Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity sadness

ACULonSeer

I got into a team farming hydron for relics. They told me to use an EV trin. At the ttime my trinity was only rank 10 because I got zephyr the same day but I said I could still do it.

Turns out I could've probably done it at rank 1 because all they wanted me to do was sit and cast EV over and over. 

Is this a normal trinity strategy? I normally like being more than a battery. I can fight too :c

Yes this is a normal strategy. No one hinders you to fight, tho. Still keep spamming your second ability between some chops^^

EV Trin is highly wanted pretty much everywhere in the game. Bless Trin get's more wanted too, since PoE came out.  

1 minute ago, Lucex said:

Yes this is a normal strategy. No one hinders you to fight, tho. Still keep spamming your second ability between some chops^^

EV Trin is highly wanted pretty much everywhere in the game. Bless Trin get's more wanted too, since PoE came out.  

I got yelled at for trying to kill enemies, despite the fact that my pox did insane damage. Made me not wanna touch trinity tbh

Hey mate, I am seeing you posting lots of stuff here in forums which is OK. 

Regarding most of the questions, they can mostly answered by itself when you play a bit longer. 

Also you are purposing some ridiculous nerfs and buffs but I really doubt that you have understand the mechanics behind most of the things. 

Please play the game more and refrain yourself from making false assumptions.

And yes, Trinity is a support Warframe, who can heal, lower damage intake, and give energy. People mostly play Trinity to enable DPS frames abilities to be cast often.

Cheers,

LOL...

Don't let this get to close to you, there are some players who still don't get that this is a game and not real life...

I think they yelled because you didn't give them that much energy so they needed you to spam it the whole time. Don't know what they expected from a not max rank Trin...

Keep leveling her up. And don't think you need to ev for them just because you play her. They may ask you to do it, but it's still on you.

You're farming relics, the team mots likely farmed affinity/focus or at least if relics, very lazily so they just to kill everything asap and move on.

So don't come into that kind of farming groups unless you're both doing the same thing and have the same thing in mind. People usually don't ask for any specific frames unless they want to do the "ultimate farming" like this where you have dedicated roles. And in general. Any farming isn't about having fun. it's about grinding the hell out of something. 

Цитата

Keep leveling her up. And don't think you need to ev for them just because you play her. They may ask you to do it, but it's still on you.

If you got to recruiting chat, answered a host that asked for EV, agreed to play EV you better freaking EV.

Otherwise, the heck did you even agreed and took this place?

Edited by -Temp0-

14 minutes ago, ugoooo said:

Regarding most of the questions, they can mostly answered by itself when you play a bit longer. 

You made a lot of good points in your post, but this is one part I disagree with.  These forums are a great place to learn about the game and ask questions.  Especially since the game does such a poor job of explaining anything, this place is a resource players shouldn't be discouraged from making use of.

Ask your questions, it doesn't hurt anyone.  Propose your ideas; your insight as a new player who isn't indoctrinated into the game may be valuable.  This forum is about the exchange of ideas between players.  As long as you're being respectful of others, I see no reason to restrict this.

46 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You're farming relics, the team mots likely farmed affinity/focus or at least if relics, very lazily so they just to kill everything asap and move on.

So don't come into that kind of farming groups unless you're both doing the same thing and have the same thing in mind. People usually don't ask for any specific frames unless they want to do the "ultimate farming" like this where you have dedicated roles. And in general. Any farming isn't about having fun. it's about grinding the hell out of something. 

If you got to recruiting chat, answered a host that asked for EV, agreed to play EV you better freaking EV.

Otherwise, the heck did you even agreed and took this place?

In that case, they have all the right to be pissed.

People always ask for ev to get nerfed, but i think its mechanincs need to change....

Something silly even. Trade places with well of life, but allow for multiple targets to be affected, well of life causes an enemy to pulse (painfully) bleeding out over the duration, and energy vampire immobilises an enemy in the air giving energy while attacked. Casting link, and then casting energy vampire on self will energy blessing should give stacks of armor capped by strength and slow health restore, and possibly revive teammates, while changing her passive to increase ally revive speeds (of each other) and health orb drop chances. Allow link to feed a percent of energy siphoned off a energy vampired target to go to trinity. 

