Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunting Is Hard

(PSN)slayerserenity

u can farm stuff for amps
and use those lol
and for finding a team id recommend the recruit chat, the relay chat, the clan chat or the alliance chat
i know typing on cosoles is annoying but it was your own choice and there is no one u could blame

That's the point of recruitment chat.   Don't know about PS4, but I see people asking to form Teralyst hunt team whenever it's night time. Even in the area chat for Cetus, I see people asking about Teralyst hunt at night.  If you have clan mates or friends, ask them to hunt with you.  Playing with people you know is definitely the best experience.  If my friends ask me to join them to hunt Teralysts, I'd be happy to.  I will always need more standings....

Please DE

Right now it's terrible, I just spent the nightcycle loading in 20+ random pug games and none of them was Teralyst viable. Several times I ended up in the same fishing party I really didn't want to be in. It's always annoying to have to load 5-10 times looking for something vaguely doable, and I have lowered my expectations so much that I don't expect more than 1 capture a night. That is sad in and of itself. I don't like to just declare my annoyance so here's a bit of constructive advice.

For a long while I felt this could be handled much better if you could start a  Teralyst Hunt mission in the mission bar in Orbiter. Then you know at least it's not the kazillionth public fishing game started by a low MR player or someone who walked out of Cetus. You'd have reasonable odds that people even bring frames and weaponry that deals with the Hunt. And make it L30 frame required while you're at it. Lock it behind some MR. Even the people who might not be up to snuff at least show interest and are worth explaining and showing the basic fight to. That wouldn't feel like the terribly draining loss of time that it is now for non premades.

You could keep your entire walk into the zone setup that you're no doubt very proud off, but just add the ability to enter specifically from Orbiter as a Mission as opposed to just clicking on the Plains in the Nav map. The mission blurb could even elaborate on the dififculty off the mission and warn off people unprepared. 

Current design has truly sapped my will to even try to hunt Teralyst. It has frustrated me so much that I am making the effort to come look at the forum which I don't ever visit to vent about it because I feel it IS something that is within your reach to modify. It needs just a bit of attention to switch from a bod to a good experience. Right now the Plains at night, a much advertised feature that draws in new people to the game, is a sore thorn for both new and old players. The game is already structured around that Mission bar. With the addition of future and harder missions, this is going to become even more important for everyone who's not got or want to make premade teams. Please give this some thought.

Edited by Koalachan

I'd settle for a 'night time' or 'fight teralyst' option on the starmap... even if it's only if you load directly into cetus/PoE from the star map.

Needing to hit the night cycle isn't always possible during our available play time and it's going to get even worse with the other 2, one seems like it will need rain as well so it's throwing rng into the mix too...  

As it is now even if I wanted to work on getting my quills levelled up it's far harder than it needs to be because more often than not it's day time on PoE when I log into the game...