Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn’t the Liset Prime change the inside of your ship?

(PSN)BLOOD-LINE-01

3 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

No it´s not, our cockpit has way more space then the actual Liset.

Actually it’s the same size. There is also a decompression and compression when going up and down the ramp (do cockpits have ramps?). Also the many gifs and examples of the Liset docking with the Orbiter, along with the fact there isn’t actually any other way off the Orbiter itself, make it very clear it’s the Liset at the front.

2 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I comment because you keep talking to me...

(Sigh) Really? Are we seriously going to do the chicken and the egg argument now.

3 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I've looked

Clearly you haven’t.

if it's there it not directly obvious

Apart from the fact that Ordis never shuts up about it and the fact that your ship is clearly far bigger than your actual Landing Craft. That wasn’t obvious enough for you?

4 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

it's not going to be as obvious as you lot make it out to be.

I think the fact that every new player has to go through a quest where they actually physically get their Liset and can do a size comparison based on that, means that it’s pretty obvious that maybe the ship is just a little small to be housing three huge chambers and still have enough room left over to install a dance floor.

Just now, Carnage2K4 said:

My assumption saves me looking at one more obvious inconsistency, Until it's in-game nothing will change for me... how do you still not get this? I've said it like 3 times now... even in my 1st post addressing this.

because DE has already provided the information in devstreams and in game. Why else would they call the thing that drops you off a "landing craft," and the place you have your foundry and stuff an "Orbiter"? Because they're TWO SEPARATE SHIPS! *mind blown*

Why do you think there's Orbiter Segments, and then the separate LANDINGCRAFT segments.

And why are you so persistent to ignore the ultimate proof that the concept design for the orbiter in the devstream is seen right in the skybox of the relay?

Try and try again, I'm the one that's literally wondering:

4 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

how do you still not get this?

Because in all honesty, you trying to hard to ignore DE's and the game's proof of the landing crafts and orbiter just makes me brain melt. And Thus there's no further reason to try to get you to understand, so goodbye, have a nice day. Don't let DE's vision of this game make you lose sleep at night.

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Yea it’s another obvious tip that the front is in fact the Liset. They even have the decompression smoke/steam effect when lowering the ramp. 

I always saw the steam coming down but it honestly never occurred to me it's the decompression! Very good catch on that!

4 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

I always saw the steam coming down but it honestly never occurred to me it's the decompression! Very good catch on that!

Yea it’s an effect thats been in a lot if sci-fi. 

I am curious as the how it would change if DE decided to make it so that ship skins actually affected the interior. A new cockpit layout for each landing craft would be interesting. Hopefully it becomes a feature one day.

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Yea it’s an effect thats been in a lot if sci-fi. 

I am curious as the how it would change if DE decided to make it so that ship skins actually affected the interior. A new cockpit layout for each landing craft would be interesting. Hopefully it becomes a feature one day.

that would be fun! As stated in the OP, prime Liset definitely needs it! Would be fun if the others got it too!

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

because, depending on the amount of changes, you are looking at way too much work for an item that is available for a whole three months before being retired for god knows how long.

a changed interior geometry would mess with DE if they plan to have more quest cutscenes in the future because it is not the same for everyone

It’s not just the Liset Prime. What about the other ships too? Like the Mantis and such.

It doesn’t have to be drastic changes like the rooms are switched over etc. Just like a small makeover.

34 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Why do you think there's Orbiter Segments, and then the separate LANDINGCRAFT segments.

As far as I'm concerned (as I already stated) it's all the same ship to me, You're in the Liset in space, in the Liset while "orbiting", in the Liset with squad, in the Liset when extracting... Landing craft and Orbiter are the same thing.
Until it's actually in-game, and I see that that's how it is, what happens on Dev stream is just a possibility or what could be.

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

As far as I'm concerned (as I already stated) it's all the same ship to me, You're in the Liset in space, in the Liset while "orbiting", in the Liset with squad, in the Liset when extracting... Landing craft and Orbiter are the same thing.

36 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

And why are you so persistent to ignore the ultimate proof that the concept design for the orbiter in the devstream is seen right in the skybox of the relay?

2 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I'm in my ship Orbiter, I can see squad members in their Liset (not orbiter), they see me in my Liset (not Orbiter while I'm in my Orbiter) I enter their Liset, now I'm in their Orbiter (not Liset) while being able to see my Liset (not Orbiter), but if I return to my Liset (not Orbiter) which I can see, I'm now in my Orbiter...

9 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

It's like you're going around in loops, despite how many times I've told you to stop combining online gameplay with story, and how you see the world is in no way how others see you. My goodness why am I bothering when logic fails to be acknowledged in these conversations. My suggestion, just go as DE. Ask them. Ask any of the mods. Get a twitter. here, I'll give you their twitter links: 

https://twitter.com/rebbford

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair

https://twitter.com/moitoi

https://twitter.com/GooseDE

https://twitter.com/DE_KickBot

Now go, ask them. Since wiki AND Digital Extremes devstreams aren't enough proof, and you fail to listen to anyone on the forums despite all the proof, we want you to eat your words, and ask the Digital Extremes staff.

Inb4: I don't have twitter.

Then make one. Go prove us wrong. You're trying so desperately to be right, so here's your chance. Go. 

inb4: do it yourself

Nope, I gave you the option. Go do it. Prove us wrong. Cards are at the table. Deal them. Do it

Edited by FashionFrame

15 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

It's like you're going around in loops, despite how many times I've told you to stop combining online gameplay with story, and how you see the world is in no way how others see you. My goodness why am I bothering when logic fails to be acknowledged in these conversations. My suggestion, just go as DE. Ask them. Ask any of the mods. Get a twitter. here, I'll give you their twitter links: 

https://twitter.com/rebbford

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair

https://twitter.com/moitoi

https://twitter.com/GooseDE

https://twitter.com/DE_KickBot

Now go, ask them. Since wiki AND Digital Extremes devstreams aren't enough proof, and you fail to listen to anyone on the forums despite all the proof, we want you to eat your words, and ask the Digital Extremes staff.

Inb4: I don't have twitter.

Then make one. Go prove us wrong. You're trying so desperately to be right, so here's your chance. Go. 

I'm not asking to be convinced...
I've said it's a pointless argument...
But you insist on telling me to make extra assumptions, split off the game... which is the story... to the story which is not the game?.. to make said assumptions, then tell me to ask others... I know who DE are, I know what DE have said, yet ,you're still the one trying to convince me of stuff, I've already stated the requirements I have to being accepted (it needed to be clear in game (I just checked out the relay skybox and still cannot see this orbiter) which it's not), while assuming I'm trying to "prove you wrong".. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, I'm saying I chose not to take non-in-game concepts as 'facts' and therefore I'll make a consistency assumption over resorting to wiki out-of-game concepts that have a clear problem in game for me (ie the squad/liset ship issue).

You're the one that keeps on going, getting pissy when I've stated quite clearly many times how it is.
In case you missed it; I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, or asking to be convinced, I'm simply defending my personal assumption that deals with a visually identified issue that is seen every day, that is yet to be resolved in game, because I have 2-3 ppl trying to diminish it with extrapolated possibilities.

Edited by Carnage2K4

1 minute ago, Carnage2K4 said:

But you insist on telling me to make extra assumptions, split off the game... which is the story... to the story which is not the game?.. to make said assumptions, then tell me to ask others... I know who they are, I know what they have said, yet ,you're still the one trying to convince me of stuff, I've already stated the requirements I have to being accepted (it needed to be clear in game (I just checked out the relay skybox and still cannot see this orbiter) which it's not), while assuming I'm trying to "prove you wrong".. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, I'm saying I chose not to take non-in-game concepts as 'facts' and therefore I'll make a consistency assumption over resorting to wiki out-of-game concepts that have a clear problem in game for me (ie the squad/liset ship issue).

You're the one that keeps on going, getting pissy when I've stated quite clearly many times how it is. 

You just replied. That's you adding to the "pointless argument."

And I'm not getting pissy, that's you putting emotions into text on a screen. Here I thought I was having a civil conversation, but nah, lets start assuming further how the person on the other end is feeling. Guess I'll just stop here. I gave you a perfect, legitimate way to get an answer, and you just brushed it aside and then state your "requirement" can't be that.

Talk to DE. That's all the requirements you need.

End of discussion for me. You can't seem to take that extra step to finding knowledge, and then throw random thoughts that we're in an argument and that I'm somehow getting "Pissy."

I'm not.

Have a nice day!

The only thing you guys need to do is ignore him. Don't bother trying to reason with someone who's clearly blinded to facts, with an opinion that affects no one. If he thinks we're always on our Liset (we technically are, as it attaches to the Orbiter :^), well, let him. No one cares. Stop arguing.

18 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

But you insist on telling me to make extra assumptions, split off the game... which is the story... to the story which is not the game?.. to make said assumptions, then tell me to ask others... I know who DE are, I know what DE have said, yet ,you're still the one trying to convince me of stuff, I've already stated the requirements I have to being accepted (it needed to be clear in game (I just checked out the relay skybox and still cannot see this orbiter) which it's not), while assuming I'm trying to "prove you wrong".. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, I'm saying I chose not to take non-in-game concepts as 'facts' and therefore I'll make a consistency assumption over resorting to wiki out-of-game concepts that have a clear problem in game for me (ie the squad/liset ship issue).

In case you missed it; I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, or asking to be convinced, I'm simply defending my personal assumption that deals with a visually identified issue that is seen every day, that is yet to be resolved in game, because I have 2-3 ppl trying to diminish it with extrapolated possibilities.

7lCJYNM.gif

17 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

You just replied. That's you adding to the "pointless argument."

And I'm not getting pissy, that's you putting emotions into text on a screen. Here I thought I was having a civil conversation, but nah, lets start assuming further how the person on the other end is feeling. Guess I'll just stop here. I gave you a perfect, legitimate way to get an answer, and you just brushed it aside and then state your "requirement" can't be that.

Talk to DE. That's all the requirements you need.

End of discussion for me. You can't seem to take that extra step to finding knowledge, and then throw random thoughts that we're in an argument and that I'm somehow getting "Pissy."

