Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime With Prime

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Your missing the point, in that circumstance where frost was covering the room in snow globes and I had speedva there was nothing that could be done, your comparing a completely different set of circumstances that make absolutely no point in the current argument, again not a mind reader so I cannot predict when frost will be herp de derp in a mission or have no idea what they are doing, and yes Im aware that any ability can go through frost globes, and as I said before your missing the point entirely.

The point is that you're getting mad about someone making it harder for you to rush a defense mission, but the only defense missions that are really worth rushing are small enough that speedva is always going to be less efficient than other frames that can just nuke the whole map regardless.  So in the end you're mad that you can't play as efficiently as you want, but you aren't even playing as efficiently as you could anyways.

1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

Your missing the point, in that circumstance where frost was covering the room in snow globes and I had speedva there was nothing that could be done, your comparing a completely different set of circumstances that make absolutely no point in the current argument, again not a mind reader so I cannot predict when frost will be herp de derp in a mission or have no idea what they are doing, and yes Im aware that any ability can go through frost globes, and as I said before your missing the point entirely.

Maybe I am. I'm just trying to say that it seems like you are complaining about other peoples choice of frame, when you obviously also didn't bring the best frame for what you intended to do. There's no problem with taking a speedva, but it really works best if you know what everyone else will also be bringing. If all it takes is one frost to screw up your gameplay, then it would be far more efficient for you to bring something like Saryn or Banshee that doesn't have this weakness.

I'm not saying you should be a mindreader. I'm saying that if you play a public game, you should bring something that can hold it's own no matter what the other players bring, instead of having to rely on your random team bringing the frames you want them to (because they won't). I don't lock the door in my house because I can predict there will be a break in. I do it as a preventive measure, in case there should be one.

1 hour ago, Aggh said:

The point is that you're getting mad about someone making it harder for you to rush a defense mission, but the only defense missions that are really worth rushing are small enough that speedva is always going to be less efficient than other frames that can just nuke the whole map regardless.  So in the end you're mad that you can't play as efficiently as you want, but you aren't even playing as efficiently as you could anyways.

No its not, if you read the original title of the thread that you continously keep trying to derail this is about giving more prime stuff for rewards, I outlined why I think its a bad idea, you countered the argument with no structural bases other than I shouldn't play in public or I should be a freakin mind reader, when my original point I was trying to get across is why I think DE shouldn't be handing out prime frames to new players, instead give them regular frames or weapons that could be considered harder to get, or alternatively give them prime mods since those would be the most useful to them, hell give them prime mods that are fully leveled but make them untradeable,  I'm done trying to argue with people as to which frame is better to bring on a mission, Ive been playing this game long enough to know better.

27 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

when my original point I was trying to get across is why I think DE shouldn't be handing out prime frames to new players, instead give them regular frames or weapons that could be considered harder to get

So you don't want Frost Prime in a mission if the player don't know how to use him, but regular frost is fine? Sorry, but that argument makes no sense. Regular Frost's snow bubbles should be just as annoying as Frost Prime's.

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

No its not, if you read the original title of the thread that you continously keep trying to derail this is about giving more prime stuff for rewards, I outlined why I think its a bad idea, you countered the argument with no structural bases other than I shouldn't play in public or I should be a freakin mind reader, when my original point I was trying to get across is why I think DE shouldn't be handing out prime frames to new players, instead give them regular frames or weapons that could be considered harder to get, or alternatively give them prime mods since those would be the most useful to them, hell give them prime mods that are fully leveled but make them untradeable,  I'm done trying to argue with people as to which frame is better to bring on a mission, Ive been playing this game long enough to know better.

Even if your argument made even the slightest bit of sense, frost is one of what?  Two frames in the entire game whose abilities can at all dictate how other players have to play in an area.  All they'd have to do is give out another prime frame.  

Your problem can be played around and players can be taught how to play frames.  One of the strengths of warframe's community is that so many people are willing to help out new players.  In my experience the vast majority of frosts playing as you did just didn't know how to pop snowglobes, telling them how to fixes things pretty much every time.  One bad experience on your part does not make a trend.  You sir are petty and the attitude you've presented here is a stain on this community's reputation.

Edited by Aggh

Sounds like the Frost guy was probably not familiar on how to use his abilities correctly?  You picked to join a public game so expect people to play how ever they like and not how you want them to play.  Maybe next time just make up your own party so you can lead it and tell them how they should play around your frame abilities?

• 1 month later...

With the new trinity prime with prime bundle, this really helped get into the swing of using different style warframes, for the longest time i used really tanky frame (rhino, valkyr, etc) with trinity prime. This lead me to a whole new style of gameplay. Team support and a ton of micromanagement. But I love the frame and enjoy the new play style. Im not sure I ever would have used this type of frame without this deal. But I also agree with alot of the veterans, you have to work at least a little for the primes you get. The feeling when I got my first prime weapon was amazing. So if DE does another one I think they should go with a slightly under used frame to get people who havent played using that frame again and getting it back into popularity, it would be a great way to circulate frames. As for cosmetics keep them coming for people who dont have a high platinum balance. If you dont like it cause they dont know how to use it. If you come across someone not using it how it is intended to be used teach them the right way or let them figure it out 

On 2018-06-11 at 1:19 PM, SenariousNex said:

Cosmetics? Yes

Frames? Hell no, cut that nonsense out.

Im all in for cosmetics, but they just need to carefully pick which frames they use. Frames that the general warframe community dont often us. In my opinion that is the best way to do it. Not just prime frames maybe? Next time do a mid tier normal frame. Or a vaulted weapon even. Like with the vectis from Christmas. But they dont need to completely remove frames from these deals. If they really want to they could make new codex entries on the different frames play styles. or at least the major ones.