Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple active pets

(PSN)BlackVenomX8

Hello everyone,

As the title says, I hope we can have multiple active pets wandering the orbiter, Since they gave us the option to mature kubrows/kavat whenever we want, I want to see my little puppies and kittens wandering around and interacting with each other, and hopefully with the toys that came in U22.8.

Also i hope that we can change kubrows/kavats energy color like the helminth charger.

1 minute ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

Hello everyone,

As the title says, I hope we can have multiple active pets wandering the orbiter, Since they gave us the option to mature kubrows/kavat whenever we want, I want to see my little puppies and kittens wandering around and interacting with each other, and hopefully with the toys that came in U22.8.

Also i hope that we can change kubrows/kavats energy color like the helminth charger.

This Would be Decent i would like to see this

As long as DNA degradation is a thing I just keep all my pets in cold storage always. So I can't even imagine having more than one out as my average is probably pretty close to zero at any given time. 

That said It would be pretty cool to be able to have multiples out and I think if people had the capacity to interact more with more of their Companions they would be far more likely to use their companions on missions. Plus seeing them interact would be pretty darn cool. 

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

As long as DNA degradation is a thing I just keep all my pets in cold storage always. So I can't even imagine having more than one out as my average is probably pretty close to zero at any given time. 

DE should remove that DNA degradation system, It's one of the big reasons players always use sentinels.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

DE should remove that DNA degradation system, It's one of the big reasons players always use sentinels.

That is one of the most untrue things out there. The biggest reason is A) Vacuum and B) Warmframe Survival mods. 

As long as you do sorties a couple times a week you'll have millions of extra credits.

Seriously, guys just get the updated incubator segment, and as long as you log in a few times a week your pet won't die. It actually never does it just goes back into stasis. So there is literally no risk for leaving your pet out and it doesn't need to be at 100% health all the time, unless you are taking it out on missions.

But yeah I'd like to see multiple pets out at once. I'd like to see more interaction between the pet and the environment of the ship, like it looking at or touching different parts of the ship.  I would love to see my pet interact with my sentinel I have on display.

I had another idea which DE kinda took the wind out of but I think would still be a nice addtion in the game.  Convert the Helminth room to a pet room.  Allow you to display all your pets in stasis(in cosmetic configuration) on the walls, and allow you to make a pet play room, complete with pet toys and furnature, and even specific decoration for the room.  Make the room a training room for the pet and add a little simulacrum level maker so you can design a pet obstacle course or a training ground. Nothing as elaborate as the Dojo obstacle room, though they could do that.

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76

Just now, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

That is one of the most untrue things out there. The biggest reason is A) Vacuum and B) Warmframe Survival mods. 

As long as you do sorties a couple times a week you'll have millions of extra credits.

Being someone for whom the primary reason I don't use my Companions is because of the degradation system..... I can tell you that degradation is indeed my primary problem with them. 

While Having Vacuum would be nice, micromanaging degradation is why I keep my Companions on permanent cold storage, out of sight and for the most part out of mind. It certainly isn't the cost, hell I blew 5million on Pedestal Prime just this last week without a second thought. It's purely the inconvenience of needing to remember to hit a button every 8 days for the sake of hitting a button because pressing that button doesn't make them any better (nominal hp increase, maybe?) and it stopped being a credit sink a small eternity ago, so why is it even there? Again you are pressing a button for the sake of pressing a button, a pointless task that Sentinels don't ask of you. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

Seriously, guys just get the updated incubator segment, and as long as you log in a few times a week your pet won't die. It actually never does it just goes back into stasis. So there is literally no risk for leaving your pet out and it doesn't need to be at 100% health all the time, unless you are taking it out on missions.

You assume I didn't start with the Second upgrade module before I even entertained the notion of completing Howl of the Kubrow.

The second incubator segment is hardly the answer as it doesn't solve the issue it just kinda slaps a bandaid on it and tells you to walk it off. Yes it removes the potential was permadeath (assuming you where ever susceptible to that scenario) but it leaves in the vestigial button pressing for no significant reason, but hey it's OK because now you have to press it 50% less often Wooooo~ 

Imagine this scenario, 

You go to Cetus with your companion and talk to the pet dude. He tells you your pet doesn't look so great and that the animals on Cetus don't have any kind of problem like that. He tells you he wishes he could help but they are all out of their incubator modules. He points you towards the second tier Incubator module as a stop gap while they have a chance to get more incubator modules in stock. 

