Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OVERWATCH?????????????????????????

Almighty_Jado

Ummm... guys? The Game Awards are like the Oscars, no real merit, it's all about pop-culture and publisher ties. Why is anyone surprised? I guess despite knowing that we all really wanted our game to win, but come on... this is hardly a surprise. 

Just be proud recognizing yourselves the merits of DE, flaws and all. I don't need a superficial award to realize how far this game had come and yet how far it's gonna go.

Edit: Haven't played Overwatch, but despite it looking fairly nice, I don't think it competes with WF in terms of development.

Edited by Tellakey

1 minute ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Yeah it does, all the time lol. Who told you it didn't? You should slap them for lying to ya lol.

Scuse you? What's "ongoing"? Their craptastic characters? THE MODES HAVEN'T CHANGED! PERIOD! WF did more in Content, Story, and they added an OPEN MAP! Screw Overwatch.

2 minutes ago, Baklavah said:

Scuse you? What's "ongoing"? Their craptastic characters? THE MODES HAVEN'T CHANGED! PERIOD! WF did more in Content, Story, and they added an OPEN MAP! Screw Overwatch.

It had nothing to do with quality of the content. It was best ongoing game, not best quality content in an ongoing game. The numbers in the communities show which one the masses prefer sadly.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

8 minutes ago, Xuimma said:

Meh I knew it from the start, I mean Nier to have lost on the music department lol.

Neir's music is sometimes overshadowed by the the game-play and there was some good competitors in the music awards. I was more surprised by Edith Finch taking the story award.

Anyway these are the game awards and they've made odd choices before.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

It had nothing to do with quality of the content. It was best ongoing game, not best quality content in an ongoing game. The numbers in the communities show which one the masses prefer sadly.

Go away. We don't need your negativity in here. If you hate Warframe so much you should just leave.

This is utter bullS#&$! All they ever did was release skins and characters. Warframe is practically unrecognizable when compared to the original concept. I guess that this is what happens when you have numbers on your side. :'(

Also, if we consider all the relentless advertising and supplementary media Overwatch has, it is no wonder Warframe lost to it.

Edited by grigorije

18 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

:facepalm: At least we still have the syandana

I own both games and I spend my time pretty much on 2 games only.

Overwatch is good game but their devs ain't really comparable to DE devs.

Balance is horrible and slow as a PVP eSport game. Most updates are pure cosmetics and recurring events.

The size of playerbase is pretty much the only reason OW taking the award instead of Warframe. It's a Blizz IP afterall.

I don't because it's bugged. Stupid Syandana won't drop.

6 minutes ago, Yoshihito said:

Go away. We don't need your negativity in here. If you hate Warframe so much you should just leave.

I love Warframe, I actually hate Overwatch. But I'm a logical person that looks at things objectively. I'm not part of this entitlement generation of the "I think it's the best therefore there is no other answer" mindset. That's what I hate.

Just now, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

I love Warframe, I actually hate Overwatch. But I'm a logical person that looks at things objectively. I'm not part of this entitlement generation of the "I think it's the best therefore there is no other answer" mindset. That's what I hate.

I hate to tell you, but this sh*t is rigged.

1 minute ago, Baklavah said:

I hate to tell you, but this sh*t is rigged.

It's a vastly more popular game. It has more people playing it now then it did at launch, Warframe doesn't even have more then it did at the launch of PoE. The numbers don't lie, ones more popular for a reason. Just because we don't like it doesn't automatically make it bad, we don't have that power. Sorry to break that to ya.

Warframe needs to make a high-quality short film. Like those League or Overwatch cinematics. I want to see some pixar level Warframe animations! Plus that'll draw more people in.

I do realize that the current Prime cinematics we get use the in game engine so that "what you see is what you get", which I can appreciate, but I maybe if we can get some super fancy schmancy stuff up we can get more coverage

Edited by Almighty_Jado

6 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

It's a vastly more popular game. It has more people playing it now then it did at launch, Warframe doesn't even have more then it did at the launch of PoE. The numbers don't lie, ones more popular for a reason. Just because we don't like it doesn't automatically make it bad, we don't have that power. Sorry to break that to ya.

the only reason its more popular is because its a Blizzard IP that's it.

if Blizzard make a nice looking game its fans will play it and blizzard has a lot of fans even if there is a better game people were even comparing Skyrim to WoW when Skyrim was coming around 

even in the category it was nominated in the only reason it even got nominated is caused Overwatch got nominated for every catagory

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759447616?page=1

Note how that thread hasn't received a developer response...

i received my first account-wide ban the other day for playing widowmaker in comp. I was accused of throwing despite having over 240 hours on her. My case isn't as extreme as this guy, but it still sheds light on something that is only the tip of a very large iceberg that I think ought to disqualify Overwatch from winning this event. 

Edited by Legion-Shields

10 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759447616?page=1

Note how that thread hasn't received a developer response...

i received my first account-wide ban the other day for playing widowmaker in comp. I was accused of throwing despite having over 240 hours on her. My case isn't as extreme as this guy, but it still sheds light on something that is only the tip of a very large iceberg that I think disqualifies Overwatch from winning this event. 

Sir... Do you have a carer with you?
Do you know where you are?
Can we call someone to come get you?
Do you know your own address?