknowingly selected Naramon as my primary focus school for which I have carried over “0” focus. I now have to unlock zenerik node by node in order to utilize the 1.5million+ focus I have there?

I’m not totally solid on the process, but I hope I don’t have to use a brilliant shard each time I want to unlock a zenerik focus node on top of the focus cost per node to unlock, or is that just to utilize specific nodes?  Or is it as before, 50k focus to unlock the tree and it can be filled as you progress?

Talk about a buzzkill. Any insight will be appreciated. 

You'd still have to unlock Zenurik node by node.  The only difference is that you also had to spend an initial cost to unlock Zenurik as a tree.

Also, Brilliant Eidolon Shards are only needed to unlock the passive waybounds (there are 2 in each school).  Doing this allows them to be used regardless of what focus you are currently using.  For example, if you fully unlock Mind Step in Naramon (increases operator speed) and then spend the Brilliant Shard on it, it becomes available for use when you run Zenurik or any other school.

Hi, 

Yesterday I was super hyped with plains of eidolon, and happy to say that i had no problems with downloading nor installing update.

One thing is troubling my mind though, and i hope its not because i have a "fat" ps4 since i haven't read anywhere that this update was for ps4 pro only.

As soon as i enter cetus and the same on plains the clipping/ framedrop is horrible and as beautiful as the scenery is the immersion ended for me. I ended up returning to good old fashioned maps from warframe just because i couldn't enjoy plains of eidolon with such clunky videoplay... My eyes where hurting after just half an hour.

Is it just me or is it something waiting for a fix... It should be alot smoother no?

is plains basicly just a BIG "open world" mission... Like all the others but less coridors .. when you go into the plains it's still just 4 people ( if you're in a group) . Also this arching launcher is just for people in a clan and on frickin charges, if you're a casual player and dont farm too much you'll have to be very carefull not to overuse your charges or you'll need to farm for ages to get new charges 

[FEEDBACK] - please make dialogue skippable. 

You can put a button command for every line of spoken text that let's us read and hit again to go to the next piece of dialogue/text. 

It's super annoying to have to sit through the entire thing, especially for people like me, that play in short bursts (working dads). :-)

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Fragmintz42 said:

[FEEDBACK] - please make dialogue skippable. 

You can put a button command for every line of spoken text that let's us read and hit again to go to the next piece of dialogue/text. 

It's super annoying to have to sit through the entire thing, especially for people like me, that play in short bursts (working dads). :-)

YES!  Please make this a thing!

So here is my feedback, love the game and the update but I have some concerns: 

1. Lots of lag and bugs, even graphical. Special bleeding effects get stuck on the warframe, bounties failed etc. 

2. The bounties are just not worth it, the rewards are bad. Why can’t we select several bounties at once? Or select a relic to open? 

3. Zaw weapons is dissapointing. No reusable bp’s and it just cost to much to purchase stuff, mix that with the level cap per day and it will take ages. 

4. Fishing is fun but right now that is why I do because you level up faster by fishing than missions/bounties. 

5. The giant robots look like a lot of fun, I’ve engaged some BUT it’s so boring playing as the operator. We have these warframe with great supers and Guns, it’s so fun trying warframes and just pure action but no you have to switch to this little weak kid to be able to take on the giants? 

I want to use my warframe, they kick &#!. The operator and focus system is what concerns me the most. You feel like a superhero with your warframe and it’s a lot of fun. The operator is just so boring, it slows down the action, plus the powers are worthless. To level up the quill and the focus is just boring and to much work. 

This is keeping me from engaging the giants and just ruins the POE experience. 

How big of a role will the operator have in the future? Make them more powerful at least or more fun to play with. The action slows down too much. 

1. PoE feels like a very nice update to me. Although the grind is real, it will add all the more hours of gameplay and I find fishing, mining and bounties actually very fun so far.

2. There is a significant amount of lag (at times) and the run back to the gates of Cetus after you finish business in PoE  is a little bit tedious. Having your Archwing at your disposal from day one would be a nice QoL improvement rather then using consumables to launch. Either that or maybe even a 'teleport' back to the gate ?

3. The Focus system is a little dissapointing in comparisson with the OP Zenurik and Naramon trees from before.( I so exploited that invis on crit from before) Altough I absolutely love the new Naramon node that slowly decays your melee combocounter. Finally I get to keep my melee multiplier in between waves during defense etc etc.

4. I'm not exactly sure how my operator is supposed to fit in all the combat properly. Compared to my tuned to %$# warframe, my operator feels like a fat kid with a water pistol. Tried to hit bits and pieces off of an Eidolon but where my Graced Inaros facetanks  everything, my operator doesn't even appear to scratch the paint. Void Mode, Void Dash and that 3 second water ray aren't exactly considered 'powerful' abilities by yours truly. Maybe beef them up a little ?

5. PoE's open map is like gods gift to Kubrows, kitties and chargers, Please for the life of me start buffing those pets DE. I have been stuck on my carrier from day one. Gimme a bloody reason to break out my lotus kubrow out there in PoE.

