Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacking fails, anything better than “Intruder” mod or ciphers?

(PSN)bunnyrebellion

Question

I’m no good at hacking consoles, I’m slow and I tend to “freeze” up because they are timed.  I have a boatload of ciphers and a fully maxed intruder mod.  Many missions have consoles that you can’t use a cipher so I’ll have to use my mod and take up a precious spot but I’m wondering if intruder is the best mod or if maybe another one is out there?

yes I know I will improve with practice but for crucial missions it would be nice to have more time...

thamks in advance

10 answers to this question

il y a 19 minutes, DannytheBlader a dit :

The only missions that don't allow ciphers are LOR (Law of retribution) Nightmare mode, and some/all vampire mode missions. Idk about anything else that doesn't allow ciphers besides that. Also you can quickly use a cipher by clicking the button Y or H (varies on country.)

Sortie.

And there is still the default landing craft's active ability that hack the console for you to remove alarm & lockdown, but that won't work for spy.

There's always GITTIN GUD! Step one is, don't look at the timer. You're either going to make it or you're not, and knowing how much time you have left doesn't help you (and the time you took to check slows you down).

For Grineer ciphers, it's just a matter of getting used to the timing, and it's actually easier to practice on the hardest ones with full nodes. You learn to do them the same way each time. For instance, you could start at the top and go clockwise, hitting each one in order. Once you do it correctly a few times, it almost becomes muscle memory. You can practice by doing high-level Grineer spy missions.

Corpus ciphers are much, much, much easier. Again, do your practice on the hardest ones (with all six tiles), it's easier to learn that way. All you do is spin the outside tiles so that they connect, then just spam-click the center one. There are three kinds of outer tile: tiles with one connection point (just a single line), tiles with two connection points (looks like a triangle), and tiles with three connection points (not a line nor a triangle).  Do the 3-point tiles first, they're the simplest: just spin them so that the center prong points to the center tile. Do the 2-point tiles next: one prong always goes to the center tile, and the other goes to whichever of its neighbors has the most points. After all the 2-point tiles are done, the 1-point tiles will be obvious. Once all the outer tiles are done, spam-click the center tile and it will lock in automatically.

Practice makes perfect.

But I'd suggest practicing in the mastery rank 5 test (obviously assuming you are MR5 or higher). Not much point going through a whole spy mission to practice them only to fail and waste tons of time.

Just go straight to the hardest consoles and practice solving them. Once you get the hang of the method suggested by motorfirebox above then they are easy enough.

And even though I can do them well enough I'll always take Intruder mod with me on sortie spies because the extra time is nice.

Yeah max intruder, liset, ideally a frame that can invis hack (or CC/distract anyway).  I'm usually playing Ivara with the prowl augment for such tasks.

I believe operator can cloak / hack fine too but I imagine they wouldn't get intruder bonus?  Dunno

Edit - Which now has me wondering, could avoid being downed this way, you'd simply go back to your Warframe if you got 'console zapped' while in operator?  Still, doing all the above should help pretty significantly.

Edited by (XB1)CKazz

3 hours ago, DarcosRoyal said:

Liset air support can stop alarms for a short amount of time

Farming Ivara parts will get you a good amount of experience in hacking

Wait a bit before starting to hack corpus consoles, they have intruder detected status that makes the timer faster

I’m not sure what this means for me.

if it’s a corpus mission, should I do the reset console (if possible) to have more time on the actual console.

3 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

There's always GITTIN GUD! Step one is, don't look at the timer. You're either going to make it or you're not, and knowing how much time you have left doesn't help you (and the time you took to check slows you down).

Corpus ciphers are much, much, much easier. Again, do your practice on the hardest ones (with all six tiles), it's easier to learn that way. All you do is spin the outside tiles so that they connect, then just spam-click the center one. There are three kinds of outer tile: tiles with one connection point (just a single line), tiles with two connection points (looks like a triangle), and tiles with three connection points (not a line nor a triangle).  Do the 3-point tiles first, they're the simplest: just spin them so that the center prong points to the center tile. Do the 2-point tiles next: one prong always goes to the center tile, and the other goes to whichever of its neighbors has the most points. After all the 2-point tiles are done, the 1-point tiles will be obvious. Once all the outer tiles are done, spam-click the center tile and it will lock in automatically.

This is very helpful, 3,2,1 

one of my petty complaints is that my left analog stick jumps from one tile to the next.  Part of the problem is my left hand/arm injury but it still seems jumpy.

seems to me that loads of gamers dislike the console hacking, much easier if DE replaced them with something less frustrating.  Many of my clan mates just avoid those missions whenever possible.  I can’t be the only one having the issue....I know it’s petty but since it doesn’t add to the gaming experience or seem relevant to the mission....it’s just not “fun”, more like a chore imo.  Hello DE?

3 hours ago, (PS4)bunnyrebellion said:

if it’s a corpus mission, should I do the reset console (if possible) to have more time on the actual console.

This is very helpful, 3,2,1 

one of my petty complaints is that my left analog stick jumps from one tile to the next.  Part of the problem is my left hand/arm injury but it still seems jumpy.

seems to me that loads of gamers dislike the console hacking, much easier if DE replaced them with something less frustrating.  Many of my clan mates just avoid those missions whenever possible.  I can’t be the only one having the issue....I know it’s petty but since it doesn’t add to the gaming experience or seem relevant to the mission....it’s just not “fun”, more like a chore imo.  Hello DE?

Slight misstatement on my part: there are two kinds of 2-prong tile, narrow and wide. The wide ones are easy, you do them just like a 3-prong tile. The narrow ones will have one prong to the center, as I described.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Jrjjue/Advanced_Corpus_Console_Hacking

Edited by motorfirebox

11 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Sortie.

And there is still the default landing craft's active ability that hack the console for you to remove alarm & lockdown, but that won't work for spy.

The Liset will delay the timer for hacking even on spy and sortie missions.

7 hours ago, (PS4)bunnyrebellion said:

If you build the Air Support Charges and have the Liset(default Landing Craft) selected as your ship, you can have those equipped to your equipment wheel and use them to delay the timers when hacking.