Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why so long on Hydroid Prime Access?

Lord_Datastorm

As a player of 4 yrs I have noticed more and more time between primes. I use to avg 77 days before 1 was put to rest the usually around a week before next prime started. Then there was the lengthy Trinity Prime run. But now here is hydroid running for 96 days when done. Hydroid Prime should have ended this week with new prime either starting this week or next. Non-Prime frames at this rate wont see a prime build for several years.

If you follow when frame was released and follow order of release and DE's M - M - F - F format, this timeline will last a very long time (90d between each):

Dec 2017: Zephyr Prime
Mar 2018: Mirage Prime
June 2018: Limbo Prime
Sept 2018: Chroma Prime
Dec 2018: Mesa Prime
Mar 2019: Equinox Prime
June 2019: Atlas Prime
Sept 2019: Wukong Prime
Dec 2019: Ivara Prime
Mar 2020: Titania Prime
June 2020: Nehza Prime
Sept 2020: Inaros Prime
Dec 2020: Nidus Prime
Mar 2021: Harrow Prime
June 2021: Octavia Prime
Sept 2021: Gara Prime
Dec 2021: Unknown Male Frame
Mar 2022: Unknown Male Frame
June 2022: Khora Prime

A real long time to wait on newer prime frames with a longer and longer rotation between prime access.

Edited by Lord_Datastorm

To be honest, a lot of the 'newest' frames such as harrow are probably close to 'prime' level in terms of performance so do they even need prime versions, hell harrows even got more 'gold' on him than most prime frames. 

Even with the old frames there's not really that much difference in most of them (yes I know there's a little buff) between their prime and non prime versions. 

So rather than worrying over the distant prime frames, just play the existing non prime versions instead...just worry about the next prime frame which is coming 'soon'. 

Just now, LSG501 said:

To be honest, a lot of the 'newest' frames such as harrow are probably close to 'prime' level in terms of performance so do they even need prime versions, hell harrows even got more 'gold' on him than most prime frames. 

Even with the old frames there's not really that much difference in most of them (yes I know there's a little buff) between their prime and non prime versions. 

So rather than worrying over the distant prime frames, just play the existing non prime versions instead...just worry about the next prime frame which is coming 'soon'. 

The chart was howing the wait, but I am concerned with the time DE is adding bwteen prime, making it longer and longer.

7 hours ago, Lord_Datastorm said:

well if you go by the reddit folks Mirage is next and I will be disappointed in DE again. Putting a Quest frame before a standard frame.

While I share your disappointment, I can understand why Mirage would come before Zephyr. It's Holiday time again so that means more buyers than earlier in the year. It makes sense to put out the more popular Warframe for a time like that. (Fairly common knowledge already so I don't have to say it but I will for the sake of the assessment.) I'd like it if they released Zephyr Prime and went on to rework her kit later (I'm sure plenty of us would) but as she is doesn't look very appealing to someone looking to spend their bonus or whatever. It's the argument some made about Oberon and Hydroid before they were revisited. A Zephyr rework is gonna take some time - time that has been spent on other ventures this year for better or worse. I want Zephyr Prime to be soar on release but man if it won't sting because of this.

As for the OP I don't really know what to say. Trinity had a pretty long stay IIRC. If anything, the problem I have is with the Vaulting and Unvaulting and that's a whole other can of worms.

Edited by (PS4)VanTX89
Mis-click - Didn't finish statement.

On 28/11/2017 at 9:44 PM, Lord_Datastorm said:

The chart was howing the wait, but I am concerned with the time DE is adding bwteen prime, making it longer and longer.

Let’s be honest here

a “prime” is just a skin, with a minor star boost that realistically doesn’t effect gameplay.

people can harp on about an extra 50 energy, or 100 armor, but in real life scenarios that isn’t going to impact your gameplay in a meaningful way.

i like primes visuals and all, but if I got octavia prime now or never it’s not going to change how I play her, and we have to realise at some point DE will stop producing content, so some frames may never get a prime anyway