You build the second module and you end up talking to him again. He tells you your pet looks a lot better not perfect but pretty good, lucky for you they just conveniently got/completed a shipment of the new (tier 3) modules. He offers to sell you a completed module for plat or buy the blueprints for credits. You get the Tier 3 module and install it. 

Just like that your Companion no longer suffers degradation and instead of punishing you for not using stabalizer the new module applies a temporary buff to your pet for using them. For the sake of this example it applies an immunity to AOE/Environmental Status Effects, for a hand full of hours. No more watching your pet wonder into a poison cloud and stand there staring blankly back at you while it dies. Batta bing, batta boom.... no more degradation, they retain incubator progression AND it fits in the lore~ *drops mic*

Now imagine how many more people would have their pets active in their orbiter instead of a spinning helix or an egg on a pedestal.

Imagine how many more people would stop and thing "Hey maybe I should take that Kubrow/Kavat thing thats wondering around my orbiter out on a mission", who knows maybe they don't but the fact of the matter is it would be there in their orbiter not out of sight and out of mind in cold storage.

Imagine how many more people would be inclined to spend platinum on a pet bed or pet toys with their pet free to wonder around the orbiter without fear of logging in to an message essentially berating them for not logging in for too long. Or for the many who don't seem to know about the upgrade module, a message berating them for not logging in for too long that also tells them their 5 forma pet is dead. You would be amazed how many people don't even seem to know the second module is a thing until they have been burned by the game the first time.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Being someone for whom the primary reason I don't use my Companions is because of the degradation system..... I can tell you that degradation is indeed my primary problem with them. 

While Having Vacuum would be nice, micromanaging degradation is why I keep my Companions on permanent cold storage, out of sight and for the most part out of mind. It certainly isn't the cost, hell I blew 5million on Pedestal Prime just this last week without a second thought. It's purely the inconvenience of needing to remember to hit a button every 8 days for the sake of hitting a button because pressing that button doesn't make them any better (nominal hp increase, maybe?) and it stopped being a credit sink a small eternity ago, so why is it even there? Again you are pressing a button for the sake of pressing a button, a pointless task that Sentinels don't ask of you. 

You assume I didn't start with the Second upgrade module before I even entertained the notion of completing Howl of the Kubrow.

The second incubator segment is hardly the answer as it doesn't solve the issue it just kinda slaps a bandaid on it and tells you to walk it off. Yes it removes the potential was permadeath (assuming you where ever susceptible to that scenario) but it leaves in the vestigial button pressing for no significant reason, but hey it's OK because now you have to press it 50% less often Wooooo~ 

Imagine this scenario, 

You go to Cetus with your companion and talk to the pet dude. He tells you your pet doesn't look so great and that the animals on Cetus don't have any kind of problem like that. He tells you he wishes he could help but they are all out of their incubator modules. He points you towards the second tier Incubator module as a stop gap while they have a chance to get more incubator modules in stock. 

You build the second module and you end up talking to him again. He tells you your pet looks a lot better not perfect but pretty good, lucky for you they just conveniently got/completed a shipment of the new (tier 3) modules. He offers to sell you a completed module for plat or buy the blueprints for credits. You get the Tier 3 module and install it. 

Just like that your Companion no longer suffers degradation and instead of punishing you for not using stabalizer the new module applies a temporary buff to your pet for using them. For the sake of this example it applies an immunity to AOE/Environmental Status Effects, for a hand full of hours. No more watching your pet wonder into a poison cloud and stand there staring blankly back at you while it dies. Batta bing, batta boom.... no more degradation, they retain incubator progression AND it fits in the lore~ *drops mic*

Now imagine how many more people would have their pets active in their orbiter instead of a spinning helix or an egg on a pedestal.

Imagine how many more people would stop and thing "Hey maybe I should take that Kubrow/Kavat thing thats wondering around my orbiter out on a mission", who knows maybe they don't but the fact of the matter is it would be there in their orbiter not out of sight and out of mind in cold storage.

Imagine how many more people would be inclined to spend platinum on a pet bed or pet toys with their pet free to wonder around the orbiter without fear of logging in to an message essentially berating them for not logging in for too long. Or for the many who don't seem to know about the upgrade module, a message berating them for not logging in for too long that also tells them their 5 forma pet is dead. You would be amazed how many people don't even seem to know the second module is a thing until they have been burned by the game the first time.

While I think your idea is interesting, and I agree there needs to be more sophistication on how you interact with your pet, that is way too complicated for most people and would result in more complaining about how they need to micromanage their pet.

