Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods have gone too far

Luc1fer16

33 minutes ago, Shifty_Shuffler said:

Common for who? I have never received a 75% discount, all I have ever received of note is a 50% discount once. We can't keep basing value off of people getting 75% discount, it is very narrow minded. Yeah some people get the discount, lucky them, not everybody does. So please stop basing values based around 75% plat discounts.

I kind of have a theary that it will give you more disconts the more times you use a discount. I have fond a bunch of each discont type in th epast but I usualy only use the 50 or 75% and throw 5-10 dollers at it.

On 26/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, NPC said:

To me it just seems that the ones complaining about Rivens are the salty ones who can't afford nice Rivens for their favorite weapons. 

Or maybe people who can afford to buy all the riven on this planet but still think they are a totally broken concept which destroyed in just 1 fatal blow both balance and economy of the game?

I have quite a lot of riven, you can call some of these "godly" but this does not change how broken they are, get over yourself.

5 hours ago, zornyan said:

Only one afaik and that’s eve online.

Go look up "Game Economy Designer" not only is there multiple dev studios looking for them, it's beyond doubt that any serious game with a market of any sort has hired one in the past to crunch numbers and give expected numbers.

I personally make my plat by buying veiled Rivens unveiling them rolling some a few times then selling them. I like this method of making plat. Most of the time Instead of putting forward a price i want i'll ask what the person is willing to pay for said riven. People are usually willing to pay a lot for a Riven depending on how much they want it. If someone is willing to drop 2k plat for a Riven i and others are more than happy to let them pay that. 

Also the chances of Rivens in my experience selling for over 1k plat is low. It might take a month to find someone who will buy a riven for that price. Which is why i make most of my plat from selling average to trash rivens rather than the really expensive ones. 

If you don't want to buy rivens then look for players willing to trade rivens. 

As someone with rivens for most of my used weapons (Hek, Galatine, Cernos, Akbolto, Aklex and so on), the system is crap.

The very starting point of acquisition of rivens, the dispositions and rolls are all over the place.  But hey, everyone and their mother is running Arca Plasmor (including me and my mother) - this really deserves 3 dispo right?

18 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Or maybe people who can afford to buy all the riven on this planet but still think they are a totally broken concept which destroyed in just 1 fatal blow both balance and economy of the game?

I have quite a lot of riven, you can call some of these "godly" but this does not change how broken they are, get over yourself.

You think this game had balance before rivens?

more so, why does balance even matter? We kill thousands of enemies per day, why in God’s name does it matter that someone got a mod letting them kill that enemy 0.1 second faster than you? Aside from the fact that rivens for most top tier guns are useless anyway. 

Rivens are honestly the most balancing thing they've put in the game in my opinion. They make normal weapons endgame, and the old pure set of endgame weapons even better, but far rarer to get them to that point. It's not wrecking the economy of the game at all because we the players control the economy based on what DE produces. They gave us the ability to get random super mods for random weapons while somewhat limiting the ability to get ones for super weapons. The prices are determined by the rarity and demand, the only thing DE can affect is the rarity. We the people control the demand for them. And for the super mods that practically break the game, they should by all means be rare so it limits the supply to the veterans and devoted players, not just any random player who could suddenly oneshot Vay Hek. If you want a certain riven then farm for it like you for everything else in the game, or pay DE to get the head start on that.

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

U're wrong. 

Whole idea of warframe as a gameplay standpoint is to be as powerful as possible. There are few games that give the players as much power as we are given. 

Rivens just further increase this for endgame players, their hefty pricetag and total RNG nature favor those who have nothing else to do.

Rivens have their whole own economy inside warframe economy, they're not ruining anything, or have u seen Intensify go for 500p?

I don't know why u have Rivens even though u seem to be very much against them. "aw geez, I just so darn diddly dislike this thing, but golly I must still use it." U're either a hypocrite or just dumb. 

Eh, I just buy unrolled Rivens and flip them for profit. (.w."")  

If the market is Goin nuts, just grab yer tin foil hats and ride it out.... 

Seriously,  if ya don't like the riven market then don't touch it.  It's objectively bad design wise sure but pre much anything with a noble intent can be twisted to something worse these days. Nobody is forcing you to buy these Rivens and those who do buy rolled good stats ones are often the "whales" (as much as I hate the term) who keep the game running for us who haven't spent a dime on the game. 

It's a blessing and a curse, just appreciate the lil things and take it as a blessing for now.

You're not inherently hurt for not having a riven that you want, most if not all star chart missions are more than easily cleared with all available weapons with non riven mods.

Hey bud 

It is easy to understand why the mods cost much , even if I would hate to pay that kind of price to get one :

They are worth 1k,2k or even more because it's rare to get the weapon you want + the bonus that goes with it

just try to get the "top weapon" rivens with 4X extremly usefull stats you will understand this is a really hard task , you can get these 2 k platinum by farming alot of praying god of rng for a -75% discount  and buy your platinum

Well most of the time the really expensive Rivens are for weapons that don't particularly need them, so you could just avoid them. 

I don't have a riven on any of the popular weapons (unless Burston Prime counts?), and I can do all content just fine with the likes of the Soma Prime, Opticor, Dread etc etc.

I much prefer to pick up Rivens for bad or mediocre weapons from Sorties or for up to a couple hundred plat, and see what I can do with the weapon witha Riven on it.