Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The devs are not going to rework the scythes, are they?

FumezSunca

I understand the need of new content, but is not ok to leave the old one forgotten...

There are 2 new upcoming melee weapons categories : fans and japanese greatswords(odachi)

The new infested "scythe" can be officialy named a sickle because that handle is not even 1 meter long.That handle can be used for swords,daggers,machete but not for scythes.

Edited by FumezSunca

Well, there are other weapon classes that need more love TBH. They already gave the scythes a balance pass (crit-related, almost all of them). Yeah, not the best, but it'll do for now.

Besides, dual daggers are still...ugh...horrible (someone correct me otherwise). Daggers are usually covert lethality-dependent. Sword are limited to a select few being used (alert-only swords are garbage). Dark-split sword is the only 2-in-1, but not exactly the one you can change "on the fly."

tl;dr buff others before scythes (again)

1 minute ago, Raynalle said:

scythes are already good actually, but  the very limitated range make them useless compare to other weapon, if they can be just more fast than the other ( except dagger) i pretty sure people will use them more.

It s not about the damage.If you look at the stats of Hate,they re really good.The range and the stances are a problem.

I do hope Scythes get a rework- and a new stance. In fact, most of the old stances are... kinda terrible if you look at the body mechanics. Too much flash and twirling, not enough 'go for the kill with believable movements'. And a bit of a reach increase would be appreciated -I know we have Reach and Primed Reach, but they shouldn't be necessities, just QoL upgrades.

2 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

did i ever talk about damage?

i talk about speed, hate is good but too slow, for scythes have big range is just  impossible, but if they put more speed they can be a lot more fun to use and more interesting to use

I was saying the damage is already good.When I said "rework" I said rework the attack animations and increase the range.

My fault btw...I did not mentioned about what s good and what s bad about them.

Edited by FumezSunca

Just now, FumezSunca said:

I was saying the damage is already good.When I said "rework" I said rework the attack animations and increase rhe range.

if that is the only thing you care is not gonna happen, stalking fan have already a good range for such a  a tiny weapon, a metere of handle? cute, and like i said before those are scythes not orthos prime, is like want the dagger to have big range is not gonna happen.

if that is the only thing you care is not gonna happen, stalking fan have already a good range for such a  a tiny weapon, a metere of handle? cute, and like i said before those are scythes not orthos prime, is like want the dagger to have big range is not gonna happen.

So, for you a scythe having a "cute" handle is ok.

15 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

but  the very limitated range make them useless compare to other weapon, 

Even you complained about them having a very limited range and now you re saying they shouldn t be "Orthos Prime".

Just now, FumezSunca said:

So, for you a scythe having a "cute" handle is ok.

Even you complained about them having a very limited range and now you re saying they shouldn t be "Orthos Prime".

no

never complain about that, if i say dagger don't have the same range of an orthos prime i'm complain abou the dagger being too short range or just say "dagger have a shorter range"?

pretty different, and when i said cute, i mean a meter of handle is nothing, you can't use such a tiny weapon like a galatine prime ( i'm not complain about schytes being shorter range than galatine XD)

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

Scythe in this game is a bit too small...they should be at least as long as a warframe for cool factor. But the main problem is the stance, the animations just don't make sense at all...they deserve at least a new good stance.

59 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

1. Give us new scythe stance 

2. Give us two-handed long scythe

too much anime, big scythe will be treated like the orthos and have his stance not that great or cool, is a different weapon, i have a 2 handed long scythe you can build that on the event, use the stance of the tipedo, and it make sense the 2 handed scythe use those stance, is different than a normal one, like 2 handed sword, the stance on the scyte is normal too, after all who the hell use scyte anyway, i understand katana but a scyte is too anime XD

4 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

too much anime, big scythe will be treated like the orthos and have his stance not that great or cool, is a different weapon, i have a 2 handed long scythe you can build that on the event, use the stance of the tipedo, and it make sense the 2 handed scythe use those stance, is different than a normal one, like 2 handed sword, the stance on the scyte is normal too, after all who the hell use scyte anyway, i understand katana but a scyte is too anime XD

You know Kama, it's how exactly a small scythe should be used (like a machete). Now the "scythes" we have ain't looking cool and have poor animations also. I'd rather they use machete stance, at least they make more sense. Now they are being used like a single hand sword and have very short reach. And no a 2 handed scythe is not used like a staff weapon...why'd you even use them like a polearm? They aren't one in the first place.

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

You know Kama, it's how exactly a small scythe should be used (like a machete). Now the "scythes" we have ain't looking cool and have poor animations also. I'd rather they use machete stance, at least they make more sense. Now they are being used like a single hand sword and have very short reach. And no a 2 handed scythe is not used like a staff weapon...why'd you even use them like a polearm? They aren't one in the first place.

2 handed scyte are in game, only one for now the infected zaw that's why.

machete stace are even worse, if you like them more than the stance of the scythes i don't really see your point here, no every weapon can have nuke stance for attack 30 enemy at the same time or make you move for all the map in second, if they ca be faster than other weapon with the same damage they have now and same range, they will be a better idea than a single handed sword.

