Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does BardFrame actually excel at?

mosaickle

Question

I have a pretty average build for my 0 forma Octavia and although she's fun to run as, I don't actually see what kinda missions she excels at. I have a feeling that her impact to the game is hella indirect since for instance to have a much more direct impact I'd just (and often a ton) run Trinity.

I know Trinity is a healer/energy restorer and Octavia is a "buffer" but I can't help but feel a bit irrelevant when running anything.

For my build, I can't remember exactly what it is but with a 0 forma build I'm pretty sure I have average efficiency, a bit less than 100% strength, and a ton of range and duration (which someone suggested some time ago).

I have a sneaking suspicion that she's great at defense due to her 4 being a 'grounded' ability, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that if it got changed so it would follow you like an aura she might be broken...I dunno though...

7 answers to this question

i find her great for survivals...particularly because her 1 and 2 damage ramp up as the enemies attack it, thus killing them no matter the level...her 3 is great if you good with any kind of timing though that jump speed buff is hard to pull off. Her 4 is great for buffing everything, but i dont think it scales at all unfortunately....thus it would fall off quickly.

Octavia, despite seeming squishy, has great survivability, in the form of her 1st and second abilities that also scale incredibly well into higher levels. Her 3rd and 4th grant a bunch of supportive passive abilities, but the most notable are the increase in range and damage of her 1st and the invis granted from the 3rd.

Excellent frame. She can even sometimes swap in for my (oh dear, blasphemy!) nova. Frikkin nova. That's how good octavia is. 3 is for constant invisibility. Some other buffs too. 1+4 control the area and multiply damage. 2 is only when you move. She excels in stationary missions but can play anything really. Get some nice proper tune for her. Hint - some tunes are easier to activate buffs on. Her biggest drawback is for me (subjective ofc.) ugly looks. When she gets de lux skin in same grade as volt or oberon, I will use her even more.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb maj.death:

Everything. 

Pretty much. Definitly not my kinda frame (didn't even start the quest yet cause i don't like her visuals) but from what i've seen ahe's able to reflect enemy damage back to them as aoe while providing top notch Support/self buffs...hell, she's among the few frames that can fight teralysts from what you hear, that's how good she's set.