Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I failed a riven challenge even though I met the condition perfectly, why?

blueboy90780

Question

My riven was "Complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher enemies with the defense objective taking no damage without using energy consumables". By "energy consumables" it means all type of energy gains, including energy orbs and EV trin. That means if I were to even touch an energy orb I would fail, if I were to receive energy from other players I would also fail - the odd thing about this wording is that I am able to use my warframe ability and it won't count as a "energy consumable". So what I did was simply use a rhino with high efficiency build and an energy siphon with coaction drift placed on. I used iron skin at the start of the mission - didn't inform me of any failure, and then stayed on a zipline for the duration of the mission - this prevents me from accidently grabing any energy consumables at all.

And for some reason, at random points - it told me that I failed the mission even though I did nothing at all!, I checked the stats and it says "0% damage taken" and my iron skin was still very much active, (around 96%). It didn't fail when I recieved damage when my iron skin is activated, how come all of a sudden it fails now? I just strayed around the defense point, keeping myself safe and isolated from other players - yet I failed. Wot?!?!?

9 answers to this question

1. By energy consumables they mean energy pads, any other source of energy is acceptable.
  2. "...with the defense objective taking no damage...". It's not about you, the player, not taking damage it's the objective that you're suppose to protect.
Edited by NekroArts

hmmm well this is weird, because I (somehow miraculously) completed the riven challenge a few minutes ago - using the same method as above, and the cryopod had lost 50% of it's health by the end of the game, I was hiding behind a tall tower for the whole duration of the mission where no enemy can reach, consequently using my operator to make me invis just in case. Yet, I still manage to complete it even though the cryopod took huge amount of damage. Is this a bug?

6 minutes ago, blueboy90780 said:

hmmm well this is weird, because I (somehow miraculously) completed the riven challenge a few minutes ago - using the same method as above, and the cryopod had lost 50% of it's health by the end of the game, I was hiding behind a tall tower for the whole duration of the mission where no enemy can reach, consequently using my operator to make me invis just in case. Yet, I still manage to complete it even though the cryopod took huge amount of damage. Is this a bug?

was there a certain amount of time you were supposed to complete this task?

Defense objective is the cryopod, not you, if you take no damage but the cryopod got destroyed you fail the mission.
Even if the pod get a tiny scratch you fail the riven challenge.

You can fail a riven challenge but still clear a mission, since they don't necessary refer to the same thing.
By energy consumables I suppose it means Energy Restores, energy orbs and EV is fine.

I suppose this riven challenge means keeping enemies off the cryopod for 5 waves in level 30+ defense mission
You can try using a Globe Frost, EV Trin, Slowva (Slow Nova), with WOF Ember on dark sector defense such as Akkad, Sechura

With proper coordination the team is basically untouchable.

The use of Frost Globe is allowing enemies to close in slightly for EV trin to pick them
before nova and ember unleash hell on the crowd. Since molecular prime and world on fire would obliterate most enemies 
easily not to mention there is EV trin around to aid the spamming.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG