Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA + VENARI WHEN?

Lanying

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Lanying:

Which devs stream was that sorry?

So it is just an assumption then? Like I said. I haven't seen them say that Khora has to be released with damage 2.5, my assumption was just they were being done at the same time.

Well, they never said it has to be released together, but Khora pretty much was the reason Damage 2.5 started. I think it was 102, maybe before that.

47 minutes ago, Lanying said:

Which devs stream was that sorry?

So it is just an assumption then? Like I said. I haven't seen them say that Khora has to be released with damage 2.5, my assumption was just they were being done at the same time.

Just think about it. Why would they release a warframe that will be changed within few weeks thanks to dmg 2.5? They will either release them at the same time or dmg 2.5 will come first. It makes no sense otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Just think about it. Why would they release a warframe that will be changed within few weeks thanks to dmg 2.5? They will either release them at the same time or dmg 2.5 will come first. It makes no sense otherwise. 

I can totally see why Khora and damage 2.5 happened at the same time.. but she (just like every other warframe) isn't tied exclusively to IPS. She still does damage regardless of form. Can still CC and summon a pet for additional damage. Her 4 can still be summoned despite IPS changes. Just like Ash and Equinox still do damage and are playable. Status changes haven't happened but chorma, saryn etc are all still playable.

Sure they will be effected by IPS and status changes, but they are still play able. I don't see how Khoras abilities would change pre and post dmg 2.5. She wouldn't be changed anymore than say Ash, for example. Who also has two slash damage abilities. Yet he is still playable. He will be affected but doesn't mean he can't be used.

Ultimately no one knows, so saying she will be released the same time is just speculation.There is some sense to it but the idea she can't be released before makes very little sense. IPS worked this far so I'm sure Khora would be just fine.

3 minutes ago, Lanying said:

I can totally see why Khora and damage 2.5 happened at the same time.. but she (just like every other warframe) isn't tied exclusively to IPS. She still does damage regardless of form. Can still CC and summon a pet for additional damage. Her 4 can still be summoned despite IPS changes. Just like Ash and Equinox still do damage and are playable. Status changes haven't happened but chorma, saryn etc are all still playable.

Sure they will be effected by IPS and status changes, but they are still play able. I don't see how Khoras abilities would change pre and post dmg 2.5. She wouldn't be changed anymore than say Ash, for example. Who also has two slash damage abilities. Yet he is still playable. He will be affected but doesn't mean he can't be used.

Ultimately no one knows, so saying she will be released the same time is just speculation.There is some sense to it but the idea she can't be released before makes very little sense. IPS worked this far so I'm sure Khora would be just fine.

Even her pet relies on those dmg types dude. She is entirely reliant on IPS except for maybe 1 skill. This change will have heavier impact on her than any other frame. Therefor there is no reason to release her and than change how she works. Thats just common sense. 

Okay first of all, you're confusing IPS damage with procs. Slash damage is different to a slash proc. They are currently working on the IPS *PROCS* not damage. Slash has its DOT, impact for stun/ragdol and puncture of dmg reduction. They are working on their procs, not the damage itself.

Her abilities all deal IPS damage. The proc levels we don't know. Her kit relies heavily on her IPS damage type. The procs that happen are a bonus. They current procs in game are very similar to the ones they suggested; however they added additional scaling to the IPS procs (not damage).

Her whip, bind, kavaat and phase whip will all deal whatever IPS damage she has selected, that doesn't gurantee procs. If it does, that's a bonus and even then the procs in game are still useful (bleed, damage reduction and stun). Only thing is people love slash at higher levels + is very helpful with armoured enemies. That likely won't change.

It's quite clear that her IPS damage won't change. So her core mechanic (IPS DAMAGE) isn't 100% effected. She could just as easily work in the current damage systems. It's just common sense. 

19 hours ago, Lanying said:

Also can we get a reliable way to take a picture of our vingettes? I always have a frame poking out the bottom?

Also do you guys think they should be posted facing the door or the window?

Can't you use the remote observer?

Logic isn't linear, black and white. There is sense in them being released together. But with the community's huge back lash over the proposed dmg 2.5, they likely had to rethink.

I doubt in that time they will just sit on Khora and let her gather dust until something far more complex has to be sorted. Especially when the whole game revolves around IPS now (abilities and all weapons and damage to use and the enemy), yet the game still works and wins awards?? 

They are going to work status procs too... so basically don't release any more weapons or frames until 2.5 is sorted. Which could take months because they clearly have to go back to the drawing board. I highly doubt it. That would hurt profit which DE needs to pay staff to figure their damage systems out. 

Khora would work very well in the current game. I don't see why she couldn't be released into the current systems and do very well. Maybe even better after the IPS rework!

In fact I'll go as far to say that she would be worth more money now. Seeing how strong slash is in game; having a frame that can deal all her damage in slash makes her very strong. That's a win for sales. Dont you think?

Just now, Lanying said:

WHaaaaaa~ oh that's what that is. Thanks for that!!!

I've never used it myself but they did allow use on the liset i remember a bit back via hotkey then they added the ability to just open the gear wheel for emotes.

2 minutes ago, Lancars said:

I've never used it myself but they did allow use on the liset i remember a bit back via hotkey then they added the ability to just open the gear wheel for emotes.

Okay bought and equipped it but you can't use anything from your gear in you orbiter :( Sadness Everdeen! Thanks for the suggestion though :)

11 minutes ago, Lancars said:

Yeah i have it on f7 but no luck :(

A fully modded dual cat build is something they didn't show, even when they had two chances. Infact during the last live stream I dont remember seeing her sentinal either. So far we've only seen one image of Khora with two cats

Le 5/1/2018 à 23:09, Lanying a dit :

A fully modded dual cat build is something they didn't show, even when they had two chances. Infact during the last live stream I dont remember seeing her sentinal either. So far we've only seen one image of Khora with two cats

maybe in her final release she will just have Venari kavat alone as forced companion and not as an extra companion as we expect. (tbh id really like if she could actually have 2 companions all the time and not just call venari for a short amount of time as a power)

And maybe she is not releasing just because they want to insert a new useless mission type with 0.1% chance to drop her parts in C rotation like they did with Nidus...

Edited by JohnKable

3 hours ago, JohnKable said:

maybe in her final release she will just have Venari kavat alone as forced companion and not as an extra companion as we expect. (tbh id really like if she could actually have 2 companions all the time and not just call venari for a short amount of time as a power)

And maybe she is not releasing just because they want to insert a new useless mission type with 0.1% chance to drop her parts in C rotation like they did with Nidus...

Wait so do you want 3 kavats or Venari as a passive that we don't have to summon? I would like it if we didn't have to call Venari but that would mean when she dies, Khora just looses a one ability which is pretty harsh.