Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Well Does Seer Age ?

Slurmageddon

I recently (finally) managed to get all seer parts and so far, I kinda like it. With no mods on mercury+venus it can kill off most enemies in 1-2 shots.

But before I supercharge it I was wondering if anyone has tried maxing it out, and if so, how well did it perform in (say) a T3 void defense?

EDIT: So far the general feedback seems to be that its essentially Lex-Prime ?

Edited by Santaphrax

I recently (finally) managed to get all seer parts and so far, I kinda like it. With no mods on mercury+venus it can kill off most enemies in 1-2 shots.

But before I supercharge it I was wondering if anyone has tried maxing it out, and if so, how well did it perform in (say) a T3 void defense?

I don't have it, but from what I have heard...I imagine it would be pretty bad... your better off sticking to Prime gear, or Clan Gear for T3 anything

It makes lex totally obsolete, but more than being a punch cannon, lex had no use against higher level foes.

Seer does everything that Lex did, and it does it better, but it has same flaw of being not so useful at higher levels.

Some people treat projectile travel time as a huge flaw, but it's not that bad.

It needs work.

Basically, all you get is a pistol with a high base damage, and a sniper-esque zoom. 

As many have stated before, its more of a trophy weapon. Which is kind of disappointing considering its infused with orokin tech.

I prefer the lex because the seer is a projectile, making the zoom on a seer kinda pointless against moving target if your bad at aiming (in my case...extremely lucky for some reason that I rarely miss?). Then again..maybe I'm biased...I did use forma on my lex..use multishot + point strike + armor piercing = devastating monster

My opinion...the lex feel stronger and don't have a projectile...if you use a seer...might as well use the kunai or akbolto since they are better against high level enemy (they really need to fix the gap between armor ignore vs without it, make the puncture mod x% armor ignore to make them more usefull?). I prefer the lex over the seer.

Then again..is all about your play-style but armor ignore weapon seem vastly superior =/....crippling your choice.

I love the seer, massively, but apart from its cool look/animation it's... well people keep saying it's a better lex, but i'm not even sure I agree with that, the higher reload speed coupled with lex having a 15% crit chance and being hitscan, i'd really say they are more on par than having a clear winner.

Not to mention the lex comes with a free V slot.

Considering the amount of work that was put into it I was hoping it would have some sort of special property. It falls off late game just like any other none-armor ignoring weapon, which is to say, on tier 3s and high level endless defenses it'll rapidly get outpaced, but this happens with all pistols of the type.

just saw your edit..no...is not a lex prime and is a different weapon....my opinion Vasto > Lex > Seer

I already explain why I prefer the lex over the seer above...but you cant really beat the reload speed/fire rate from the Vasto. Im using it like a primairy and yes I do use a ammo conversion mod/ammo box for it.

Problem with this weapon is the armour scaling, if you're fighting low level stuff then sure it's fine but once things go beyond 70-80 it becomes a very poor substitute to any secondaries capable of negating armour.

I've kept mine simply because it was such a pain in the &#! to farm for, didn't potato it though, it just didn't feel worth it for me.

just saw your edit..no...is not a lex prime and is a different weapon....my opinion Vasto > Lex > Seer

I already explain why I prefer the lex over the seer above...but you cant really beat the reload speed/fire rate from the Vasto. Im using it like a primairy and yes I do use a ammo conversion mod/ammo box for it.

But Vasto is a whole different kind of weapon to use. Vasto is basically useless over long range because of its recoil and medium damage. its advantage is speed, not power. Whereas Seer and Lex are both High-power long range pistols which are geared more towards making each shot count. Vasto is more like the Lato than like the Lex

I don't have it, but from what I have heard...I imagine it would be pretty bad... your better off sticking to Prime gear, or Clan Gear for T3 anything

Prime weapons are generally only modest upgrades from their non-prime counterparts, with a few exceptions, and the only T3s where I really feel my non-clan, non-armor ignoring, weapons are really starting to be outclassed is T3 Defense.

Some people treat projectile travel time as a huge flaw, but it's not that bad.

It is a pretty big flaw at the distances you'd even want a Lex, or other sniper sidearm, for.

Lex is far from my favorite sidearm, but when I made extensive use of it, it was primarily for distances (60m plus) where non-hitscan weapons would require fairly extreme degrees of lead, and where anything with drop would be landing 5-10 degrees below my crosshair.

But Vasto is a whole different kind of weapon to use. Vasto is basically useless over long range because of its recoil and medium damage. its advantage is speed, not power. Whereas Seer and Lex are both High-power long range pistols which are geared more towards making each shot count. Vasto is more like the Lato than like the Lex

Somehow..I can manage with the recoil, it take practice and I can murder everything with it..as long they are not level 70+ =p The lex..you have to wait before you can fire another shot..with the vasto...if your quick at aiming after each shot I can take enemy out faster. Remember, is a semi auto weapon, it shot as fast as you click, you don't have to spam the mouse button as fast as you can for long range.

I currently own all the above weapon with a catalist in each, 2 forma on the lex and about to forma my vasto. Seer pistol can't crit (shame) but the lex and Vasto have a 15% base! Add point strike/multishot/ap with a critical chance/damage mod.....=3

but yea...armor ignore weapon are the way to go sadly =/

Edit: add minor info

Edited by Ninjamander

It needs work.

Basically, all you get is a pistol with a high base damage, and a sniper-esque zoom. 

As many have stated before, its more of a trophy weapon. Which is kind of disappointing considering its infused with orokin tech.

Yep. But the sniper-esque zoom is also kind of useless for long range sniping, because of the bullet travel time.

I find that it also has huge hitbox issues from up close. Sometimes I fail shooting something that's RIGHT in my face.

As you said, it's a cool looking trophy weapon - nothing more.

Not as usefull as any of the thrown weps.

I took mine to 30 with catalyst just to see how good it was, it's sorta "meh". Vasto is better I feel, if you really must have a pistol, or Acrid, if you really must have a usefull pistol :P

This.  I loooooove the Vasto, its so much fun :)

Seer did half the damage (like 40+) on kappa, Sedna when i was leveling it. (un-mod'ed)

A little better than the lex, but still turns me off if i can't squeeze out the full damage from my weapon on grineers.  

Seer is the WORST pistol on this game for me! i prefer to play with Lato and dont use this S#&$... Especially on high lvl missions. i didnt potato it until they buff it. and i think you will never see people playing with it after lvl 30 cause they prefer so far to play with Kunai / Despairs / Hikou.. 

hope they fix it soon..

Edited by DhoVakiiN

Seer is the WORST pistol on this game for me! i prefer to play with Lato and dont use this S#&$... Especially on high lvl missions. i didnt potato it until they buff it. and i think you will never see people playing with it after lvl 30 cause they prefer so far to play with Kunai / Despairs / Hikou.. 

hope they fix it soon..

if you think is the worst pistol...wait until you get the Sicarus XD

It takes getting used to,but if you do it isn't bad at all.

It does need the issues with hitting fixed....it misses shots it should NEVER miss...

(point blank range,lined up for centered headshot,and I miss? Really?)

Mine is rank30 and potatoed.

If I should find something I'd rather use,then perhaps I'll switch. It serves it's purpose well enough for now.

Late game, any secondary not named kunai, despair or acrid is pretty meh. 

No Return only maxes out at 30%, so at high levels a normal pistol modded to do 200 damage will only hit for 60, the same as a slightly modded Kunai. 

The Seer is ok for anything that doesn't need to die instantly, but I still prefer the Lex overall.