Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs Gunswords

Scarletmenace

That is the third silliest weapon I have ever seen.

It's pretty cool, but if you have less than a full clip the balance would be way off, the grip would snap after a few swings, and it would be literally impossible to aim with sighting.

That said, I'd like to bring it back to the two sentiments of "This is a game, screw realism." and bayonets.

That first one would work for a game like TF2 or a more light hearted one. Or even something like Saint's Row 3.

But not Warframe. There needs to be some semblance of logic.

As for bayonets and similar ideas, it just does not sound like a Tenno weapon; not when we have the ability to instantly draw our melee weapons.

Clearly, nobody here realizes.... COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT issues.

They wouldn't put it in, or at least shouldn't, even if they technically can.

This is the umpteenth thread asking for one. Not happening. Doesn't integrate well into the game's mechanics either simply because mods, multiple weapons grouped into one class, and... yeah. Just doesn't work well with the game's universe.

Gundam 00's GN Sword, then.

Instead of creating a double function gun/sword hybrid, how about a double function axe/sword hybrid? Cue Google Image Search:

04_01.jpg

ishop2go-SHFiguart-Kamen-Rider-Infinity-

It'll make for some cool animations.

BTW, why is this thread doing in feedback? Shouldn't this be in fan concept?

Still, in warframe we have pistols, shotguns, rifles, and melee weapons. All which are used in actual battle. Never in the history of ever has there been a hybrid melee/ranged weapon that could even remotely perform well in both categories.

I'm not saying Warframe is realistic, but it's lore does follow a certain level of realism. Gunswords does not fit this.

Now I'm feeling as if you've never used the Glaive. Hybrid melee/ranged item, right there.

Clearly, nobody here realizes.... COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT issues.

They wouldn't put it in, or at least shouldn't, even if they technically can.

This is the umpteenth thread asking for one. Not happening. Doesn't integrate well into the game's mechanics either simply because mods, multiple weapons grouped into one class, and... yeah. Just doesn't work well with the game's universe.

What COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ? you cant own a idea, you can use the same idea with a different name and style with no problem.

Its like saying we cant use robots cuz japan made robots history first.

Edited by Dasmir

I'm a power armored ninja backflipping through a space ship slicing up an army of clones with my sword made from materials that don't actually exist and shooting them with a flamethrower that freezes people.

But some sort of combination of a gun and a sword would be silly and unrealistic.

This guy won the thread on page 2.

You all can clamor on how "unrealistic" a gunsword or swordgun or whatever is, the fact of the matter, is that everything about Warframe is pretty unrealistic. The only real question, is how DE would be able to implement this without it being overpowered in some way. It's not far fetched at all, however. We do already currently have melee weapons that are ranged.

a gunblade is not "unrealistic" its crap. what could you do with a blade that have a grip of a gun? you can hold it only in one direction.like a GUN. its unwieldy.

i have play borderlands 2 with Zero. and when you pick up a gunblade(yeah it have gunblades to)

he dont use his meleeweapon and stap with the gunblade like a retard.

its not about realistic or not. its more about the feeling of this weapon ingame.i have say " not a real gun and not a real sword" when you need one of them, the other part of this weapon is annoy you to use it effectly.

only to see that combination let me know: its not a real weapon. its just a decoration for extra handsome animecharackters-.-

If you wanted a bayonet type of 'gunsword' it would probably work, but if you're thinking about a weapon that's a sword and can fire bullets (like Squall's gunblade) then that really wouldn't happen. It works in Final Fantasy because it's a fantasy game with magic, and thus everything can be explained with 'magic'.

But if you were to look at the gunblade practically, before even getting into all the details of actually making it work. You need to aim, it's a giant sword, you're unlikely to be able to extend your arm like it was a pistol, it would be too heavy, it would be held more like a shotgun. Now, back to the part where it's a blade, it's sharp, now say you do manage to hold it without slicing your fingers off, there will still be recoil to it that will very likely cause you to lose that very delicate, finger protecting, grip and depending on the recoil you might just as well then have a gunsword lodged in your shoulder.

make an handle on the top like a grenade launcher or place a gap in between the blade for another grip

I bet if DE made one you guys would quit your *@##$ing and just love and tolerate it

If DE made it entertaining to use I would tolerate an anime stylized weapon. I wouldn't mind something like the gun lance from monster hunter freedom unite. There are ways to make gun weapons but if they just throw something in game it might end up like the glaive, looks cool but no point using it.