I just point out that there never was a fear of permadeath, you just had to pay to get it out of stasis and wait for it to wake up again, even before the incubator upgrade. The upgrade just stretched the time and even negated the penalty for forgetting to feed your pet. Because you can just pay to get it out of stasis immediately. This means any complaint about not using pets on the grounds that they require too much micromanaging or tedious behavior is a bit silly. I keep my Kavat out and I barely look at it's health. Like I said a couple of times a week I feed it one dna stabilizer and it has never gotten anywhere close to low health. If anything I waste stabilizers because my biggest gripe about the thing is how ambiguous the whole process is, why can't I see exactly what percentage the DNS stabilizer will restore on the screen so I can wait and use enough to get back to 100% exactly?

I want to see more sophisticate AI attached to the pets. I want to see more interaction options for them in the ship. And as for adding new power mechanics, I'd rather they upgrade the kubrows to Mod 2.0, so they can add things like Aura's, Exilus, and augment mods.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

A) Not everyone uses vaccum, It's good when farming resources and that's it, If you're doing normal missions you won't need it.

B) Pets (Specially kavats) have more useful buffs than sentinels, And hunter recovery mod works better than medi-ray.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

A) Not everyone uses vaccum, It's good when farming resources and that's it, If you're doing normal missions you won't need it.

Maybe in you're regular gameplay you don't(I use my Critty Cat alot actually) but seeing as 80% of the companion use before the vacuum change was carrier, I'd say that most people do in fact use vacuum.

It's a massive qol of life that is useful in EVERY situation. I'm not going to argue about vacuum in this thread (there are plenty of other threads to do that in) so don't bother trying to engage me in that.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

B) Pets (Specially kavats) have more useful buffs than sentinels, And hunter recovery mod works better than medi-ray.

Sure they have more useful in combat buffs but they don't have as many survivability buffs and as such they can't revive you, instantly restore all shields, give you a shield regen bonus, and heal. Not to mention they can do pretty decent damage with their guns as well as reliably proc status for condition overload.

I'm not against buffs for both pets and sentinels but when arguing for one or the other make sure you're using the facts and not just blowing steam out your &#!.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

I disagree with A. Alot of frames have setups which require constant energy or health pickups. So much so that having to run to within 10m(this isn't even noticeable that much from running into it directly, I checked) literally stops you from playing. I'm not just talking about farming, I'm talking about doing certain event missions and bosses. And alot of frames ability are locked from using energy pads and require the frame to stay in one spot, not being able to pickup from far away interferes with their ability to play.

Vacuum is pretty popular in general. I see more people with sentinels than with kubrows or kavats. And most times they only reason they have one out is because they are leveling it or they are goofing off or they are one of the few who prefer animals to sentinels. But Vacuum is such a thing in this game there is a huge undercurrent of support for having an inherent universal vacuum on warframes. No restriction, mechanics, or grinding to acquire, just straight 20-30m vacuum like sentinels in every frame. So to say not everyone uses vacuum, I guess you're semantically right, but most people do use vacuum.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

I disagree with A. Alot of frames have setups which require constant energy or health pickups. So much so that having to run to within 10m(this isn't even noticeable that much from running into it directly, I checked) literally stops you from playing. I'm not just talking about farming, I'm talking about doing certain event missions and bosses. And alot of frames ability are locked from using energy pads and require the frame to stay in one spot, not being able to pickup from far away interferes with their ability to play.

I completely disagree with you. I do not use sentinels, end of story. I use a kavat. The lack of Vacuum is completely irrelevant. I have never encountered a scenario where I thought having Vacuum would have been genuinely useful. You absolutely do not need Vacuum. Can you explain to me a scenario where Vacuum is essential? You state “it literally stops you from playing” so there must be a number of scenarios where it is essential.

As for the OP, have many little kittens and puppies running around the ship would be excellent. Perhaps do away with DNA degradation on pets that are not matured. But keep it on the matured ones (they are cloned, genetic degradation occurs).

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I completely disagree with you. I do not use sentinels, end of story. I use a kavat. The lack of Vacuum is completely irrelevant. I have never encountered a scenario where I thought having Vacuum would have been genuinely useful. You absolutely do not need Vacuum. Can you explain to me a scenario where Vacuum is essential? You state “it literally stops you from playing” so there must be a number of scenarios where it is essential.

A perfect example is plague star. Several times my sentinel was one shooted by the hemocyte and I was running an Ember, and I had to literally stop hitting the hemocyte to run around to pick up energy orbs and health as there were leaches and toxic AOE damage all over the place.