I'm not.

Have a nice day!

It's not an argument because I'm not trying to make something that's not correct a fact, or trying to convince you to adhere to my assumption, I'm simply explaining my position on it then having to defend that position because you seem intent on forcing your own opinions on to me, In my real life I don't accept religion or I don't accept non-empirical hypothesis as point of career, while you may not know this, I'm not going to relent in those aspects and I'll not do it in this one, hence why I've always said I'll alter my opinion when it's in game, not sure why it's so difficult to understand that.

And you may not be pissy, but you sound really pissy reading your post: "Now go, ask them", "Go do it. Prove us wrong", "we want you to eat your words".
Don't talk that way against what I've already said was pointless, and that I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I say this yet you continue to create this fantasy where I'm attempting to make fact my assumption even after I've stated otherwise numerous times. 

Edited by Carnage2K4

It's not an argument because I'm not trying to make something that's not correct a fact, or trying to convince you to adhere to my assumption, I'm simply explaining my position on it then having to defend that position because you seem intent on forcing your own opinions on to me, In my real life I don't accept religion or I don't accept non-empirical hypothesis as point of career, while you may not know this, I'm not going to relent in those aspects and I'll not do it in this one, hence why I've always said I'll alter my opinion when it's in game, not sure why it's so difficult to understand that.

And you may not be pissy, but you sound really pissy reading your post: "Now go, ask them", "Go do it. Prove us wrong", "we want you to eat your words".
Don't talk that way against what I've already said was pointless, and that I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I say this yet you continue to create this fantasy where I'm attempting to make fact my assumption even after I've stated otherwise numerous time. 

You just stated it as an argument and then say it isn't.

30 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

facepalm-gif-8.gif

"And you may not be pissy, but you sound really pissy reading your post"

You literally didn't read my post, did you? As I stated: " that's you putting emotions into text on a screen." You can only blame yourself for reading my words as such.

And what I've been saying this whole time, what DE has said this whole time, what the wiki that posted that DE said on their site, isn't facts? Alrighty then. Continue living in THAT fantasy of yours.

9 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

What? seems clear my position... can't help it if ppl want to be so apparently offended by it.

And again, you overreading and putting false emotions in my text. Way to go!

30 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

You just stated it as an argument and then say it isn't.

facepalm-gif-8.gif

"And you may not be pissy, but you sound really pissy reading your post"

You literally didn't read my post, did you? As I stated: " that's you putting emotions into text on a screen." You can only blame yourself for reading my words as such.

And what I've been saying this whole time, what DE has said this whole time, what the wiki that posted that DE said on their site, isn't facts? Alrighty then. Continue living in THAT fantasy of yours.

And again, you overreading and putting false emotions in my text. Way to go!

Yes the argument is pointless, i.e. me arguing (attempting to convince you) that the Orbiter and Liset are the same thing, but as you've clearly missed for about the 5th time, I've never tried to do that... I've just been defending my position against what I see as lacking points.
You may be in an argument because you're so intent for some reason, to convince me, but it's not been reciprocated, that's your misunderstanding, not mine so faceplam all you like sir.

Yeah... I say it right there... "you may not be pissy"... are you just reiterating my comment for the point reiteration? seems like a pointless statement... twice...

No they're not "facts" because what constitute 'facts' in this concept are open to interpretation and alternative conditions, i.e. you use outside sources to present as 'facts', I do not, I prefer a more empirical type of fact; I only use in-game observations, observations I can confirm with others in-game, extra-game material to me can be interesting and provide context, but as it's not actually in-game, I don't use it to perceive an overall in-game conception of events and mechanisms because in my opinion, a game is what it is as a game, not outside hypothesis or unrealised ideas that may never become reality. Half created ideas on 3rd party pages or "we want to do X" ideas...these things are not directly visible to someone who may not go to the wiki or watch dev streams so they are not a part of the current game as the game, they are external extrapolations of what "might be", not of what is.

Edited by Carnage2K4

43qa8j5166xz.png

Orokin Lua Map room

c76qUsb.jpg

PsiIPmu.jpg

Our orbiter...

nuOuGqf.jpg

The Corpus I was fighting for good measure.

Buh the game don't explicitly say it and beat me over the head with this knowledge beyond some possibly misinterpreted voice lines.

30aPGmP.jpg

Figured I'd show this rarely seen interior part that in no way serves some kind of role in operating as a way to separate two parts and is in no way there to illustrate the designers intention.

Edited by Firetempest

5 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

43qa8j5166xz.png

Orokin Lua Map room

c76qUsb.jpg

PsiIPmu.jpg

Our orbiter...

nuOuGqf.jpg

The Corpus I was fighting for good measure.

Buh the game don't explicitly say it and beat me over the head with this knowledge beyond some possibly misinterpreted voice lines.

30aPGmP.jpg

Figured I'd show this rarely seen interior part that in no way serves some kind of role in operating as a way to separate two parts and is in no way there to illustrate the designers intention.

Inb4 @Carnage2K4 throws some ridiculous excuse on why it isn't the orbiter despite all the facts right in the face with these few images.