Edited by LazyKnight

If DE made it entertaining to use I would tolerate an anime stylized weapon. I wouldn't mind something like the gun lance from monster hunter freedom unite. There are ways to make gun weapons but if they just throw something in game it might end up like the glaive, looks cool but no point using it.

THAT'S WHAT IM TRYING TO DO lol.Everyone thinks that i am trying to change warframe gameplay, I want it to operate like the glaive, but the charge shot have a little less travel time. Edited by Scarletmenace

"I think Warframe would be a lot cooler if it had a hybrid weapon for the masters of guns and swords. Like a gunsword; a gun in its standards form to shoot, but folds outwards to form some sort of blade for the melee. I haven't thought of how much of a purpose to how it will work besides awesome appearance, maybe you guys can figure it out."

There isn't a lot of specifics used there so its strange to make assumptions about things like gunpowder and standard ballistic projectiles.

"shoot" could range from some form of bullet, to energy projection, to something else entirely.

Is the blade even solid? Is it retractable, fold able or energy based?

Those two things decide so many other aspects of the weapon that we can't even begin without getting that straight.

Look, you're obviously an intelligent fellow but I can see the witchhunt here.

yesh, i just reread that 3 or 4 times. the OP does actually mention folding. this instantly makes the melee aspect somewhat compromised and it also means the gun part must be even smaller! i mean, if you can fold the blade into itself, where does the gun part go? o.0

if the blade is energy based, i'm surprised all the other melee weapons thus far in Warframe have been 'cold hard steel'. why don't we already have a lightsaber? oh, right. copyrights. and i think it would be a bit silly. Gram has the closest look to that, pretending that those lightbulbs on the sides are plasma held in a magnetic field, which is kind've ridiculous :p one slash would spill plasma out, lol.

now, if the gun aspect is some sort of micro-tactical laser.... which i didn't think of till now... maybe that can work, but again, Warframe doesn't have any of that already. as presumably the laser(s) would be beam type, rather than the already existing pulse type. only a beam laser of that size could possibly be effective. 

wait a second. take a Spectra, and put a knife on it. :D

haha.

success.

Still, in warframe we have pistols, shotguns, rifles, and melee weapons. All which are used in actual battle. Never in the history of ever has there been a hybrid melee/ranged weapon that could even remotely perform well in both categories.

I'm not saying Warframe is realistic, but it's lore does follow a certain level of realism. Gunswords does not fit this.

Guns with bayonets?

Plus it is a rather good idea, I mean we are being space ninjas able to manipulate things to a molecular level to produce their powers effects, gun blades isnt too far out there in comparison to that,

Plus a blade that works as a gun, using the blade shape to give it a long storong barrel, while with the hit of a switch useing the recoil as a boost to the slash could be cool

This game is not Anime.

Maybe you missed the part where we're weeaboo space ninjas with magic powers, and our most powerful weapons are weeaboo throwing stars?

Though I can respect plenty of reasons for disliking the idea,  "this is not anime" is not one of them.

if the blade is energy based, i'm surprised all the other melee weapons thus far in Warframe have been 'cold hard steel'. why don't we already have a lightsaber? oh, right. copyrights. and i think it would be a bit silly. Gram has the closest look to that, pretending that those lightbulbs on the sides are plasma held in a magnetic field, which is kind've ridiculous :p one slash would spill plasma out, lol.

Make no mistake, I am completely against any concept of a gunsword in warframe. But the ether sword, dual ether and ether daggers are most definitely not 'cold hard steel'

yesh, i just reread that 3 or 4 times. the OP does actually mention folding. this instantly makes the melee aspect somewhat compromised and it also means the gun part must be even smaller! i mean, if you can fold the blade into itself, where does the gun part go? o.0

now, if the gun aspect is some sort of micro-tactical laser.... which i didn't think of till now... maybe that can work, but again, Warframe doesn't have any of that already. as presumably the laser(s) would be beam type, rather than the already existing pulse type. only a beam laser of that size could possibly be effective. 

wait a second. take a Spectra, and put a knife on it. :D

haha.

success.

lol. No It isn't very likely.

Again.... Warframe has personalized teleportation and throwing around antimatter in the room one is standing in.

A gunblade would not be the most physics breaking/sci fi bullpucky/beyond reasonable creation in the game.

.... which i didn't think of till now... maybe that can work, 

Exactly. what we may not have thought of yet is exactly what future tech is about.