Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunter Munitions is a good start : now we got buff for pure crit primary, can DE take a look at raw damage weapons next ?

Doomsknightmare

We all know raw damage / pure crit build weapons fall short in high level endgame where Proc is the king, so I'm glad that DE give us Hunter Munitions which is a huge buff for many crit only primary weapons.

So what's next ? A new mod for raw damage weapons of course ! Tiberon(almost non-existent crit / status chance...), Sobek(might be a bit controversal, but Sobek is such a weirdo that can't achieve 100% stuatus chance even if u got an insane Riven, which means it would be better if u just build it for raw damage rather than stutus), Seer (literally non-exist crit + poor status chance) Fang Prime (one of the worst Prime weapon out there...) etc

So what kind of mods would save these poor souls ? 

1. A new mod that allows you to increase crit / status chance at the cost of status / crit chance. This mod will help weapons like Sancti Tigris : it can achieve 100% status chance at the cost of losing its 15% crit chance which is good for it)

2. Weapon exclusive mods for those have neither crit nor status. A good example is Entropy Burst, which makes Supra (Vandal) endgame viable. Another good example is Thermagnetic Shells which kinda revives Detron.

i had a thread about this, posted 4 ideas there. ill just post 3 here too in a nutshell:

1: high, locked crit dmg. basically you wouldnt be able to increase the crit dmg but it would be very high already giving more power to the weapon and giving an extra mod slot sice you dont need vital sense anymore.

2: medium, locked crit dmg. same thing as above except crit dmg would be somewhat lower AND crit damage mods would increase crit chance instead of doing nothing.

3: status chance mods increases crit chance and crit chance mods increases status chance too. so both crit chance and status chance would scale with both crit and status

Edited by Cicasajt

Each successive hit that is not critical or status based, increases one of those stats by its base value until it procs once with say, insane efficiency? Like successive hits increasing base Crit Chance until when it does Crit, its base Crit Damage is also increased for that shot (or the next X amount of shots). Then the added crit chance and damage drains slowly over time and only re-activates once the effect fully wears off. This sounds like it would be pretty good for a Supra Vandal build.

Edited by ViolettaFoxx

So in order to make non status/crit weapons viable, just turn them into status/crit weapons with a band-aid mod? I dunno about that...

Maybe it is just me, but I would rather have balance to status/crit/base-damage weapons rather than band-aids. Or at least make it so they all act different (Hunter Munitions does not turn crit weapons into status, it just makes crits themselves potent in end-game without buffing them in early-mid game) with similar end result effectiveness.

5 hours ago, TKDancer said:

well they already mentioned a possible nerf/change to slash so, hunters munition could become useless on non-slash crit weapons if that comes thru

I would hope not. The whole point of Hunter munitions is to proc slash on weapons that don't have much slash damage and/or have a low proc chance. If the slash proc from Hunter Munitions scaled off how much slash damage the weapon does, the mod really would be useless. I have to hope that DE realizes that.

15 minutes ago, ArbitUHM said:

I would hope not. The whole point of Hunter munitions is to proc slash on weapons that don't have much slash damage and/or have a low proc chance. If the slash proc from Hunter Munitions scaled off how much slash damage the weapon does, the mod really would be useless. I have to hope that DE realizes that.

i also hope they dont go forward with that, and instead just buff impact/puncture to the same place where slash is at

6 hours ago, TKDancer said:

i also hope they dont go forward with that, and instead just buff impact/puncture to the same place where slash is at

As I remember it, the changes to puncture and impact aren't really going to accomplish much except a somewhat non-justified nerf to slash because ragdolling and attack reduction do not help people kill faster.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

On 19/11/2017 at 8:00 AM, Doomsknight said:

We all know raw damage / pure crit build weapons fall short in high level endgame where Proc is the king, so I'm glad that DE give us Hunter Munitions which is a huge buff for many crit only primary weapons.

So what's next ? A new mod for raw damage weapons of course ! Tiberon(almost non-existent crit / status chance...), Sobek(might be a bit controversal, but Sobek is such a weirdo that can't achieve 100% stuatus chance even if u got an insane Riven, which means it would be better if u just build it for raw damage rather than stutus), Seer (literally non-exist crit + poor status chance) Fang Prime (one of the worst Prime weapon out there...) etc

So what kind of mods would save these poor souls ? 

1. A new mod that allows you to increase crit / status chance at the cost of status / crit chance. This mod will help weapons like Sancti Tigris : it can achieve 100% status chance at the cost of losing its 15% crit chance which is good for it)

2. Weapon exclusive mods for those have neither crit nor status. A good example is Entropy Burst, which makes Supra (Vandal) endgame viable. Another good example is Thermagnetic Shells which kinda revives Detron.

TBH all of these just need to be buffed.

One has to keep a few things in mind though:

Tiberon: It has very high base damage and it's eligible to be primed. Still doesn't justify lack of both status and crit but there you go.

Sobek: As triviality, i did the maths quite a while ago and i'm pretty sure that it can reach 100% status in a 2+ 1- Riven setup, at the cost of screwing the whole build, which takes me to my main point: Sobek is the shotgun with the fewer pellet counts, so even if it is not able to hit that sweet 100% before multi, it will still proc more reliable than other shotguns with less than 100% sc. It also already got one of the best band aid augments out there.

Fang Prime: Now this is where we run out of excuses, it is already primed, it has no crit, it has no status, it has no band aid mod (be it an augment or a weapon class mod like CL). This really needs to get a buff in Sicarus' proportions, i'm not even joking. It's a very close range melee and should be devastating, Give it crit, give it status, give it @(*()$ slash, it's a dagger.

Seer: Turn it into a grineer's Knell is all i have to say, make the first sniper pistol great.

6 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Seer: Turn it into a grineer's Knell is all i have to say, make the first sniper pistol great.

how bout make it able to get rivens with +crit chance/dmg instead, who doesnt want +200% crit chance on ur gun with 0% crit?

way better than actually making it worth a damn /s