Another passive idea is allowing trinity to cast all abilities on allies, linking to an ally like nidus, causing passive energy and health gain.

EV is terrible for the game but until something somewhat powerful but not as dumb comes along, people will think they need it. People always think they need the biggest best thing when usually (these sorts, in WF) they're too lazy to make full efficient use of their loadouts anyway.

But as one person said, if they're looking for a specific build, best to go for that, otherwise don't bother. Many people looking for specific builds and frames aren't looking to have fun or be very open to exceptions and otherwise, they're there to get something done just as they want it. Often you can get high gains outside of meta farm groups if you play well and intensely. They won't be as high as meta farms, but, I can do focus farms with rando pugs and get nearly the same gains as bere focus rq banshee farms, while actually playing the game and not sitting while someone presses 4 every 30 sec.

Have fun, ask all the questions, talk to people, and learn every chance you can, from multiple sources.

The problem with killing using weapons as a Trinity in a squad that is coordinated is kind of inefficient
Because you would be better off casting EV and filling up energy for the team to spam skill that kills faster.

And yes I know the frustration of seeing teammates with the response to enemy that is snail paced.
The temptation to kill the enemy... just EV and shoot it instead of killing it straight off.

It is best to EV and shoot an enemy to not let it go waste.

Also, at rank 10 your EV build might not be a full build, thus spamming it more is required for your teammates to get sufficient energy.
You can press Z to monitor teammate's health, shield and energy status, sometime their build is very energy consuming and requires an EV trin for that reason.

14 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

I got yelled at for trying to kill enemies, despite the fact that my pox did insane damage. Made me not wanna touch trinity tbh

It is no issue going around and score most overall damage + most kills + most melee kills + most headshots
with a Trinity. I do it all the time in public squad while filling teammates full of energy and they still kind of unable to keep up with 
the killings.

Just that in a squad that you are recruited to perform EV just make sure you do your job instead of 
getting distracted by enemies.

Don't tolerate other players "yelling" at you. She is not a press 2 only frame. Trinity is my most used frame, and if built with a little range, a little duration, and a little strength, this frame can do any content in the game as a pseudo-tank (Link + Bless). I pair her up with Prisma Dual Cleavers and usually do 25% or more of the team's damage output. Have fun.

Then fight. As a Trinity player, I despise EV trin as it's a waste of her abilities. Try different builds. I love jumping into a mission as trin and walking out with top damage. Go with a melee build, or the very fun masochist trin build and wipe entire waves of enemies in seconds.

Don't ever let others dictate the way you play.

That being said though, if you do agree to play a EV Trinity, you better make sure to do your job or else the other players will get upset.

20 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

Is this a normal trinity strategy? I normally like being more than a battery. I can fight too :c

Not for me it isn't.

On the other hand, I don't typically bring Trin to defenses. In this situation, she is support, but properly built warframes in most starchart scenarios shouldn't need that level of support.

In a dedicated team where the other warframes are built to maximize powers, then an EV Trin makes sense. The others have given up all survivability, sustainability, and recovery to do something else. EV Trin is now their primary means of staying on the field.

In PuGs you're not going to see this. Many warframes won't need what she can do; the going simply isn't going to be tough enough for EV to matter. They'll be running high efficiency strats, Zenurik, and, at worst, be prepared to drop restores. The other problem with EV Trin in PuGs, is her survivability isn't that great compared to the Link/Blessing Trins. Those can play Horatius at the bridge and still keep the team up and running.

So, your choice is to support your teammates' ability spam or to keep your own guns running in any situation to kill enemies.

9 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

So if i wanted to go for an oberon-esque offensive tank, would that be achievable on trinity?

If you just want extreme survivability, then, yes, Trinity can easily do it with a Link/Blessing build. Just keep in mind she's almost totally reliant on her guns to kill stuff.

On 2017. 12. 21. at 2:10 PM, ACULonSeer said:

So if i wanted to go for an oberon-esque offensive tank, would that be achievable on trinity?

Yes, look at my previous comment in this thread. You need only basic mods to build a tank Trinity. Having good weapons (modded correctly) is needed since her powers don't help to kill.