Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is really triggering me...

(XBOX)MerlyBR

So personal quarters,waiting for it to come at Xbox 1 and i recently saw some vídeos (first of all i know that i should farm plat and i am crying because of this but i want to complain about it)

I noticed that you need to buy `the wall painting´ and the fish tank themes with plat and i am just askinng why? why do we need to spend more plat on the fashionframe off our quarters?

at least the somachord is for free ( i know that you need to find the notes)

We have no content pay walls in warframe. We're not forced to pay cash for the next cinematic quest or any DLC planets or mission areas. We don't even have to buy weapons or warframes. Generous business models are rare in the free-to-play climate.

Heaven forbid if they try to make some cash in none-consequential aspects of the game.

1 minute ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

We have no content pay walls in warframe. We're not forced to pay cash for the next cinematic quest or any DLC planets or mission areas. We don't even have to buy weapons or warframes. Generous business models are rare in the free-to-play climate.

Heaven forbid if they try to make some cash in none-consequential aspects of the game.

You do have a content pay wall in Warframe. It is called slots.

But in general I agree that fashion frame is pay to fashion and this is mostly okay.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

You do have a content pay wall in Warframe. It is called slots.

But in general I agree that fashion frame is pay to fashion and this is mostly okay.

True, but since you pay for those slots with plat that is easily tradeable, is it still a "true" pay wall?

Just now, MagPrime said:

True, but since you pay for those slots with plat that is easily tradeable, is it still a "true" pay wall?

A slippery slope, NerfPrime.

In theory (and practice for me) only tennogen items and Prime accessories are true "pay to own". But do not forget the woes of a new player in the current climate of Warframe - not everyone has 3 meme strikes in the back pocket for black days.

A slippery slope, NerfPrime.

In theory (and practice for me) only tennogen items and Prime accessories are true "pay to own". But do not forget the woes of a new player in the current climate of Warframe - not everyone has 3 meme strikes in the back pocket for black days.

Pay wall and pay to win are two different things though.  I'm referring to the fact that the currency used to obtain slots is tradeable and a player doesn't have to spend real money to obtain it, and thus the slots, and also wondering if that's a hard pay wall, or a soft one.

And no, not everyone has spare mods to sell, but on my alt account I've gotten by selling Nightmare and Corrupted mods, as well as rare stances and a few pet imprints.  That's not even touching on any potential Prime sets that could be sold. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Pay wall and pay to win are two different things though.  I'm referring to the fact that the currency used to obtain slots is tradeable and a player doesn't have to spend real money to obtain it, and thus the slots, and also wondering if that's a hard pay wall, or a soft one.

And no, not everyone has spare mods to sell, but on my alt account I've gotten by selling Nightmare and Corrupted mods, as well as rare stances and a few pet imprints.  That's not even touching on any potential Prime sets that could be sold. 

This is assuming that the average Warframe player wants to deal  with trade chat and make grofit, which is truly not the case with the advent of riven spam in trade.
And even with that.
Even with me being able to pay for my rushed room segment, my vinyls, stands and pet beds.

De should allow for more actual craftable customization of the Orbiter - outside of Anasa, Fidget Spiners, Syndicate nogles and whatever Baro may or may not bring.

So far the only thing that is triggering me about the quarters is the fact that I really want to buy a pet bed and pet toys but at the same time I don't want to because of the whole DNA degradation issue. Yes I have the upgraded module, I built that before I ever bothered with companions because I wasn't about to log in to "your pet is arbitrarily dead". 

Even with the upgrade module I prefer keeping my pets in cold storage as micromanaging their DNA stability is just a chore and adds nothing to the game. You literally spend a nominal amount of credits and press a button every like three days.... Wooo~ 

That said even tho my companion can't "die" as my 5 forma Kavat will just get chucked into cold storage automatically..... it is still a mechanic that gives me pause and makes it so I don't want to let her roam around the orbiter freely. Consequently also the reason that I use Sentinels most of the time even tho I would prefer my Kavat. As I would have to take her out of storage pay the pittance (10k credits lel) to speed up recovery, go on some missions and then put her back into storage before I log out. In case I don't log in for a couple days/week. IMHO that is more of an issue than the lack of Vacuum on Companions.