One of my biggest gripe about PoE is you can't pause the game in solo (probably because you can't 'stop' the day/night progression).  This is a real bummer since you can't take a break to respond to friend's help, messages, real life situations (pizza man is at the door!), etc.

The other gripe is how broken the squad integrity is when exiting Cetus into the plains.  Many times, different people from the squad would disconnect and not return to the squad when we load in the Plains.  The best strategy is still to load into Plains by yourself, then start inviting your squad members.

A few other annoying bugs like randomly being stuck behind the doors/gates loading forever.  One of our squad mates lost her hard fought Brilliant Shard and all loot because of this after we returned.

The grind is real though, even with the 2X Resource boosters.

As for Bounties:

• Possibly the worst (higher tier) bounty rewards for me (veteran player) is getting an Axi relic.  Grrr..... 
  • The time needed to defend the Armored Vault (3 mins) is way too long.  Half that would be nice.
  • The drop re-supply mission can sometimes not spawn enough enemies, esp. if one other squad member is somewhere else fishing, etc. A friend and me spent 2 mins scurrying around the radius of operations to trying to find and kill enemies to drop the beacon to no avail.  When we finally got the first 2 resupply drops, the 3rd one then took forever to find and kill again, and by then, the timer expired and we failed the bounty. :(

And a last plea, can we just get rid of the convergence orb thingy once and for all.  Nothing more annoying that focusing on your bounty mission, then having to run/climb to some ridiculous sniper tower just to get the convergence orb.  No fun. :(

Oh, and can we please add the day/night cycle time left on the HUD?  Pretty pretty please?!

Edited by (PS4)vinster
Day/Night cycle comment.

Not sure why, but I tried the highest ranked bounty for the first time today and went smoothly until phase 3. 

In phase 3 I had to sabotage a few items but it made me kill a bunch of enemies first. No biggie. Afterward the marker told me to run across the open world but when I left the zone it told me I was "abandoning the objective". After stalling for a minute and seeing another timer ticking away if I stayed idle too long in the zone, I decided to head to the marker since that was my only indication of what to do and the objective was still at "0/3".

I left the zone, failed, was prompted to start over again :\. Wasn't really very fun so I backed out.

This is obviously a bug, but doesn't bode well for multi-stage, time intensive missions that can just slip out from your grasp without warning. I'll wait until next update to try again, I hear some economy changes are coming too and I'd rather try PoE after the QoL stuff lands.

Great stuff so far though, I just don't want to sink time and not get a return. 

[FEEDBACK] - I believe the Cetus Wisp award could be taken out of bounties considering that you can get 60 at night with a booster if you really tried - just leave and enter the plains until daylight. 

Because PoE is a resource heavy update, I don’t like getting Axi relics for the top tier bounty. Instead, swap out the relics for a rare fish resource (i.e. Norg brain, Glappid, etc). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

DE about PoE. Actual Great in the overall view and definitely looking forward for some positive evolment in this direction as maybe also new Open Zones. Yet here some observations which are a bit bothersome.

First of all: ARCHWING:

As soon it was announced, my excitement reached new heights just to think about to fly over the plains. Unfortunate even with the plague star update arriving, hopes didn't came alive and just disappointment stays.

The points:

Why not let us use our normal Archwing arsenal? Why weaken them to be one shot? And this pull down to the surface getting in shot range of the enemy if you just want to overfly them to reach point B faster?

Why you suspensed the normal AW weapons? Did you feared we would be too strong for the poor Grineer? A new Tenno either doesn't have a well forma'd Archwing with weapons. A normal maxed out frame with his arsenal cut's through the Grineer ranks with ease already solo, in a team of veterans even the highest bounty is child play, so why not having the full power of an Archwing? In addition with this weakend state One salvo from an Anti-air Tower, Mortar Grineer or Hellion, just downs you!!!! That's ridiculous, if you do in Space, Uranus wave 20 solo, without even one time downed and here your are One Shot with an Eltryon with over thousand Shield, Health and even with Amesha's full protection mode they are taking you from the skies like nothing. And this already with low lvl enemies 10 to 15. So you can imagine how frustrating this is. Also why not having AW melee if you can fly atop the ground? Just give us the normal AW resilience, power and fighting options please.

Were here in atmospheric conditions, so as soon we break it should be working faster. As for now we gliding over the half map, and it is impossible to break above a point even with more the 150m away of it.

On the other hand, that we can down the Grineer ships that easily with normal Frame weapons isn't good too. Like the big Bomber on occasional missions. Here's a good moment to include AW. Give us our normal AW as we are used in space and increase the Grineer Combat Aircrafts and their Transport ships. We have to take them on in air, also maybe a good point of reviving Heavy weapons, as an missile of an Orgris should be dealing with enemy Aircrafts one or two for smaller ones and 4 or 5 for the big birds.In a Team, one may carry a Heavygun and solo you might challenge air superiority for a while with your AW.

