The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is a God Roll Riven?

(XBOX)HypeR SnipE x

A riven mod with negative stats will add more % to the positive stats compared to a riven mod without any negative stat on. 

A "god" riven must have a negative stats without affecting the weapon performance itself. 

For example, a Rubico (its a Crit sniper), a god one would possibly be positive CC/ CD/ Multishot/DMG and a negative status chance/maximum ammo/ etc.. 

Since Rubico doesn't need status chance, which means negative status chance on Rubico is considered a "good negative".

Also another thing to take note that, a "god" riven usually have very high % stats on it. You can have 2 same riven with same exact stats, but both will have different % values on them. I would usually consider a "god" riven to have at least 3 positives stats of 150% or above with 1 "good negative" stat. 

As for reference, I recently sold a Rubico riven for 1k plats and I wouldn't even labelled it as "god".The negative on dmg infested means killing Juggernaut is painful. It is still a good riven but not "god" tier.

As of 99% of the players in trade chats who label their riven as "god" are almost never "god" at all.  

miuaGd4.jpg

Edited by iLeVioN

• 2 weeks later...

Guy up already explained it.

In short - god tier riven is what riven would look like if you picked the stats yourself on it manually :D

They do sell at 2-3k sometimes but can sell less (for weird, bad or unpopular weapons)

or much more 12k, 15k and there are rumors of perfect mods being sold at 24-30k or more. 

Manageable negative increases primary stats so it's always more required.

Not sure if technically perfect triple roll is actually mathematically worth less. But market demands this. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

I would say a God Riven would be something like this for Vectis 200+% CC and 200+% CD and something meaningless like -50% damage to Infested. One guy in my clan has a riven like this. 

God Rivens are basically good rivens for specific weapons. Usually when someone says they want to sell a God Riven they will be asking 2k+ plat for it. The Riven might not even be one of the good ones. People will claim even an average riven is God just because it's for a meta weapon. God Rivens are very subjective.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Iconoclasm said:

I have a Kohm Riven +307% D + 177 MS - 48% flight speed.....someone go ahead and tell me that isn't a God Roll.

The minute you see negative flight speed on any shotgun rivens, that riven becomes sub par at best.

7.5m - 12.5m for fall off damage is something that is not desired as opposed to kohm's original 15-25m fall-off.

You can argue for all you want, but no, that isnt even remotely close to a "God" roll.

I think a "god roll",or rather a good riven is what makes you pick up a new weapon.That's what riven mods were meant to do.

For example,I have a phage riven with +218.6% MS,+283.7%dmg and reduces max ammo by 66.2%.But despite it's debuff on ammo,phage can keep firing for 40s non-stop before reloading,which makes the debuff "fits" the weapon.

A riven that can not only maximize a weapon's potential,but also displays a weapon's abilities to compensate it's debuff is,imo,a good riven.As ppl above already said,there's no such thing as a "god riven",but a riven that fits a weapon you've never touched before into your playstyle will be the closest thing to it.

Edited by crimsoNIOX

• 4 weeks later...

Found my personal `God’ Roll:

A Bratonriven with +Multishot & +Firerate and as a negative -30 % Zoom. But thats not because the Riven it THAT good. It‘s just because it makes my personal favourite weapon (throw stones at me, but I like the Braton Prime) a bit better and I can play it in nearly every Situation and it outdamages all my other stuff. So I would think a Godroll is a roll, that give your personal weapon of preference the boost it needs to stand out of the ton of other options.

On 1/7/2018 at 3:44 AM, Etan-gK said:

what do I consider a god riven roll?

something like this

Unfortunately no, to both, here's why:

Elemental damage is considered II.nd tier damage, good but not "top", Better ones would be crit damage, multishot, damage. Negative to fire rate actually affects weapon negatively.

Sybaris - just mediokrish, punch thru is also II nd tier, useful but not as much as damage /multishot /chc /chd. No negative.

Weapons (both) should have combination of crit damage (both types but if weapon has below 100% crit chance, crit chance is preferable) damage and multishot with negative to zoom or max ammo.  If one of "favorable" damage is swapped with less favorable, that's also god tier. For example Lanka with Crit chance, multishot, fire rate and negative to zoom is still God tier (I call it "Top tier", as many others too)

Edited by ThorienKELL

A god rolled riven is when you have a riven you know is only worth 200 plat but you want to sell it for a thousand. Then you put the word god into your WTS message in trade chat and hope you get away with it. That's basically it.

Edited by rune_me

3 positives or 3 positives + 1 negative

where the positives are the 3 best buffs for that weapon (not necessary the same for all weapons, ie CC CD is only good for crit weapon) and the negative is inconsequential for that weapon.

furthermore, there is a range that you can check on a website, the actual % buff needs to be on the high end of the possible range given the disposition

https://semlar.com/rivencalc

Edited by FAZZWARFRAME

Don't believe these nay sayers. There are absolutely God rolls; it's the price that is subject to scrutiny. And don't let these people pretend there aren't stats people want. If someone offers you a kohm riven with toxin and crit chance and someone offers you a kohm riven with damage, multishot, and status chance WITH an inconsequential negative like minus zoom, which do you think is the God roll...yea it's that easy.                          P.S. negative on a riven raises the other values

1 hour ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

The fact that you think these are God Rivens is what's wrong with trade chat at the moment lol

I don't use trade chat because I don't trade,

these are MY good rivens, which is why I said "what do I consider a god riven roll "  in response to the original question 

• 3 months later...
On 2017-12-20 at 3:31 PM, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

The name says it all GOD riven, whenever you see God, a god, whatever, you'll know it, there are no stretches, any stretch beyond absolute perfection or near absolute perfection is trash and wont spark the interest of people with tons of plat like me. Do you get it?

It's not hard a concept, rich players are smart otherwise they'd be poor, don`t try to fool a smart person nor flood the chat with false advertisement, that will get you nothing but much deserved backlash.

Furthermore, negative buffs increase the positive buff output. That's why you want a negative on it, and it has to be an irrelevant negative. God roll means perfection, there's no almost. 

Some of us "poor players" might just not have any money to buy plat so our only way is to farm said riven and try to get the most of it.

On 2017-12-20 at 9:09 PM, (XB1)HypeR SnipE x said:

I wanted to get an informed view of what is a God Riven?

I've been told multiple answers and yet when I go to advertise a Riven I get of that stature I am told it I should not a God roll.

just looking through the market trade people say a God Roll is 2 +'S and 1 negative.

But does that rule out rivens I have rolled to have 3+'S for example ; +CRit Damage +Status Chance +Crit Chance.

To me the above I said a God Roll, however when advertising I am told it is not as it has no negative, surely no negative with no bad affect on the gun is what makes a God roll?

Please could I get a reply to what you think a God Riven is.

Thanks.

In reality there is no such thing as a god roll because the term is subjective to what one person might deem good stats. On average what you want are either (and this is weapon dependant) +Cc, +CD, +Multishot, +Damage. And maybe a few others. And toll usually want 2 or 3 positives and either one good negative such as recoil or no negative at all. If anyone ever says they have a god roll an are selling it then take it with a grain of salt because it might not have stats you want or need. In fact I'd advise avoiding that person all together because they will try and charge you a crazy amount that it just won't be worth. Best bet buy trash and reroll.