Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survial mission - no option to quit early

Legoldos

So today I queued for meso survival to open few relics and XP my new warframe...and of course i got 2 pro players (24 mr and 25 mr with almost all weapons collected etc) who wanted to go 45+ mins endless and i was taken hostage cuz i couldnt leave....there was 1 other player who wanted to leave too but I soon died so we couldnt initiate exctraction

I want to thank clan <removed> who has these 2 brilliant players who were so arrogant they forced less skilled/equipped player to waste time playing survival mission for so long and then ultimately letting him die......they even insult me cuz i queued for public survival and somehow i was to blame not them.....

Would be Nice to include option to leave sooner like in defense mission....holding player hostage in public survival mission is jsut mean

Edited by Letter13
Don't name and shame. It's against the rules.

You should've tried to initiate Extraction with that other player before dying.

It's technically only possible to quit earlier than 5 minutes/waves by aborting the mission.

If those 2 players told you to stay for 45 minutes before you started the mission... Then you simply shouldn't have started the mission.

Also, naming and shaming isn't allowed. It's a good idea to remove their names from your post.

It was public random matchmaking...they jsut kept going and after 25 mins i asked if we could quit cuz i ran out of relics...adn they replied no, just camp somewhere...then i died for good and couldnt excract with other player who also ran out of relics....never encoutered this behavior

4 minutes ago, Legoldos said:

It was public random matchmaking...they jsut kept going and after 25 mins i asked if we could quit cuz i ran out of relics...adn they replied no, just camp somewhere...then i died for good and couldnt excract with other player who also ran out of relics....never encoutered this behavior

As the other player said, you should have extracted with the other player. To avoid this behavior you should try recruiting chat. Also please remove their names from your post, naming -> shaming is against the rules.

Edited by i_Lex

3 minutes ago, Redspace0095 said:

it needs either similar setup to defence so people that wish to carry on can, those that don't can leave.

No, there is already an extraction. Otherwhise the extraction will be replaced with a choose screen + timer. This would only further involve trolling that sometimes already happens with defense mission by extracting on the very last second.

Edited by i_Lex

but the extraction requires at least 2 out of 4 players to be there and it ends it for the whole party. A more defence style one, even if it is set for every 10 waves, would at least allow those that have reached the point of their weapons/frames usefulness at current mod level to bail without losing affinity or resources collected. Plus they would have to also stay alive during the 60 seconds or so for the extraction to work. 

Edited by Redspace0095

9 minutes ago, i_Lex said:

As the other player said, you should have extracted with the other player. To avoid this behavior you should try recruiting chat. Also please remove their names from your post, naming -> shaming is against the rules.

I couldnt exctract cuz i died permanently i didnt expect them to be so rude cuz i never met players like that.....oh recruiting chat? so if i want to play with randoms i cant use public matchmaking? i thought public option was for people like me who want quick action...shouldnt those 2 who wanted to go endless for aso long find people in recuiting? or queue as friends only so they wont drag randoms into it?

Those two should have gone into a private lobby, certainly, but their behavior in Fissure missions is actually fairly rare.  

I hope you took screencaps of their harassment and submitted it to Support - ultimately, they're the ones that can help right now.  But a way to force an extraction even when dead would be nice.  Maybe a vote leave initiated when half the team is dead.  

The Recruiting tab is a good option, but it is hectic and takes longer than it should to get a decent team.  I'd suggest joining a Discord dedicated to Fissure missions, joining a Clan or Alliance or gathering a good source of friends to pull from for missions. 

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Those two should have gone into a private lobby, certainly, but their behavior in Fissure missions is actually fairly rare.  

I hope you took screencaps of their harassment and submitted it to Support - ultimately, they're the ones that can help right now.  But a way to force an extraction even when dead would be nice.  Maybe a vote leave initiated when half the team is dead.  

The Recruiting tab is a good option, but it is hectic and takes longer than it should to get a decent team.  I'd suggest joining a Discord dedicated to Fissure missions, joining a Clan or Alliance or gathering a good source of friends to pull from for missions. 

actually i didnt screenshot anyhting, cuz i thought that they werent actually breaking any rules, jsut being mean

I started this topic cuz i really want option to quit survival early without forcing whole team to extract

Just now, Legoldos said:

actually i didnt screenshot anyhting, cuz i thought that they werent actually breaking any rules, jsut being mean

I started this topic cuz i really want option to quit survival early without forcing whole team to extract

Holding you hostage and then berating you for not continuing is worthy or a report, imo. 

And I'd love to see that kind of thing, but the games been out for years now, if they were going to do it, it'd be done.  DE seems to be focused on forcing some sense of team work with Survival missions for some reason.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Holding you hostage and then berating you for not continuing is worthy or a report, imo. 

And I'd love to see that kind of thing, but the games been out for years now, if they were going to do it, it'd be done.  DE seems to be focused on forcing some sense of team work with Survival missions for some reason.

well i play only for 2 months and i heard DE kinda listens to community and change game a lot, so it was worth a try

7 minutes ago, Legoldos said:

well i play only for 2 months and i heard DE kinda listens to community and change game a lot, so it was worth a try

They do listen.  

This may just be a situation where not enough people have made posts about it or talk about it enough to make DE add it to their list of priorities.  

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

They do listen.  

This may just be a situation where not enough people have made posts about it or talk about it enough to make DE add it to their list of priorities.  

so at least i added my 2 cents....lets see if it helps in long run

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's only a worthy report if there was actual harrasement, if it was just "not wanting to leave" then it shouldn't be reported.

Other than this, the OP always had the option to leave the game willingly, and otherwhise he could force an extraction with the other "low" level

1 minute ago, i_Lex said:

It's only a worthy report if there was actual harrasement, if it was just "not wanting to leave" then it shouldn't be reported.

Obviously.  I'm not saying report someone because they were "being mean"  If they were actually being harassing or toxic, then they should be reported - especially if they refused to leave the mission when half the team asked them to.  Last I was told, that's actually considered griefing other players. 

Edited by MagPrime

2 hours ago, Legoldos said:

So today I queued for meso survival to open few relics and XP my new warframe...and of course i got 2 pro players (24 mr and 25 mr with almost all weapons collected etc) who wanted to go 45+ mins endless and i was taken hostage cuz i couldnt leave....there was 1 other player who wanted to leave too but I soon died so we couldnt initiate exctraction

I want to thank clan Donnersuff who has these 2 brilliant players who were so arrogant they forced less skilled/equipped player to waste time playing survival mission for so long and then ultimately letting him die......they even insult me cuz i queued for public survival and somehow i was to blame not them.....

Would be Nice to include option to leave sooner like in defense mission....holding player hostage in public survival mission is jsut mean

You can always abort mission , you know this right ?

21 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

You can always abort mission , you know this right ?

Then you lose all your resources and affinity for the mission, which is a problem if this was for some important alert or other mission that you really don't want to repeat.

What you can do is just let yourself die, alt-tab and wait for the mission to end- even if you are dead when the extraction happens you'll still get all the rewards for the time you put in. 

For whatever reason, DE did not...in their infinite wisdom...let 2 of the endless types have an individual extraction option. They should have, but somebody there decided that has to be a "team" thing. 

If DE feels like it's just gotta cost something, I'd suggest having to pay an affinity fee to extract early, with the fee dropping as time in-mission goes up. Thus, it's more expensive to bail early, but if you stay long enough, it'll eventually be free. Preferably, though, I'd like an "extract" button at the extraction site, and the ability to leave freely at any time. If we're not staying for the 5-minute or the Extractor intervals, then we're already paying a cost for leaving. 

Edit: and of course, if you leave before the first extraction or the first 5 minutes, the mission is counted as a failure. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack