Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diode Hammer Skin Seems... Lacking.

Teljaxx

Regardless of your opinion on the Diode model, or whether or not it even qualifies as a hammer (or some sort of tennis racket), it seems like there really isn't enough to it. What is there to make it worth the platinum? For such a strange and unorthodox design, it really seems like there should be something, especially when compared to the other items in the bundle. The Volt skin has lots of flashy and flowing energy effects, and even the syandana has a bit of a sparkle to it. But the Diode skin just doesn't do anything.

It would be much nicer if it had some unique special effects to it as well. Lightning zapping across the head like a Jacob's ladder, Amprex style arcs when you hit enemies, sparks flying everywhere with charge attacks, etc. Right now it feels like it only exists because of some unspoken rule that every deluxe bundle must have a weapon skin, and DE just put it in to fulfill that rule. Adding extra effects like this would make it feel like a much more worthy part of the bundle, instead of just filler.

13 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Regardless of your opinion on the Diode model, or whether or not it even qualifies as a hammer (or some sort of tennis racket), it seems like there really isn't enough to it. What is there to make it worth the platinum? For such a strange and unorthodox design, it really seems like there should be something, especially when compared to the other items in the bundle. The Volt skin has lots of flashy and flowing energy effects, and even the syandana has a bit of a sparkle to it. But the Diode skin just doesn't do anything.

It would be much nicer if it had some unique special effects to it as well. Lightning zapping across the head like a Jacob's ladder, Amprex style arcs when you hit enemies, sparks flying everywhere with charge attacks, etc. Right now it feels like it only exists because of some unspoken rule that every deluxe bundle must have a weapon skin, and DE just put it in to fulfill that rule. Adding extra effects like this would make it feel like a much more worthy part of the bundle, instead of just filler.

Maybe it has a hidden function to cook eggs.

sounds like the entirety of the Volt Deluxe is somewhat lacking. but my expectations were already so low after Ember, which is just a busy mess of patterns with no real concept, I didn't even blink when I added Volt to my collection with no intention of ever using it.

49 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

It's same size as Fragor though. Just that it's lacking "fatness", so it looks smaller than it actually is.

I'm sure skin is somehow smaller on Arca Titron , Jet Kitty , Sibear and Volnus but bigger on Fragor / Prime. So it makes Fragor / Prime look bigger and others alot smaller. This is what bothers me.

Edited by Aeon94

2 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

I'm sure skin is somehow smaller on Arca Titron , Jet Kitty , Sibear and Volnus but bigger on Fragor / Prime. So it makes Fragor / Prime look bigger and others alot smaller. This is what bothers me.

It's the same size, just checked in game. What I meant is that the skin and the Fragor have the same height (double checked right now) becasue it probably had the Fragor in mind (similar to how the Dynasty skin had Galatine in mind and the Palatine had the Jit Kittag)

Edited by NightmareT12