Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Chroma benefit from Khora?

Blade_Wolf_16

So, in case you haven't seen it in Devstream #103, Khora will be able to switch from Impact, Puncture and Slash during the mission like with Ivara's Quiver and Vauban's Minelayer. 

What I wonder is... should Chroma get the same kind of choice? Right now, his "passive" is not a real passive. It's just a feature, like Octavia's Mandaccord or Nyx's disarm chance on abilities (just a feature of all her kit, not a passive). I think that being able to switch between Fire, Ice, Toxin and Electricity when needed would fit his theme of being able to adapt itself to survive. Of course, Elect/Toxin need to be reworked, as most people say, since Fire and Ice are currently the most used, but maybe in a way that would make switches worth it, instead of playing with only one for the entire mission like we curretly do.

Anyway, what do you guys think? And if you agree, how do you think it should work? Switch it using the 1 or the 2? Should it affect Vex Armor or the Eternal Ward Augment in some way? 

I think this would be an awesome idea and bring a lot of new interesting approaches to using him.

You could hold 1 to switch elements, that'd probably be the best way. Vex armour is the only part of his kit that doesn't benefit any sort from changing elements so I'd leave that the same but Elemental Ward + its augment... I think it would probably need to be made so that switching elements cancels it out and requires you to recast, just to bring the balance a little back in line.

Definitely worth a try. Spectral Scream is a very underutilized ability, mostly used for the little CC from Electric, Heat, and Cold, plus the obscure perk like being knockdown/stagger immune while channeling. Adding an elemental alignment selection wheel to it would be awesome. Tap to cycle, hold to breathe.

If it was added, I would like to see hotswapping elements for Spectral Scream's breath attack, Elemental Ward's buffs and Effigy's attack. Change the element up at anytime and your abilities effects and visuals would follow suit.

If the devs are changing up elemental status procs alongside physical procs, I hope they give Toxin a bit of CC.

46 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

So, in case you haven't seen it in Devstream #103, Khora will be able to switch from Impact, Puncture and Slash during the mission like with Ivara's Quiver and Vauban's Minelayer. 

What I wonder is... should Chroma get the same kind of choice? Right now, his "passive" is not a real passive. It's just a feature, like Octavia's Mandaccord or Nyx's disarm chance on abilities (just a feature of all her kit, not a passive). I think that being able to switch between Fire, Ice, Toxin and Electricity when needed would fit his theme of being able to adapt itself to survive. Of course, Elect/Toxin need to be reworked, as most people say, since Fire and Ice are currently the most used, but maybe in a way that would make switches worth it, instead of playing with only one for the entire mission like we curretly do.

Anyway, what do you guys think? And if you agree, how do you think it should work? Switch it using the 1 or the 2? Should it affect Vex Armor or the Eternal Ward Augment in some way? 

I've heard that in a video from a certain Youtuber (*wink* *wink*)

But I completely agree with that feature.

Chroma is due for a rework in the future from what DE said, so i expect this to be implemented, we still don't have a lot of reasons to switch between the elements tho, Ice is still supreme and the other elements lack any real impact, except maybe Toxin.

15 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Yeah, being able to switch elements would be good 

But every time I hear "rework" I can't help but think Vex Armor/Ele Ward nerfs is going to come along with the QoL changes

NOOOO 

Plz dun't nerf vex armor

How else am I supposed to attack at attack-speed cap and attack-damage cap at the same time.

A39yUYsMT2KPir7Va-CcPw.png

He will benefit from Khora as much as he benefited from Ivara. There was a thread literally word for word like this after Ivara was released. If he hasn't gotten that change by now it either won't come or it will come when the devs decide to take a wholesome look at him.