Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punch Through on Spearguns is not so good

Zoh_Veldae

Using the Throw alt-fire of a Speargun that has been granted Punch Through via mods is more detrimental than anything. Sometimes the spear just pierces trough floors and sticks to spots that aren't even accessible on foot. Is it possible to make it so Punch Through doesn't apply to the alt-fire Throw of Spearguns? It should be fine on the main fire, but it just bugs the whole weapon on the alt-fire.

I was thinking about the same with Scourge when I initially got it, then I tried the Ferrox.

Ferrox has innate 1.5m punch through, I was thinking of adding shred to speed up the charge mode when I noticed the 
punch through went to 2.7m instead of 1.2m.

Though instead of throwing straight down on floor, alt fire with punch through would impale multiple enemies in a throw
if you toss it horizontally.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

On 2017-11-30 at 8:30 PM, peterc3 said:

There is the option of not putting Punchthrough on them given it isn't innate. Mod your Secondary with Punchthrough and use the Speargun as a vehicle for its special effect.

Even so, it doesn't feel right when the punchthrough makes an entire feature unusable. They have fixed these kind of problems before for other weapons, such as the harpoon altfires of Paracyst and Harpak (Before, punchthrough made them nigh unsuable, after their fixing, punchthrough simply didn't apply to the altfires, making the weapon's altfire function at all times). So why not fix it here as well?

As for spears getting stuck in unreachable places (even punchthrough aside) -> Why not let the "swap weapon" button be a way to recall them, at the cost of some of its ammoreserves? I mean, when you throw the spear, you equip either your secondary, your melee or nothing at all (depending on what you carry with you). Regardless of what you get swapped into, the fact remains that tapping F in any of those cases would be "swapping to Primary", so, since you don't HAVE a primary at the moment, why not let that be the way to recall it?
Let it cost 10 ammo for Javlok (since it is uses the throw as a damaging attack), and 5 for Ferrox and Scourge (since the throw is just a utility for them).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 7:11 PM, Zoh_Veldae said:

Using the Throw alt-fire of a Speargun that has been granted Punch Through via mods is more detrimental than anything. Sometimes the spear just pierces trough floors and sticks to spots that aren't even accessible on foot. Is it possible to make it so Punch Through doesn't apply to the alt-fire Throw of Spearguns? It should be fine on the main fire, but it just bugs the whole weapon on the alt-fire.

Ferrox has innate punchthrough and ive never seen it phase through the ground with its alt-fire. Granted i dont use the alt THAT much because its standard fire is just so good, but still ive never seen it punch too far

4 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

Ferrox has innate punchthrough and ive never seen it phase through the ground with its alt-fire. Granted i dont use the alt THAT much because its standard fire is just so good, but still ive never seen it punch too far

Ferrox has innate punch through on its primary fire, not its alt. And Javlok and Scourge have splash damage. Every speargun has some sort of gimmick to make up for the fact that you aren't supposed to put punch through mods on them at all. Zarr is the same way, with the barrage mode having innate punch through so you don't ruin cannon mode by shooting through the floor.