Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On host aborting on POE

b4timert

I dont know how many people will read this or even if DE will see this but can Someone in DE just pls implement an system were if the host were to abort on POE there is an min delay or something. Im sick off it happening out off no-were. it crashes my game sometimes or i have to w8 2-3 min for game to load back in or i lose connection to the game.Its extra frustrating when it happens more than once in an row (new host also abort)

The game sessions will go on. its host that aborts, he has to wait an min before he extracts.

I forgot to say but the game also have to inform the other players that the host is trying to abort.(so an countdown start on everyone screen)

so if game crashes it will still try an host migration so it will only happen if host uses the menu to abort.

Edited by b4timert

1 minute ago, b4timert said:

The game sessions will go on. its host that aborts, he has to wait an min before he extracts.

So, the host has to wait a minute to abort? What do you expect to happen when you get a host migration in the transition zone? Because the host decided to AFK while their abort timer counts down. Basically, this solves nothing. You still get a host migration.

Because it gives you time to abort.

and im talking about the cases were you just complete an bounty then host abort an few sec after that. Then let them afk, timer is 1min 30 sec if that is what your taking about?

This just give you time to abort if you want to so i dont have to wait 2-10 min in load screens just because the host wished to abort and not extract.

1 minute ago, b4timert said:

Because it gives you time to abort.

If your intention is to hit abort or leave, why not just implement a screen on bounty end, such as on Defence missions.

Bounty Ends. Extract or Free Roam appears. People that want to Extract/Abort can. People that want to go fishing can.

You are making it far more complicated than it has to be. Why should the host (who did not pick to be host) be penalised with any unnecessary wait time to Abort the mission?

- A 1 minute or more wait is unnecessary. 

Why should he be penalised because because he wanted to save time to abort and go to do something else i get penalised to wait 2-10 min in load screens because of the combination off my pc isn't that good and that game cant handle host migration on POE.

Great he saved time and waised my time and everyone else because everyone has to load back into mission. 

it doesn't have to be an min, 30 sec is also ok, just took an min as an example.

Edited by b4timert

8 minutes ago, b4timert said:

it doesn't have to be an min, 30 sec is also ok, just took an min as an example.

Again. Your intention here has to be to abort. You cannot walk out the gates in 30 secs without the full squad. Your computer not handling PoE Host Migrations is not the hosts fault. The host should not be penalised because your computer is a toaster. If it is a massive issue, play solo, or get a premade group that wont host migrate. If you run public, you cannot really complain about it.

Again. I will tell you a better solution. Incorporate the the Defence mission Extract/Battle choice at the end of the bounty mission.

• It basically does everything you have mentioned so far. (Short timer, tells you the host wants to leave, prevent host migrations to those that did not ask for one)
  • DE already has all the resources to do this. It is just a case of sticking it in and playing around until it works. Your idea is completely new.
Edited by krc473

Your idea might be better or worse all i care about is that the problem get fixed. But how the current Def reward work it will still need to be chaned the reward in at shows on the leave stay screen. wile in bounties it shows on the play screen it will still give host an short time to abort. DE will them have to make changes to how bounty reward is given.

5 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

if you go into your operations and make your Matchmaking Ping limit to 100-150, you'll have a much higher chance of becoming host, btw.

I understand but if i do that i have to wait hours before i get games, wile playing on POE 300+ hours i only had 5-10 games were i had less than 200 ping excluding the games were im host for some reason.

7 hours ago, b4timert said:

Why should he be penalised because because he wanted to save time to abort and go to do something else i get penalised to wait 2-10 min in load screens because of the combination off my pc isn't that good and that game cant handle host migration on POE.

Great he saved time and waised my time and everyone else because everyone has to load back into mission. 

why should they get penalized because your pc is sub par? 10 mins to load is a ridiculous amount of time, maybe time to upgrade?

On 11/25/2017 at 5:38 PM, Shifty_Shuffler said:

why should they get penalized because your pc is sub par? 10 mins to load is a ridiculous amount of time, maybe time to upgrade?

It only load 10 min if the host left(aborted) on POE other wise its less than an min normally 30 sec