2 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

2 handed scyte are in game, only one for now the infected zaw that's why.

machete stace are even worse, if you like them more than the stance of the scythes i don't really see your point here, no every weapon can have nuke stance for attack 30 enemy at the same time or make you move for all the map in second, if they ca be faster than other weapon with the same damage they have now and same range, they will be a better idea than a single handed sword.

Worse? No..the new Cyclone Kraken is arguably one of the best stance in this game so far, no joke, with good animations and very good bonus damage. The old Sundering Weave have very good animations also. You should try it out, if you have the stance, coz I'm pretty sure you just didn't try it through.

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

Worse? No..the new Cyclone Kraken is arguably one of the best stance in this game so far, no joke, with good animations and very good bonus damage. The old Sundering Weave have very good animations also. You should try it out, if you have the stance, coz I'm pretty sure you just didn't try it through.

i don't care is not what we are here talking about, we talking about scythe and range/speed, the stance for me are good so maybe, " You should try it out, if you have the stance, coz I'm pretty sure you just didn't try it through. "

do this make sense for you? is not stance problem is people watching too much anime and want a giant scythe who can make you fly around the map the problem... and said it like that is kinda interesting to see, but for a warframe universe... i don't know is wayyyyyyy to force it, a big sword meh is not that weird they really existe... a gian scythe used to fight...? never see one other than the farm field xD

6 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

i don't care is not what we are here talking about, we talking about scythe and range/speed, the stance for me are good so maybe, " You should try it out, if you have the stance, coz I'm pretty sure you just didn't try it through. "

do this make sense for you? is not stance problem is people watching too much anime and want a giant scythe who can make you fly around the map the problem... and said it like that is kinda interesting to see, but for a warframe universe... i don't know is wayyyyyyy to force it, a big sword meh is not that weird they really existe... a gian scythe used to fight...? never see one other than the farm field xD

The problem IS the stance is clearly not good, or just bad. The stat of our scythes are pretty good actually, but the stance killed the whole category...And what's ironic is the stance are the most "anime" thing coz none of its animation makes sense and it's pure impractical even for a sci-fic game. And you should know war scythe is a transition of the giant scythes for farming right? Yes it was a weapon for farmers in the earliest time.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

The problem IS the stance is clearly not good, or just bad. The stat of our scythes are pretty good actually, but the stance killed the whole category...And what's ironic is the the stance are the most "anime" thing coz none of its animation makes sense. And you should know war scythe is a transition of the giant scythes for farming right? Yes it was a weapon for farmers in the earliest time.

is not anime is a way of fight with the weapon, the weapon are the one who became too anime like, and big scythes are way too anime, already use scythes in general is weird but you know, ninja game, giant one are just too much, the stance of the scythe are not bad, go with speed and more than attack all the weak one attack the tank one, the teammate will e happy and you will be able to use that weapon.

but no one really like the scythe this is the point, scythe or big sword? come on mate people like the other one more, katana (or next big katana) or scythe? i understand is a farm game so scythe are the best but... no one like them even before use stance or see the range.

is not anime is a way of fight with the weapon, the weapon are the one who became too anime like, and big scythes are way too anime, already use scythes in general is weird but you know, ninja game, giant one are just too much, the stance of the scythe are not bad, go with speed and more than attack all the weak one attack the tank one, the teammate will e happy and you will be able to use that weapon.

but no one really like the scythe this is the point, scythe or big sword? come on mate people like the other one more, katana (or next big katana) or scythe? i understand is a farm game so scythe are the best but... no one like them even before use stance or see the range.

So you want to argue nobody use a giant scythe to fight irl but somebody will use a war scythe like we do in Warframe? Ok let's just leave this problem for now, speed is just a very small part of the problem, Scythe stance offer poor bonus damage and the stance clearly not make use of their supposedly longer reach as a 2h weapon...it's clear that it can use a better stance other than the current 2. I mean, if they're really good scythes would have been a much more popular weapon than now they are.

6 hours ago, Raynalle said:

I am fairly certain NO ONE uses a gunblade (redeemer and sarpa), a spiked club made of ice, or chainsaw blade gauntlets to fight, but warframe does. That is just talking about melee weapons. I am also certain no one except in sci-fi uses a giant laser cannon as a weapon either or a pump action shotgun that shots waves of radiation.

So that argument of "no one but anime uses big scythes" is hardly a problem at all.

On 18.11.2017 at 12:44 PM, FumezSunca said:

I understand the need of new content, but is not ok to leave the old one forgotten...

There are 2 new upcoming melee weapons categories : fans and japanese greatswords(odachi)

The new infested "scythe" can be officialy named a sickle because that handle is not even 1 meter long.That handle can be used for swords,daggers,machete but not for scythes.

It is not even a sickle anymore if you use the plague grip aswell, it is a freaking meat hook.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea scythes need a new stance at the very least and maybe a range boost. They simply do not measure up to other melee weapons in their current state. I would love to use the new scythe skin on my hate with nekros but it’s just so impractical when compared to other weapons.