Likewise when I ran plague star as a nekros to back everyone up and the same thing happened. It was the only time I ever had my despoil desecrate cancelled due to low HP. I had to run around trying to pick up every health orb i could find, I kept literally wandering away from where everyone was playing and killing the hemocyte.

And please read what i said. I do acknowledge that a minority of people play with out vacuum.

Everyone talks about players and why most of them use sentinels only because of vacuum.

You should use what fits your playstyle more, Or what will assist you in a certain mission.

If you want looting/survivability use sentinels, If you want Dmg dealer/buff allies or debuff enemies use pets.

All i wanted is to share the idea of releasing my puppies and kittens in the free space and make them interact with the toys/beds and with each other.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

A perfect example is plague star. Several times my sentinel was one shooted by the hemocyte and I was running an Ember, and I had to literally stop hitting the hemocyte to run around to pick up energy orbs and health as there were leaches and toxic AOE damage all over the place.

I disagree with this. I also ran Ember and I used a Kavat. I did not need Vacuum for this. I also ran Plague Star with Nekros and a Kavat as well. Your playstyle means you need Vacuum. Mine means I do not.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

And please read what i said. I do acknowledge that a minority of people play with out vacuum.

My comment was more: why do you believe Vacuum to be essential? Provide me with some insight. Which you did. Whether you acknowledge people not using vacuum was irrelevant. I was stating that it is a mod I have no use for. Hence I cannot see it as "essential". But this is not really the topic here. 

39 minutes ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

All i wanted is to share the idea of releasing my puppies and kittens in the free space and make them interact with the toys/beds and with each other.

I agree, this is an excellent idea.

I would buy kavat codes, eggs etc just to have a whole bunch of kittens running around my ship. Each one would need a bed and some toys. So, DE could make a bit of money off it. And really, it strikes me as something which would not be that difficult to implement (just allow pets to run around freely provided they have not matured). They could even add a new ship segment to allow multiple pets to run around (I would buy it).

Yeah, I want to have all my pets out at once so they can not only be cute but be part of different loadouts. Smeeta for farming Nekros. Helminth for Nidus. Combine an Adarza with a loadout that uses a Hunter Muntions weapon. My Kubrow for... umm... eating my slippers and dragging its arse across the carpet.

The room your operator is in would be a good place for them. It's kind of empty right now and I vote for filling it up with doggy beds and chew toys.

Letting multiple pets roam around the Orbiter has been brought up before, by me, and the response was .. well it just died out.

The pet toys added, pet bed, different types of each. That makes me hope that one day an update will come and the red text will be a quip about how some of your companions are cold and need to be let out to romp and play.

Off Topic: Only time I use Sentinal was Mastery Ranking and scanning during events with new mobs.

9 hours ago, krc473 said:

My comment was more: why do you believe Vacuum to be essential? Provide me with some insight. Which you did. Whether you acknowledge people not using vacuum was irrelevant. I was stating that it is a mod I have no use for. Hence I cannot see it as "essential". But this is not really the topic here. 

Dude congratulations, you won Waframe, here's your cookie. No go off and play alone while the rest of us talk about Vacuum. I get that SOME players don't care about vacuum. I get the SOME players have figured out how to use their frames without having to vacuum energy/health orbs. But MOST players do not want to play without vacuum and MOST players do not play with out vacuum. Nothing in this conversation would interfere with you and how you play the game. 

I literally told you my personal experience about how playing a frame with out vacuum forced me to change the way I played, and interfered with the speed of how fast I wanted to kill a boss in the game, and you answered with "I did just fine", that doesn't add anything when it's already established that the majority of players use vacuum and the game is geared toward allowing that usage. That doesn't even cover the numerous times I accidentally left my Kubrow/Kavat installed and had to play random missions with them. I noticed a complete change in the way I had to play, and I to use less powers and had to stop fighting constantly to pick up items. that is called a change I the way you play.

You sound as bad as the people who just want a inherent universal vacuum with no restrictions.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

Dude congratulations, you won Waframe, here's your cookie. No go off and play alone while the rest of us talk about Vacuum.

This thread is not about Vacuum. End of story. It is about the possibility of having more than one pet on your ship running around. So, whether we like Vacuum or not is irrelevant. It is not the topic here.

And I think you’ll find I said that different playstyles allow people to play differently. I shared my experiences, and you took it as a personal attack. I like kavats, I want to use a kavat. If I could have five companions (on the ship or in missions) they would all be kavats.