Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Critical Delay?

(XBOX)Avant Solace

So while trying to find the perfect setup for my Soma I stumbled upon the mod "Critical Delay". At first it looked like exactly what I needed, however as the wiki states it actually hurts weapons more than it helps. Put simply, its fire rate penalty outweighs its Critical Chance boost. Now I know no corrupted mod is perfect, but seeing as how the number of crit-chance boosting mods is already low for primaries, it only makes sense that the few mods that do actually give a bonus do so effectively.

So here is how I see it: The mod either needs a reduction in its fire rate penalty, or a small buff in its critical chance.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind a small buff in crit chance but the mod isn't really meant for weapons like the Soma, it's more for snipers like the Vectis or something where both the crit and the -fire rate can be used as an advantage like the Grakata, which has a lot of kick at base fire rate..

1 minute ago, AXCrusnik said:

I wouldn't mind a small buff in crit chance but the mod isn't really meant for weapons like the Soma, it's more for snipers like the Vectis or something where both the crit and the -fire rate can be used as an advantage like the Grakata, which has a lot of kick at base fire rate..

While I agree that its not entirely for Crit-based weapons, it can't be ignored that there are no real alternatives to it. Aside from Argon Scope (which is a highly rare and specialized mod), only Point Strike and Critical Delay exist to boost primary crit chance. If there was a primed Point Strike or perhaps some sort of nightmare mod that gives crit chance, then it'd be a better argument. However, as it stands there is just not enough mod variety to warrant such exclusion.

it'd nice for the Corrupted Crit Chance Mods to be something more akin to +75% Crit Chance for their Rate of Fire reduction, it'd made them a useful choice that one could opt into.
because 75% would be enough to get a useful effect out of them, while still taking a noticable penalty that would either have an effect on the Weapon or would take up another Mod Slot to compensate for.

the important part here is making it useful enough to be worth replacing another Mod for - but not so high that it just unilaterally replaces the Mods you'd otherwise be using.

this ofcourse applies to not only Critical Delay, but also to Critical Deceleration and Creeping Bullseye.

Edited by taiiat

Unless you buff them out the wazoo, they will never be worth the modslot they so valuably occupy, sadly.

I think a better idea might be this:

Buff the positive part of Corrupted mods to be better than the basic mod's effect, but let them be unequippable with one another!

In this case, examples numbers could be:
Point Strike -> +150% crit chance
Critical Delay -> 240% crit chance, but also grants -36% fire rate.

Pick one or the other, but never both!

That'd make us have actual modding CHOICES for once.