The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.4: Double Affinity Weekend!

[DE]Rebecca

Additions:

Dual Ether, Afuris, and Affinity Booster package is in the Market. Any Affinity Boosters this weekend will result in… QUAD AFFINITY!

Changes:

• Squad info will now be kept on screen regardless of matchmaking mode.
  • Defense missions now begin when the pod/core is reached, meaning idlers do not determine when mission begins. One player must reach the defense target for the first Wave to start
  • Players who are AFK will drop mission critical items that they are carrying.

Nightmare mode tuning:

• Don’t allow 0 shields in nightmare mode if Vampire mode is in effect.
  • Energy Drain mode now gives zero shields in addition to draining energy. Reduced chance of Energy -Drain mode (33% instead of 50%).
  • Mobile Defense is now exempt from No-HUD mode.
  • No-Mini Map mode removed as it was universally despised (but if you really liked it, a post-it note will do the trick).

Fixes:

• Fix for case when offline players enter a lobby and then join a friend during the countdown are unable to play.
  • Fix for Lech Kril being stuch in invincible mode on some encounters.

Especially this::

"Defense missions now begin when the pod/core is reached, meaning idlers do not determine when mission begins. One player must reach the defense target for the first Wave to start"

And I actualy liked the no-map mode... It is "mental" hardness, rather than "twich" of others. Yet, I must say, it is not that hard at this point, to make it realy interesting we need moar "rooms" (map fragments). I hope you remake this mode at some point, perhaps in some new form of entry, so that those not up for mental challenges can avoid it:)

As for other changes to NM, I realy dislike the no-energy/no-shield combination as it means I cant play solo with my beloved "caster" frames - without fuel and shields my Ember becomes a one-shot target... At the same time Rhino, and to a lesser extent Saryn and Frost, in that same situation feel almost at home. That is bad, dont you think? Frames should be kinda "equal" for these purposes, at least its a goal to strive to.

Also, my experience (in armored frames) with vampire mode shows, that even shieldless, it is run&gun, as you become almost invincible if you kill fast enough. So it the most simple mode, careless shoot 'em up... Doing it with shields now, seems even less difficult, isnt it?

Another suggestion I would make, is to scale nonlineary the time bonus in NM timer mode - so that the more time you have, the less you get from a kill (something like a square root curve?), and perhaps tie it to the "CR" (challenge rating) of a killed mob - i.e. killing charger isnt the same as killing ancient...

Anyway, thank you for your continued effort and the fantastic entertainment you provide me with this game!

Forgive text walls, I dont write to often:)

P.S.

I wonder when the damage mitigation (armor) scaling and/or mechanics are gonna be revamped, so that non-armor-ignore weapons are more concurrent:)

So this isn't going to be like last weekend, it isn't going to end one 12 hrs early because too many people have used the xp and it's all gone? :P

'-.-' You see what I did there.. oh ya... '-.-'

PS:: I hated no map mode, but it did make it hard ...

Edited by Darkblue006

What about mission switches to spy? Or mission changes during NM at all? Seems like a low blow that I have to do more work and get the same freaking Focus Energy mod over and over.

Edited by goozilla

• No-Mini Map mode removed as it was universally despised (but if you really liked it, a post-it note will do the trick).

Fixes:

• Fixed continuous fire weapons not swapping out until you stop sprinting.
  • Fixes for badges on Wyrm and DethCube being offset.
  • Fix for weapons not returning after using Ash’s Bladestorm
  • Fixed character walking up on top of crates when trying to destroy them with melee attacks 
  • Fix for killing blows with OGris or Torid affecting resource drops for client. Further stability to replicated drops has been added.
  • Fixed APEX crash.

Those were much needed ! Thanks a million !!!!

Additions:

1nhUTZ4.jpg

That pic is mega funny.

tumblr_m8x1fjk7Sk1rvk0h5o1_500.gif

• Energy Drain mode now gives zero shields in addition to draining energy. Reduced chance of Energy -Drain mode (33% instead of 50%).

Shields never mattered in Vamp mode cause..... oh right... now you cant die in vamp mode.....

yet another

uwi5.jpging to vamp mode

Energy drain was fast so it was weird that there was a drain at all, it should have been no energy mode.

No-mimi map was annoying because it also took away other relevant info.  You couldnt see timers, you couldn't see placed to get data masses and you couldn't see enemies in exterminate missions.  Maybe you could've added some sort notifier to give you clues when you were near important things.

Made me spit out my drink - wasn't expecting that (about the post-it note).

Nice patch, awesome quad-affinity! Thanks DE!

A lot of great changes and updates.

As a suggestion to no mini-map in Nightmare mode, if anyone is still receptive to such a concept anymore, it might be better if the map was obscured like it was in the Informant event due to Spy drones. If I remember correctly, you were unable to see enemy placements and map layout, but it was still somewhat easy to tell the direction of the mission objective through the static. That was the main reason everyone hated having no map, you simply got lost in the expansive levels.

Edited by Haldos

It would be better if the players can adjust the brightness of powers in the options menu for their clients. this would allow people to further adjust how the game looks without blinding other players.

it is better this way so people don't have to stare at bland looking powers.

Considering how bright a Hyper Nova is, would would make sense for her skills to be bright, but to not blind other players, it should be an option on the client side so NO ONE else gets blinded by this. More customization, the better.

Quick Question : If you already have double affinity what will happen considering I purchased a double affinity pack and have a day left will it be quad affinity or will that be postponed until after the weekend or will it just completely be in use but have no affect making it worthless?

• Fix for Dera's laser bolts will always hit to the let of the crosshairs
  • Fixed being able to immediately reload bow weapons every time the sprint key is (pressed? touched? :p)
  • Fix for Lech Kril being stuch in invincible mode on some encounters.
  • Fix for killing blows with OGris or Torid affecting resource drops for client. Further stability to replicated drops has been added.

I'm a bit of a grammar nazi :)