Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make void dash work EXACTLY like bullet jump

(PSN)Elvenbane

It's easy and fluid to bullet jump across the entire width and breadth of the plains, but void dash (which uses the same button inputs) remains awkward.

In order to reliably void dash I find that I need to first depress and hold the trigger, wait, then press jump. It really interrupts the flow of combat, energizing dash has soured an otherwise good update for me.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It's easy and fluid to bullet jump across the entire width and breadth of the plains, but void dash (which uses the same button inputs) remains awkward.

In order to reliably void dash I find that I need to first depress and hold the trigger, wait, then press jump. It really interrupts the flow of combat, energizing dash has soured an otherwise good update for me.

I've noticed this as well.  If you don't wait you end up just jumping in the air and not void dashing.  It's always been like this unfortunately.  I had hoped it would get better with this update.

For me it's almost impossible to do it. I'm used to the controls from hundreds of Kuva farming runs, but the void dash simply won't function due to the delay before you need to press A. I either end up with no reaction at all or I get invisible... The same immediate jump as before would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Kuhl MC said:

For me it's almost impossible to do it. I'm used to the controls from hundreds of Kuva farming runs, but the void dash simply won't function due to the delay before you need to press A. I either end up with no reaction at all or I get invisible... The same immediate jump as before would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

It never worked better on PS4, it just didn't matter to me. Now with PoE I'm trying to use this horrid energizing dash ability and it's a big problem.

Completely agree. Was just complaining about this with two other people. It's also awkward on PC, but the poor performance of the console version makes all these input issues ten times worse. Void Dash should not require Void Mode to be active, it should just be dependent on the Void Mode input being held. You went to great lengths to fix exactly this problem in U17, DE.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It never worked better on PS4, it just didn't matter to me. Now with PoE I'm trying to use this horrid energizing dash ability and it's a big problem.

It did, even at the PS4 it is slower now. Did countless kuva runs and it was not great but now it is really annoying.

On November 15, 2017 at 7:38 PM, (Xbox One)Kuhl MC said:

Huh, I was Google-searching everywhere because I thought void dash was gated as of PoE but really it's because when I finally become a void dash ace, they go and slow it down so much that it won't work after the update?

It works the same but is on a "press-hold-depress" duration trigger?  Did I read that right? 

Why?  Are they using this as a tactic to incentivize skill tree investment to speed it up?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73