Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime With Prime

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

As I said in the original comment, it's something that is noticeable now, before it wasn't, I never said there was none originally....  There's a difference between it being a small subset which is unnoticeable to something that is more apparent due to a change in the type of player now playing the game. 

Yeah, I bet the year you've been here has given you some real perspective on this lol. People were saying the same kind of crap about people when the community was complaining about the pro system back in closed beta.  This is nothing new.

14 minutes ago, Aggh said:

Yeah, I bet the year you've been here has given you some real perspective on this lol. People were saying the same kind of crap about people when the community was complaining about the pro system back in closed beta.  This is nothing new.

If you say so, I've been here a lot longer than a year.... I do love it when 'founders' think they know everything just because they've got their little tag.... oh wait you're just proving your point aren't you... yeah I'm wrong, the game had already attracted the sort of players that downgrade the gaming experience...

Edited by LSG501

Just now, LSG501 said:

If you say so.... I do love it when 'founders' think they know everything just because they've got their little tag....

It's less to do with the tag and more to do with having seen five years of people accusing other players of wanting stuff for free/wanting instant gratification/blah blah blah.  It's even more cringe worthy when they think they've discovered some kind of new trend in the player base :/

6 minutes ago, Aggh said:

It's less to do with the tag and more to do with having seen five years of people accusing other players of wanting stuff for free/wanting instant gratification/blah blah blah.  It's even more cringe worthy when they think they've discovered some kind of new trend in the player base :/

As usual you're completely ignoring the bit where I never said there wasn't any of it before to try and make your point seem more valid...it's not my fault if you can't see the increase that others have seen but feel free to keep thinking that it hasn't changed if it makes you feel better. 

Edited by LSG501

26 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

As usual you're completely ignoring the bit where I never said there wasn't any of it before to try and make your point seem more valid...it's not my fault if you can't see the increase that others have seen but feel free to keep thinking that it hasn't changed if it makes you feel better. 

No, its your fault that you're one of many people with the preconceived notion that giving players free stuff will make them greedy.  It clouds your perception of the player base.  You're no better than some old geezer talking about how he walked 10 miles to school in the snow uphill both ways.  There has not been an increase in people asking for free stuff, you just want to be that way since it lines up with your bias and makes you feel special :/

Edited by Aggh

1 hour ago, Aggh said:

No, its your fault that you're one of many people with the preconceived notion that giving players free stuff will make them greedy.  It clouds your perception of the player base.  You're no better than some old geezer talking about how he walked 10 miles to school in the snow uphill both ways.  There has not been an increase in people asking for free stuff, you just want to be that way since it lines up with your bias and makes you feel special :/

As I said if you want to keep thinking you're right then feel free, my viewpoint isn't to make me feel special, it's observations that myself and others in my clan have made since 'free with prime' started and if that makes my viewpoint biased in your eyes then I will just have to live with that comment from someone who knows everything about everyone's experiences in the game apparently...

20 hours ago, LSG501 said:

If you say so, I've been here a lot longer than a year.... I do love it when 'founders' think they know everything just because they've got their little tag.... oh wait you're just proving your point aren't you... yeah I'm wrong, the game had already attracted the sort of players that downgrade the gaming experience...

Yes, you're wrong, those players are present in every F2P game because of the balance required to make players feel that paying actual money for in game items is worth it.  The idea that Warframe is attracting greedy players with giveaways is ridiculous because every F2P game does stuff like this.  It's part and parcel of the pay model given that they tend to have modest advertising budgets. Having a giveaway with actually good items on Twitch and Amazon is probably the best use of their advertising budget they could possibly do.

Also, when you say stuff like this:

On 1/3/2018 at 4:24 PM, LSG501 said:

No, didn't agree with it the first time due to them giving away 'top tier items' that in most cases are vaulted.  Hell I paid for frost when it was unvaulted in a twin pack with ember...if I'd have waited I'd have got it for free. 

It's hard to take you seriously when you say you don't want to get special treatment because you "worked" or paid for something.

Edited by Urabask

10 minutes ago, Urabask said:

It's hard to take you seriously when you say you don't want to get special treatment because you "worked" or paid for something.

Yes...we'll all stop paying for stuff in the game and then we'll see how long the game last.  Seriously how stupid are you. 

You're also missing the point about why it was mentioned... as was said in the original thread on it back when it was released, this can lead to people not buying prime access because they'll now think if I wait a bit longer it might be given out for free just like frost was...

