The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gifting alt account

Jim22

So, I've never actually heard of anyone getting banned for trading between alt accounts. It's not something DE really goes out of its way to look for, there's no percentage in it for them—really, it's not like they're somehow missing out if you buy two deluxe skins and gift one of them to your alt.

The only reason DE has this rule is so that they can prevent farmers from breaking the Warframe economy (to the extent that the Warframe economy isn't a freakshow already). If a bunch of farmers come in and start ranking up alts to MR 2 so they can spam trade chat with BUY 1000 PLAT FOR $10 AT WWW.CHINAWARFRAMEFARMERS.COM or whatever, the "no trading between alts" rule gives DE a ready excuse to mass-ban them, no fuss no muss.

DE doesn't care if you and your bro are playing Warframe together. As long as you're not looking to play the game, and not somehow cheat the system to the detriment of other players, you're probably fine.

3 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

And mistake that for the same player and ban them ?

How? How can they ban them and under what guidelines? Beyond the stupid "lul they can ban u fer 0 reasons" because i know its coming, logically speaking within its own rules how

Can they ban someone if they dont know its them or not? 2 people using the same isp is not ban worthy as siblings, couples etc play WF. 

They cant keylog you, they arent spying on you, they have virtually no way to tell if X is logged onto Ys account or if its actually Y unless X advertises that its not Y on Ys account.

If my wifes account suddenly logged in ran mot for 40m and extracted then logged off, who logged in?

2 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

so what your saying is I should stop playing on that account

Many players in Warframe have 2 people playing in the same conection.

I have a cousin that play Warframe in the same internet conection than mine, but I never enter his account and he never enters mine. Thats it. We play together, I help him to get items to sell, but we never trade plat between our accounts.

If you're expecting to enter your brother's account and start trading a bunch of things and plat all the time from one to another, you will get banned.

He plays with his acount and you plays with yours.

8 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

so what your saying is I should stop playing on that account

Should be doable as long as you keep interaction to a minimum. like one gift wont hurt. but constant interaction is a no go. That would go towards the reasons as to why the rules exist. (exploitation of multiple accounts)

The ToS and EULA may be binding contracts but they will only be enforced in cases of abuse. So... just dont abuse the accounts to get past account limitations,

Basically stuff like:
Daily logins
event rewards
Riven cap

Edited by Airwolfen

If the two accounts belong to you, trading, exchanging or gifting items between them is a violation of the Terms of Use agreement (read: using alternate accounts to bypass in game limitations) and can result in a permanent trade ban (unable to perform any trading functions whatsoever) being applied to one or both accounts, or a permanent full game ban being applied to one or both accounts.

If the other account actually belongs to your brother then DE can fairly accurately determine whether or not it's used as an actual account--they look at things like whether or not both accounts are logging in from the same or different machines, whether they're logged in at the same time and actively doing things (i.e. both playing missions) at the same time, account progression (throwaway 'alt' accounts often have little to no progress and are used for farming login plat rewards, or are only active during events to stockpile event rewards for trading back to the main account, etc).

Long story short, if the other account doesn't actually belong to you and belongs to a sibling, you're probably a-okay to gift an item or two. However keep in mind that if both accounts are yours and you're using one account to circumvent in-game limitations (i.e. farming event rewards, login platinum codes, rivens, slots, etc) then DE will find out, and the end result will not be in your favor.