Also why a defence mission (Armored vault or securing the area) fails while your airborne? Just go for an higher limit and as long we have air superiority and it should count as strong as long your killing the ground troops. And at least give a warning that we close to leave the mission perimeter.

The pull down towards the surface is as much annoyoing, you want to overfly a mountain and suddenly you loose height and get on tree height, not very healthy for Pilots.Just give a flight moment as being in a box, were the height is a fix height from of the point zero (ocean lvl and equal overall on the PoE. That one might hit his head on an invisible wall in the clouds might occur, but should be better then the flying area of now, which feels that the height is measured from the AW to the ground.

To close this: From the early beginning of AW, i liked and supported this mode. But PoE AW is just not fun as this is even not AW anymore. You want to integrate AW more but you changed it now even to something different again. For the few existing Pilots, i would be glad if you can give us our standard AW and flight controls back.

Bounties:

May it be pssoible to chose either multiple Bounties or having an alternative outside on the PoE? This Get out on the PoE, back in Cetus, back out on the PoE is time consuming and breaks the fun part of staying on the plains.Either choosing multiple ones and the highest Enemy lvl be the one on the plains or that on the Plains the Areas in the bountie will spawn the Enemies of the required lvl. Also provide a mission timer for the bountiy between the waypoints. If I want to fish or mine, i choose a bounty, do relaxations as long as i want without being bother by our incursions, guess that was not really our idea, or was it?

Incursion:

As the incursions, slower the frequency of their appearance but heighten the reward of reputation and resources. Some times you just want to fish relax, mine etc but even before you find a good spot, an incursions is announced and the messages of the Lotus are definitely not augmenting your mood when you ignore it.

Operator:

The Focus seems interesting, and yet have to developp it complete, which is slow, to see how combat fit our operator really can be. Yet why not let us act more in the PoE jst as operator? Mean fishing, mining? Is odd that an normal Oestrons can do it, but our operator seems to be to weak or what?

Let's see how combat/sneak skilled the Operator will become later on. Farther field studies to been made.

PoE integrated?

For me, no it's not integrated. Cetus and PoE were suddenly there without having a long ahead introduction that their might be something like this, nor is what we doing on the PoE and in Cetus, relevant to the rest of the system, including that the different Fractions. Foremost Perrin and New Loka should have an interest to establish connections to Cetus, marketing and preserving natural environment like earth (having maybe outside of the plains like Steel Meridian an base camp then? Fraction bounties or Fractions mission on the plains, also including PoE in the Sorties, might integrate it more. Even including the Archwing mission in earths orbit to discover the plains (unlooking the quest) and the intel gathered their to receive sabotage mission to disrupt Grineer mission on the PoE or receiving standing in Cetus.

Since Griner capturing Oestrons, Why not receiving bounties outside of Cetus and the PoE, Rescuing an Oestron which had been deported to one of the Galeons in Earths Orbit. Or replacing the standard Lotus agent which one from Cetus?  Also ever heard about Orbital strikes? Why not having an occasional event including the PoE and AW to fight and Sabotage the Galeon (Normal or/and AW) to protect PoE and Cetus by annulating the Orbital strike?

Also including the PoE as the doorstep to start the Raid against Vay hek?

As for now, regardless of welcoming it, the PoE and Cetus are just another microcosmos inside the WF Sol) :/

Orientation on the PoE

The PoE itself have a lot a big recognition points to orientate yourself apart of the mission waypoint. Yet a small bar on the top of the screen with the windrose(North, East, South, Ouest) would be a small but fine addition for navigating, also for AW.

A lot of other observations from other Tenno's were been made, if my observations had been announced already just look at it as an reminder.

Looking forward to future ideas and game development from your part DE. By the way, great job with WF to what it has evolved till now, glad too be a Tenno which could witness all this from the early stage.

Best regards

Edited by (PS4)Firedragooner

A few more PoE bugs (console 22.3.5 update and Plague Star):

• Eidolons still go invisible.  Happened to me on solo after I busted the first limb.
  • Lures will sometimes get stuck near some rocks or cliff.  Pressing 'hold' and then 'follow' will sometimes get it back to follow.
  • All focus points gained during convergence are not given while in Archwing on PoE and the convergence orb timer expires while flying. So sad. :(
  • As a client in a squad, weapon switching is very laggy and sometimes bugs out especially during the Plague Star boss battle.  Eg. I can't switch to my Zenistar and throw it, or I can't switch back to my primary/secondary after repeated pressing of 'Triangle'.  After some time, it will switch back.  As a host, it's no problem.
  • For some bounty missions, a tusk roller sometimes is stuck or will refuse to move and it is outside of the yellow bounty mission circle.  When you go outside the yellow circle to try to kill it, your bounty fails. :(  If you have a line of sight to kill the stupid roller from the yellow area, you're fine.  But sometimes it is stuck behind a cliff and you're then doomed.
  • For 'Liberate the camp' bounty, sometimes you can fail since enemies will spawn inside/under the cave and you have no idea that they need to be cleared.  Suggest to highlight said enemies if the control is over 50% so you can take action quickly.