Edited by LSG501

23 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yes...we'll all stop paying for stuff in the game and then we'll see how long the game last.  Seriously how stupid are you. 

You're also missing the point about why it was mentioned... as was said in the original thread on it back when it was released, this can lead to people not buying prime access because they'll now think if I wait a bit longer it might be given out for free just like frost was...

If enough people feel that it's worthwhile to spend money on the game without the special treatment that you specifically want then it's entirely up to DE to decide whether or not hurting your feelings is worth it.  Given the way they  put Frost in the twitch promotion I'd assume they've done the numbers and know it's not really a problem.

You're also assuming that everyone buys prime access for just one frame and that the next twitch promotion will be the frame that they want.  The reality is that there are a lot of people that buy prime access for the other items and that you have no way of knowing that 6+ months after it that the particular frame you want is the one that will be in a twitch promotion.  So you're talking about a fraction of the people that actually buy prime access and by not buying it they're looking at a very good chance of not getting the frame from the prime access they skip.

Edited by Urabask

1 minute ago, Urabask said:

If enough people feel that it's worthwhile to spend money on the game without the special treatment that you specifically want then it's entirely up to DE to decide whether or not hurting your feelings is worth it.  Given the way they  put Frost in the twitch promotion I'd assume they've done the numbers and know it's not really a problem.

You're also assuming that everyone buys prime access for just one frame and that the next twitch promotion will be the frame that they want.  The reality is that there are a lot of people that buy prime access for the other items and that you have no way of knowing that 6+ months after it that the particular frame you want is the one that will be in a twitch promotion.  So you're talking about a fraction of the people that actually buy prime access and by not buying it they're looking at a very good chance of not getting the frame from the prime access they skip.

I'm not the one even going on about wanting special treatment....you're clearly either a bit stupid or out to troll so I'm just going to ignore you from now on. 

16 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'm not the one even going on about wanting special treatment....you're clearly either a bit stupid or out to troll so I'm just going to ignore you from now on. 

You're not specifically talking about it but you are in essence asking for it .  Kind of funny how you have to resort to ad hominems when you can't find a counter argument.

Just in case you still don't get it you're asking for longer exclusivity on vaulted prime items purchased via prime access.  That is special treatment.

Edited by Urabask

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/01/2018 at 8:37 PM, (XB1)Epickiro7994130 said:

If you didn’t know all ready the Warframe Free Prime With Prime Deal has expired and is no longer available. So I decided to make a forum to see if players want a new one, and if so what Prime weapons and Warframe should be included.

I’d love to ha e more I started the game after it finished and have no prime so plz can you do it

On 1/4/2018 at 6:36 AM, LSG501 said:

As I said in the original comment, it's something that is noticeable now, before it wasn't, I never said there was none originally....  There's a difference between it being a small subset which is unnoticeable to something that is more apparent due to a change in the type of player now playing the game. 

Yes, but that also comes with the growth in player base, it almost doubled in a year. Assuming 10-20% of players are of a disliked type, it's why it seems worse now, but that 10-20% has always been there. The rise in player base also likely brought in new revenue.

Games like WF need to access new players constantly due to the retention rate.

That said I think they could do with just giving away starter frames with Twitch skins.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

Yes, but that also comes with the growth in player base, it almost doubled in a year. Assuming 10-20% of players are of a disliked type, it's why it seems worse now, but that 10-20% has always been there. The rise in player base also likely brought in new revenue.

Games like WF need to access new players constantly due to the retention rate.

That said I think they could do with just giving away starter frames with Twitch skins.

The irony of this reply is that the thread had basically died at the end of January and has just been revived by a 'new player' wanting stuff for free because they found out about something that is no longer available....

14 hours ago, LSG501 said:

The irony of this reply is that the thread had basically died at the end of January and has just been revived by a 'new player' wanting stuff for free because they found out about something that is no longer available....

Well yeah, who doesn't like free stuff?  Least the new player is going through the forum reading some topics, most don't even bother coming here. 

Edited by (PS4)GbHaseo

On 1/3/2018 at 5:19 PM, LSG501 said:

and just think about the sort of players it has attracted to the game as well....

Umm, as someone who got brought into the game because of Frost prime, and has since spent a couple of hundred on the game, I'm not sure what you are insinuating. 

I guess your overload of salt is interfering with your faculties.