Aaaanyhow, yeah so pet beds trigger me :P 

This is assuming that the average Warframe player wants to deal  with trade chat and make grofit, which is truly not the case with the advent of riven spam in trade.
And even with that.
Even with me being able to pay for my rushed room segment, my vinyls, stands and pet beds.

De should allow for more actual craftable customization of the Orbiter - outside of Anasa, Fidget Spiners, Syndicate nogles and whatever Baro may or may not bring.

Oh, I agree.  

1 minute ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

While I agree that it's great that we CAN get everything in the game for free (except for a handful of cosmetics from Prime Accessories and PlayStation/Xbox/Steam stuff) you should consider throwing some money their way. Support the devs if you love the game, guys. :platinum: 

I've thrown ~$700 at them over 4 years.  Is that enough?

Just now, MagPrime said:

You know I like getting both. 

And you know they wont break up the packs.  

I know we have been moaning for years considering that (not exaggerating). 

And I also know that with all given and taken so far DE are not the bad guys. I want to support them, but not in freebie ways.

I know we have been moaning for years considering that (not exaggerating). 

And I also know that with all given and taken so far DE are not the bad guys. I want to support them, but not in freebie ways.

I don't think they're the bad guys, just that they are a bit short sighted and make frustrating choices.  But above all, they are a business and not our bosom buddies. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

I don't think they're the bad guys, just that they are a bit short sighted and make frustrating choices.  But above all, they are a business and not our bosom buddies. 

Companies should adapt. Outside of the fact that they will try to sell a reheated primes for 3-rd time (Ember and Frost), Frost was actually free to gain for a long time so it would be a lot smarter to try to appeal to a broader player base - almost everyone has Frost Prime, almost no one has his accessories. 

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Considering how most of the other devs/publishers behave, DE is practically ANGELIC in comparison.    

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Companies should adapt. Outside of the fact that they will try to sell a reheated primes for 3-rd time (Ember and Frost), Frost was actually free to gain for a long time so it would be a lot smarter to try to appeal to a broader player base - almost everyone has Frost Prime, almost no one has his accessories. 

reheated?

I'm actually (foolishly) holding out hope they don't bring Frost Prime out to play with the unvaulting, specifically because he's been on the Prime for Prime promotion for so long.

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Considering how most of the other devs/publishers behave, DE is practically ANGELIC in comparison.    

Still doesn't make it ok.  It's like saying you wont leave an emotionally abusive partner because at least they aren't physically abusive like the last one.  /shrug

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Not saying that they are not and if comes down to Pushing and Shoving I would support Digital Extremes in multiple ways (as I already have).

That does not mean turning blind eye if something is amiss.

5 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Absolutely correct. And since his accessories can be slotted with any frame I would rather see Nova, Volt and Nyx.  They will need to change how they unvault frames as well..because unvaulting Mag, Rhino this summer again well suck IMO.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Still doesn't make it ok.  It's like saying you wont leave an emotionally abusive partner because at least they aren't physically abusive like the last one.  /shrug

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Not saying that they are not and if comes down to Pushing and Shoving I would support Digital Extremes in multiple ways (as I already have).

That does not mean turning blind eye if something is amiss.

My statement wasn't giving an excuse.  Just an observation.  Trust me that when and should DE do something that I find foolish or unfair I will and do chastise them.  The change and then revert of Assimilate augment being one of those times.  

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Absolutely correct. And since his accessories can be slotted with any frame I would rather see Nova, Volt and Nyx. 

I think all 3 are set for spring 2018, but to be honest I have not researched the accessories they have.

Edit : Volt Prime access was a rather bad time.

Edited by phoenix1992